Would you be surprised if someone roped themselves after watching this shit?

Would you be surprised if someone roped themselves after watching this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_approaches_to_depression
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If they did they would probably deserve it 2bh

Not really, but there are better reasons to become an hero other than le depression horse show.
It'd be pretty cringey to hear someone killing themselves over this show

It surprises me people are affected by such lukewarm emotional manipulation.

Not that it's a bad thing but jesus get a life or watch better stuff.

Also the suicide meme is old and busted.

This is the most normie reddit show I've ever seen and it's lauded by 20 something pampered children who have never had any real hardship but think they're depressed. It's really embarrassing to see/hear people talk about this show.

Also if a shallow TV show about "depression" can make you kill yourself you deserve it.

Good posts.

Reddit.

If they killed themselves because they realized, like bojack, they were only playing at being depressed to justify to themselves their dissatisfaction with their otherwise pristine lives, also to seem more interesting to themselves and others, that'd be nice.

Redditjack Mememan

I agree. I always feel like it's pandering to your average 20 year old who is "so depressed."

obvious on one would, just a nice reflection on life even though only 1% of people on here are actually celebs

Lel nice suicide bait

>hmm realizing my depression and suicidal idealization are actually not real has made me decide to kill my le self!

I wanted to kill myself after I watched the first season but that's because it was one of the worst things I've seen in years and people tricked me into thinking it would get better after the first few episodes.

kids pretend to have depression because they have post break up blues and shit

I've had depression since I was 10, and I have the nerve pain to prove it. Meme depression is real and I have never posted about my depression on social media and I rarely talk about it to my friends because it isn't something I use to get attention like these stupid fucks.

Realizing your entire life is a lie and you're dissatisfied with life because life is inherently dissatisfying, and it will never get better and you'll never have a legitimate conflict beyond what you inflate in importance to obscure how meaningless everything is, would be a decent reason to kill yourself.

well bojack is so depressed

The problem with attempting to claim you're "always depressed" is depression is specifically defined as a sharp reduction in happiness compared to other periods in life.

To say, you're not depressed, your life is just shit.

>reads Nietzsche's wikipedia page once

>when you tryna nut but she keeps talking about how flouride is healthy and chemtrails aren't real

Never read nietzche. Modern philosophy is a wankfest.

>googles quotes of Schopenhauer once

A period that can sometimes go years on end or in some miserable cases for people's entire life.

And it's very likely that people who are depressed have do in fact have shit lives, having a shit life is exactly the evolutionary reason why depression is a thing, it's just a maladapted evolutionary tool in a modern society.

only schopenhaur i've read are his quotes on women

>grandpa dies
>drink a bunch of booze and watch season 1 of this
>mom dies
>drink a bunch of booze and watch season 2 of this

It's catatonic in a way, like I just went fucking numb and this show drove me further into the abyss.

Season 3 I had no tragedies so it wasn't the same. I was also sober

>literal evolutionary psychology
>believes depression is real

... oh sorry, didn't realize you were retarded.

I can't bring myself to watch the third season. It's not even mildly funny anymore. And I actually liked the first season.

>classic kiddies be 19-20'something
>depression is a half decent excuse to feel bad about shit
>lets blame all the bad shit on feels
>not know what's it's like to pull the leaver on gook chambers
>how can they compare feels too zykloyn b?

>I feel bad, i must be depressed!

>evolutionary reason why depression is a thing
>evolutionary purpose to neural disorder
Why is Sup Forums full of retards?

Nietzche is not a "modern" philosopher chronologically speaking
the modern philosophers are postmodernists, which is sometimes what Nietzsche is called by stupid liberals who think he is cool and want to think he'd agree with their stupid viewpoints.

People often mistake Nietzsche as many things, just read him for yourself and if you are clear of mind then you will realize he isn't nearly as edgy as people think he is. Sassy maybe, but that's just him being a charming motherfucker.

Rookie error, need a bottle and ice for this to hit home or it's just "depre-4camemesn-ssion"

Keep trying, you've almost got an idea formed in that tiny little brain of yours.

>character is lazy, untalented, and knowingly makes self-destructive decisions
>it's somehow sad when he is disliked or fails relative to his unrealistic expectations
The very premise of the show is bad.

It's obvious that you just don't know anything about psychology, but read about the evolutionary reasoning behind it. It has the best perspective on depression, people like to romanticize their own depression and that's why I think humanist and existential views are so popular but they hold no rational ground.
>evolutionary purpose to a neural disorder
This isn't some perspective I'm making up, I'm not going to spoonfeed you sources because you will provide no interesting perspectives on the matter so an extended discussion with you is pointless beyond me educating your dumb ass.

Some basic depressive tendencies reflected in animals and humans

You lose an evolutionary batte, be it an alpha steals your mate, or you get your shit smacked. You retreat from your dominance hierarchy. You have less energy during the time when your species is normally awake, have more energy when your species is asleep (to forage). You have less of an appetite, which keeps you from searching for food because predators will smack the shit out of you (again). You have lower pain tolerance because your brain is trying to make sure any wounds you already have don't get compacted to a doomed situation. Your sexual drive is lowered because your brain doesn't want you to compete with alpha males in your dominance hierarchy, because they might kill you.

This of course works fine in a situation where you can fend for yourself, you retreat, forage for yourself, and you heal up. But we are social creatures and this adaptive response is not evolved to deal with our particular permutation of a dominance hierarchy.

Think about it this way, you get fucked up, your sadness motivates you to go out and do shit to fix it. Depression is just when this process gets stuck in some way.

Tl:dr depression is only a disorder in the right context of a dominance hierarchy

Explain

Reading helps, dw

Depression is a basic animal response engineered to get an animal away from danger, and dampen it's drives until a time period is up at which point the animal continues it's normal routine.

Our brains are far more complicated but they still have this basic instinctual response, unfortunately the depressive response is integrated into higher functions in a janky way and problems arise. Major depressive disorder is the instinctual response of a depressive affect glitching out for a long period of time. Nobody knows if the results of it have an evolutionary purpose or not, probably not since long term depression causes literal brain damage.

sounds more like a mechanical defect, then again all neurological disorders are

why we treat mental problems separate from the rest of the body is beyond me.

its just flesh we don't understand not working properly

Let's dissect the brain and fix her up yeah?

Back to the 90's you uneducated fuck

>Nietzche is not a "modern" philosopher
Yes he is. As philosophy has a very stretched time/period scale. If someone wasn't a classical philosopher, they are a modern philosopher, and there's been no real period delineation since "modern" started in the 19th century because no one has said anything to trigger a revolution in philosophy since "modern" started.

are you seriously deny that anything wrong with your thinking process is not a fault in the underlying hardware?

i mean fuck you can cure depression if you pump someone full of enough morphine, to bad the side effects don't make that a suitable treatment.

the more we talk about the mind as something different or beyond what the rest of the body is the longer it will take us to really solve these problems

90% accurate

>Depression is a basic animal response engineered to get an animal away from danger

Yes, triggering an animal to just lay down and do nothing is certainly a logical response to danger

what the fuck are you talking about.

>i mean fuck you can cure depression if you pump someone full of enough morphine
what the actual fuck

The mind/body distinction is an illusion. The more we learn about the brain and how it functions, the clearer this becomes.

The brain is a chemical computer. "You" are an emergent function of said chemical computer. Every mind altering drug operates by adjusting the path of least resistance in the brain, resulting in alterations to consciousness.

That said, "permanent" depression is a result of neuroplasticity, the brain adjusting itself to more efficiently enact the most commonly used pathways in the brain. If THIS is what you're trying to say is an evolutionary development, you would be correct. Trying to say lethargy and apathy, in an animal, was developed as a response to danger is fucking stupid.

>you are a mechanical defect

What the fuck are you talking about? Depression is beyond blue, beyond what you'd call "normal". It's a systematic failure of our pack culture as humans and messed with our need to be with others.

Sure it's an abnormally and I agree it's "beyond different" but hey I definitely agree it's something greater then the body itself

What perspective are you working from? Like do you fancy yourself a student of psychology or do you think it's all bullshit? Or are you a depressed person who is offended by what I'm saying?

You don't know shit about the habits of animals if you think that animals don't run away and rest when bested, it's a fairly regular response especially in social creatures.

I'm done explaining shit, I don't know what sub-community I've triggered but here you guys go
Read the fucking studies:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_approaches_to_depression

>he doesn't go to the ol' noggin mechanic every 6 months for a tune-up
Probably why you're such an irritable, depressed retard 2bh

100%

DUDE "FEELS" LMAO

if you like this show you should kill yourself. You probably like R&M too.

yet here you are, posting this trash

Well, what's important is even though you're completely wrong, you've still found a way to feel superior.

Where the fuck has the Bert edit gone? No one uses it anymore

I watched it and i'm gonna rope myself at some point, so yeah.

Aw, not enough happy balloon animals and Teletubbies?

Op here

Rate your commitment tbqh

this show is for 20 year old special snowflakes who have watched too much family guy

i don't know what's worse, the people who actually find the humor in it funny, or the people who think the """dramatic""" parts are well done. it's all fucking trash.

There are multiple people posting on both sides of this argument, so keep that in mind but

Tell me what arguments you have made to me
you have just gone "NU UH"

How are you worth talking to? You fail to comprehend the idea that running away and hiding and resting may be of evolutionary benefit. So, what the fuck else can I do other than give you a page full of ontological arguments as well as studies that back up my claims?

Being 6 must suxx balls hey?

>it's
>it is
>gramer are good

7/10. I got some pussy in sight right now and really, that's the only thing why i'm not dead already. I'm 25, will propably be dead by the time i'm 30.

Suxxors my boxxors.

The character has no redeemable qualities which makes him entirely uninteresting. The saving grace of the first season was a couple visual gags and joke setups, some whole episodes long. By the time you're in the third season nearly all of those are gone or they're just tepid.

>The character has no redeemable qualities which makes him entirely uninteresting.

Aw, not enough superhero Don Draper for you?

Nah you'll make it to 40 then realise that you still owe debts to family/friends and life for them for a few years. Then you'll be 50 and make amens that you're at max half way and that "it only gets easier"

You want pussy you can pay for it, you want fulfilment lol good luck, you want family: most ppl were born with it. If you can't suck your own dick like a dog it's time to research the noose my son.

>understand what I was trying to say
>bitch about it anyway
literally kill yourself the way you are trying to kill discourse you stupid fuck

The original is better as a reaction gif.

Why shitpost like this? Are you a child?

he clearly likes bojack, so yes, he is obviously underage

Are you?

>A character makes decisions I don't agree with, show is shit!

Fucking reasoning capabilities of a kindergartener.

>Scary faces turn off :(

>running away and hiding and resting

The problem is mostly how this has nothing to do with depression.

>Sara Lin is ded at 9+11

If you have to keep coming up with increasingly contrived ways to self-sabotage for the show to continue, then yeah, it's pretty shit. :^)

Luckily we have superheroes like Walter White, Rick and Don Draper who never have to face consequences for their actions.

You should stay in your containment.

>he can't defend his show without bashing other shows and strawmanning people who think Bojack is shit
You have to be 18 to post here, kiddo. ;^)

Talk shit on rick if you want but Don and Walter are sick cunts

Lucky for you to have just turned that age. Feel free to come back when you've grown hairs past your pubestache.

>Are you?
I'm 26.
>makes decisions I don't agree with
This is true, though. A well written character pulls you into experiencing and agreeing with decisions by showing the applications of their values to different situations. Bojack doesn't do this, time and time again he complains, becomes frustrated, wants to change his life, then doesn't and each time there are virtually no repercussions. It might be interesting the first time, but lack of character development is a totally reasonable complaint to have about a story.
The show sabotages itself by not doing anything with its main character.

Try defending Bojack on its own merits and you can talk. Why can't any Bojack fans seem to do this or at least just admit it's a "fuck you, I liked it" show for them?

there are multitudes of studies that disagree with you
and the obvious fact that depressed people basically do exactly that, run away, hide, become nocturnal.

So what axiomatic thing do you disagree with? What do you think depression is? You just seem like you have schizoid personality disorder, which is basically like /r/atheism the personality disorder, where you have no actual intellectual substance but you want to appear to be intelligent.

This show is the opposite.

This show will take you through that dark tunnel into the light on the other side.

I've never seen that show, I just despise that line of reasoning. The other guy explained it better.

Also, I'm off my meds. And need lots of alcohol. It's all making me ornery.

>only I can be depressed because I'm more contrarian

BRAVO
A
V
O

This

>contrarian
I like how using this word is a sure sign the speaker has lost the argument.

>finishes seasons 3
Underwhelming tbqh

Literally kys

There's another one.

Everything after episode 1 was shit

He's right, though, it's just you giving up arguing and pretending that popularity = quality so you don't actually have to defend your opinion.

Not seen but agree with the sentiment. I think art that wants to show you a way out of depression is much more likely to be the result of a genuine struggle. Even gurann lagann has more to say about depression than bojack the horseman, which has absolutely nothing to say.