Why did this album get so much hate? I honestly though it was pretty good

Why did this album get so much hate? I honestly though it was pretty good

illiterate normies

I feel like Lou Reed fans had a pretty nuanced view of it and Metallica fans had a hysterical hatred of it, and Metallica’s fan base is probably bigger than Lou’s.

The picture of the really withering staff review card is one of the funniest things I ever saw on the internet.

because metallica's fanbase is just a bunch of 40 year old rednecks or 14 y/o children

Metalheads and metallica are closed minded and don't get it

There it is, still hilarious.

"Fans"

Is reddit down?

journalists work entirely with received wisdom now

no one really processes or listens to music. they read the press release and read some tweets by writers they like and triangulate the position they are supposed to have that way.

to have original thought is toxic in that industry because the editors who assign and commission pieces do not have original thought. everyone works on received wisdom.

this album was a very original and beautiful and interesting work that does not resemble anything that has ever existed before. it confused people because the received wisdom leading into it did not adequately prepare people to understand it

the received wisdom is

1. metallica was better when they were younger and had long hair and played fast and were crude and trashy and not soft and festooned in dolce and gabbana on rodeo drive. their high-culture aspirations should not be encouraged, their best work can only be done playing riffs in a garage.

2. lou reed is a high culture figure. he makes albums about poems that get nominated for obscure grammies and listened to by grey haired new york times critics. he does not mix with low culture things like metallica. the sound of his high culture voice over the low culture sounds of metallica is too jarring, it cannot resolve, it is abomination.

this album should have been a celebration of lou reed, celebrated for being emblematic of everything that made him cool

it was the last chance we had to celebrate him while he was alive

instead he died confused and disappointed by what his world has become

I legit think this is probably one of the better Metalica albums since The Black Album and also a solid Reed effort. It's just bumb fuck metalfags who are projecting and don't want change.

That there's the dragon.

Do you really think Lou, the guy who released a double album of incomprehensible noise, gave a rats ass what some New York Times critic thought of it?

>Lou Reed's cringy autistic poetry with nu-metal buttrock in the background
>I honestly though it was pretty good

This is such a naive post. Even if you think it's pretty good, you're autistic if you can't figure out why so many people didn't.

Does lulu remind anyone else of Swans?

You have to be very close minded, the album came out in 2011, i was 16 and a hype metalhead,. I was very conservative at the time, but i kep listening and the album began to show other colours, i think I matured musically when i accepted this album being good and innovative, long post, sorry for the bad english

*tips fedora*

and btw, lars drumming is GREAT.

same user

But Metallica have been shit for years, and Lou Reed had ceased to put any effort into his performances. Received wisdom had nothing to do with it.

>Cute comment Nigger

>Cute comment virgin

Yeah I was the same age as you and first listen I thought it was god awful. I rembember hearing the stream and buying into the hate. Then before the end of the year I heard it maybe 3 more times and I actually started liking it. Now I don't love it, but I think the media is full of hypebeast metal faggots who love to hate on anything that they don't get. Like how can you give a positive score to an album that is only different from their last 15 because it was produced by someone else. Almost every rock/metal album has done little to nothing for me that I've heard this year. It's people like that who are the reason metal and rock is dying.