To catch a predator

To catch a predator.

Any one of you guys thought that maybe if those guys didn't put the kids on the chat rooms. and lured in people. that the people who got caught. wouldn't have done it in the first place?

If they wouldn't have done it in the first place, then they wouldn't be chatting up someone who they thought was 12. Plus they showed up too.

t. Butthurt pedo

true, but still. imagen you are a guy sitting along at 12 pm, some girl started chatting. and you never had sex. then you have this girl talk to you for the first time. wouldn't you go crazy only thinking about having sex and any thing other then sex is irrelevant.

did they finally catch you ?

Yes that's why in most legal systems this practice is illegal and called entrapment. I imagine the show is probably a bit bullshit, and unless the guys are violating parole or repeat offenders, they would beat any charges with a decent lawyer

cant do the time dont do the crime

thanks the only good answer I got. been woundring about the show. I mean they can't do that and call it a case closed.

You're fucking idiots. They specifically make it a point to not entrap the offenders. They were never the first ones to engage the chat and it was always the offenders who would. Fucking morons.

The other thing to consider is that if they sent explicit messages or pics then theyve already commited a crime, so then they already dun goofed, because the prosecution will prove that they were looking to commit this crime regardless. But if they didnt and just showed up to the house with zimas and condoms, then they are still in preparation of committing a crime, which technically isnt a crime,depending on jurisdiction, many factors etc... Bottom line, its up to the coppers to do this extremely perfectly to get a conviction, which I think isnt very easy.

you should really read some of the chat logs i remember reading one were the girl directly said she was 14 and the guy kept going on about butt holes and tits

yah just watched a youtube. vid about the guys who were caught. most were shit, but maybe one guy out of the 200 did one mistake and didn't deserve it. maybe? thoughts

You have a point, yes they are trying not to entrap, but its not as simple as you suggest. Also its important to keep in mind that you are a douche and can get fucked.

Understood and granted here

I actually became really enthralled by the show and watched every last episode AND subsequent police interrogations. The psychology behind it all is fascinating, but what gets really interesting is the concept of "Think Crime." That's where things get convoluted as to whether or not these guys really broke the law (I mean... contrary to U.S. law). See: Minority Report.

Guy I used to hang out with got busted last year for meeting with an undercover he thought was 14 or something. Tried to kill himself, spent over a year on house arrest and fighting it in court, cost him like $30-$40k before they eventually dropped charges. Bunch of ex-gf's came out the woodwork and exposed him for being abusive and whatever.

Best believe dude thinks he did nothing wrong and has cried victim to anyone who will listen to him. He now sells vape juice and details cars living with his grandma.

one of my favs

shit.

I wonder if this shit happens in Germany or Belgium where you can just go to a red light and fuck a youngish looking 18 year old Romanian no matter how fat or ugly you are. Is this mostly a problem in the U.S. bec ugly slobs have no other way to legally fuck. Opinions Eurofags?

in Amsterdam the red light district is so depressing.
LOL ps3 fag.

I remember hearing a while back that the show was a bit staged. They were lured and arrested but it was nothing more than a shame tactic. It is tv so you have to sign a release. If you did then charges were dropped. If not then they could pursue charges but still almost always dropped them, however you would still get tied up in court. They had to stop after the one guy, who was an assistant D.A. killed himself when he was confronted by Chris Hansen

It's kinda true. There's a lot of dudes who struggle to socialize with normal adult women. They tend to prey on younger girls because they have a similar level of emotional (im)maturity and are easier to manipulate.

The old friend of mine above showed me his psych evaluation after being in suicide watch and that's what the shrink said, at least. That makes sense to me. I can kinda relate, I always date girls way younger than me (not underage though) because women my age(30) are pretty lame, boring, and opinionated.