Artist/groups with Perfect discographies

Artist/groups with Perfect discographies

Rick James

Literally no musician has a perfect discography. Even ones I love.

Not even her. I hated medulla and a lot of fans didn't like Volta.

Hasn't slipped up yet

Medulla's my favorite but I don't care for Volta outside of Declare Independence.

Yeezy yeezy what' good

Portishead

808s and TLOP were mixed reception at best.

Visions.

i'll never understand bjork's appeal
her voice is like harsh noise to me. those icelandic english accents are fucking atrocious

>Kanye
>Death
>Jimi Hendrix Experience
>Velvet Underground

Dude's been slipping post-MBDTF, man. Not for lack of effort, just dodgy execution.

808s has gone on to be one of his most influential in retrospect even if reception was initially mixed. He was fine for his first 5 albums.

You poor cunt

>influential means good
Sure, pal.

Already talked about Kanye
GP is a contender for worst
Hendrixx I'll give you.
Squeeze.

This beautiful goat

Not talking about death grips you pleb, Im talking about the death metal band Death.

Literally nothing BUT bad albums.
Jeffery had a few good songs though, to be fair.

haha, well meme'd my friend

He hasn't dropped any album you dip

Wtf Visions isn't even bad it just has weird production because she made it on amphetamines

more like fucking arousing

Visions is tight

This guy who went to my school back in the day and dropped a demo 10 years ago.

You really gonna make me say it....?

What about artists that has had every album they've released met with critical acclaim? And i don't mean retroactive critical acclaim... has to be initial. Artist with like 2 albums don't count either

First to come to mind is LCD Soundsystem

I geuss u can't fuck up wats already fucked to begin with

t. Grimes

Life of pablo was pretty lacklusture

this fucking band right here

You didn't get it

Everything is either "great" to a "masterpiece"

you mean from the Bilinda Butcher era onwards, right?

Visions is her best album. This user is right Grimes did only great albums.

This unironically, Tin Machine was GOAT

Solex

they only released one album so this is cheating and I know it

s/t, Space Oddity, pin ups and most of his 80's output are garbage (minus a few songs here and there), considering the amount of music he had though it's insane how good it was

Wanderlust is easily the best track on Volta

>Space Oddity is garbage

beat off to that video of her explaining the inner workings of a tv and get back to me.

Kek

i think she existed in a state of slipping up before visions

The Velvet Underground had a perfect discography. Squeeze was only a velvet record in name.

Every single note grooves.

Speaking of Volta, i was thinking the Mars Volta has a pretty nice set of LP's

The six Beatles songs on Yellow Submarine range from good to perfect.

Joy Division

1/4 of the album is good but the rest sucks, literally nothing unique about it

correct

Cocteau Twins

>I hated medulla
Well that sounds like YOUR problem nigga
when will the "art angels is good" meme die
Their material pre-You Made Me Realise is atrocious

Everything they've done after the 80s is absolutely irrelevant
>what is Never Let Me Down
Everything they've done after the 70s is absolutely irrelevant

(Jimi)
(maybe)
(maybe)
Y E S
E
S

Dull Flames of Desire is where it's at.

i like how the title contains the word dull
describes the song and a lot of the album really well

best song on volta is "i see who you are"

(lmao)

Its Vertebræ by Vertebræ

>Hours
But most of his Discog was God Tier

Yes that includes presence and in through the out door. I dont count coda though because its technically a post breakup release, but even if it was included Id still stand by my point.

great singles. but couldn't put an album together to save themselves.

Kanye West only has a perfect discography in the sense that he's never made a good album.

Everything after The Works was lackluster as an album, honestly. Depending on your point of view, there's also Hot Space.

people have to stop the meme that CHURR' BOMB is bad

I'd agree if Cherry Bomb didn't exist, Flower Boy def made up for it though

Has anybody ever listened to his entire discography? I imagine it would get boring fast due to the amount of recycled tracks.

You know it's true.

Unwound

genesis

lol

>when will the "art angels is good" meme die
never. because it's not a meme, but the realiti.

>Calling all Stations
>We Can't Dance

Obviously Pink Floyd
From their 60's Psychodelic The Piper at the Gates of Dawn up to the dream like Division Bell

Ive been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that I didnt really understand any of their work, though on their last album of the 1970s, the concept-laden And Then There Were Three (a reference to band member Peter Gabriel, who left the group to start a lame solo career),I did enjoy the lovely Follow You,Follow Me. Otherwise all the albums before Duke seemed too artsy, too intelleotual. It was Duke , where Phil Collins presence became more apparent, and the music got more modern, the drum machine became more prevalent and the lyrics started getting less mystical and more specific , and complex, ambiguous studies of loss became, instead, smashing first-rate pop songs that I gratefully embraced.The songs themselves seemed arranged more around Collins drumming than Mike Rutherfords bass lines or Tony Banks keyboard riffs. A classic example of this is Misunderstanding, which not only was the groups first big hit of the eighties but also seemed to set the tone for the rest of theiralbums as the decade progressed. The other standout on Duke is Turn It On Again, which is about the negative effects of television. On the other hand, Heathaze is a song I just dont understand, while Please Dont Ask is a touching love song written to a separated wife who regains custody of the couples child. Has the negative aspect of divorce ever been rendered in more intimate terms by a rockn roll group? I dont think so. Duke Travels and Dukes End might mean something but since the lyrics arent printed its hard to tell what Collins is singing about, though there is complex, gorgeous piano work by Tony Banks on the latter track. The only bummer about Duke isAlone Tonight,which is way too reminiscent ofTonight Tonight Tonight from the groups later masterpiece Invisible Touch and the only example, really,of where Collins has plagiarized himself.

But the post-final cut stuff sucks

Ezzz Slowdive

I disagree, the final cut was ok but felt like roger waters attempt to make a third record disc for the wall. He's basically choking us with his "Buhoo my daddy died in WW2 and stuff" bullshit. Didn't you even remotely enjoy tracks like " Learning to fly" "Talk to me" "on The Turning Away" or "The Division Bell"

obviously she slipped up and slamemd face first into a curb before becoming a musician because damn she ugly

>Calling all Stations
I forgot that existed
>We Can't Dance
It's fine, apart from the title track

absolutely not

>Space Oddity
>garbage
consider suicide

New Order.
Jawbreaker.
The Replacements.

but muh fantano said its bad tho and i cannot form my own opinions

>when will the "art angels is good" meme die
When it stops being genuinely good. Which is never gonna happen since it's already been released/can no longer be changed from what it is.

Cherry Bomb has Smuckers which makes up for the rest of album being so lame.

>Everything they've done after the 80s is absolutely irrelevant
>Everything they've done after the 70s is absolutely irrelevant

nobody gives a shit about your stupid commercial rankings faggot

It had some good tracks but it was still kinda lackluster compared to Bastard and Wolf. Still better than Goblin though.

Radiohead, Arcade Fire was so close but they fucked themselves over

This is really the only true answer I can think of.
S/T is an 8, every album after that has been an easy 9/10.
James is so god damned consistent it makes me angry

Absolutely