Will we ever get a good AVP movie?

Will we ever get a good AVP movie?

I'm sure they'll keep trying. It's too good a concept to let go.

But is it really? The concept CAN be good, but IS it good? It's extremely difficult to get right. There are so many ways to fail and so difficult to get a good result. Aside from Cameron I can't think of anybody being able to write and direct an AVP movie that would turn out to be great.

What amazes me is that the first movie was sort of on the right track having a group of scientists getting caught in the middle, yet somehow someone thought making the second a shit teens slasher flick was best?

Yes it is. Conceptually is as entertaining as Vampires vs Werewolves.

Both it takes a lot of talent and effort to pull off it seems.

no humans

>the first movie was sort of on the right track
>not in the future
>not in space or on another planet
>no sci-fi
>PG-13
>shitty lore
>forgettable would be a compliment for those characters

Garbage through and through.

Just adapt the goddamn book, how hard is it?

Even has a strong Asian female lead role for them to cast, the liberals will love it

Don't forget how they capitalised on the whole Ancient Aliens angle, just because it was mainstream and popular at that point.

>not in the future
>not in space or on another planet
Ah yes like those other Predator movies set in the future or in Space.

Everyone who isn't a retard or a pleb knows that Alien is the better franchise with better lore and more potential. The right move would be to have the movie set in the Alien universe and then just add Predators.
Use space, use spaceships, use other planets. That's how you can build something awesome. Don't use Earth and some retarded ancient alien pyramid myths. What a load of bullshit.

>Let me move the goalpost

Carry on

Requiem at least had some great gore and a great narration jumping between the Pred tracking the predalien and the humans.

Too bad the actors were trash, the story was shit and the "finale" beyond retarded.

It even starts really well in the forest with the hunters.

No because AvP is the nu-heavymetal of movies. It's the sweaty, smelly, black band tshirt wearing, slipknot worshiping, pimple popping, chain wallet using, leather wristband collecting, obese or malnourished, black hair dying, makeup wearing faggots of movies.

It's for people who really really like the Resident Evil movie series.

How can people even like the first AvP? It has retarded people and preds and that god awful arc of the nigger "scientist" that gets to fight aliens alongside a predator.

The second one at least got the gore right and the pred was badass, yeah the teenager story got too long but it pays up when stacy gets randomly impaled to a wall with the giant shuriken.

I would like a movie based on the arcade videogame: giant infestation caused by WY in an american city, all seems lost but two preds come help our heroes (cyborg Dutch, could be T-101 prototype thus aliens vs pred vs terminator) and along the way they discover this massive conspiracy to weaponize aliens at the expense of earth.

But they're not making Predator sequels, now are they? They're adapting the Predator Vs Alien stories, which were mostly set in the Alien timeline.

>"scientist"

She was a rock-climbing adventurer brought in to keep the actual "scientists" safe.

And how the hell can you have a problem with an AvP adaptation having a character join up with the Predators? That shit was one of the more faithful parts.

because it was poorly done.

Yeah, but Sup Forums won't like it.

AVP 1 and 2 didn't work because there was no continuity regarding the human characters. If you want to build a universe or even just a great movie you need strong or at least memorable human characters. Take the Alien franchise. Ripley is the heart of the series. Aliens also had Hicks and Hudson and Vasquez and Newt which are memorable in their own way. Predator had Arnie. Now take the AVP movies. Can you name a single human character?
If they ever attempt to reboot AVP they need humans that will live through it and the sequels. Or at least one human. There has to be a protagonist who's the face of the series. That protagonist can die but only in the very last movie.

>Will we ever get a good AVP movie?
Only if Cameron does it. So no.

bump

I'm surprised they haven't tried to adapt Machiko Noguchi from the comics.

That's basically the first movie, which is my biggest gripe with it. Replace colony out in the fringes of space with Abandoned mining/whatever village out in the fringes of the arctic. Female lead is female lead, you even get a deuteragonist predator for the second half or so.

They should have just adapted it all the way instead of cherry picking things to change.

This looks cool so i must ask for more information.

How fucking retarded do you have to be as a writer/team of writers to not be able to make a cool movie featuring the fucking xenomorph and predator.

Seems legit since it had the same director.

Dyke-haired blonde chick who compared guns to condoms in AVP1. Don't remember her name but I thought she should have been the protagonist based on that line alone.

That's the latter/last part of her story.

First stuff was when Predators let loose the Xenomorphs on some world where humans have a colony. Incidentally, Machiko ends up teaming with one of the Predators, but only because the other ones got fucked up and he has no other option. Even so, he's pretty much all but dead when he marks her with his clan insignia. Then later on she joins up with his clan, who constantly treat her like shit and challenge her. Basically, any sort of fantasy life she might have thought to have with them doesn't happen. Then they set down to hunt some more humans and Xenomorphs and she decides she's had enough and turns on the Predators. Shit happens, they all die, she lives.

The last part of her story, Three World War, is when there's a new clan of Predators, called the Killers, who basically tamed the Xenomorphs somehow and are using them as a weapon to kill literally everyone and not just "worthy prey", which is disgusting to regular Predators. So the Colonial Marines get her to get regular Predators to team up with them and hunt the Killers.

this all sounds awful and you should kill yourself for liking it.

Well shit. Now i gotta read that.

Now i understand everyone's disapointment with the movies.

No, it doesn't really make sense. Alien is in the future, Predator isn't. Not that its a big deal or shouldn't exist for that reason, more because its been attempted and failed too many times to deserve another chance. Not a cool enough concept to just keep retrying. Inexplicably there is also a million AvP video games if you just want more.

It's genuinely a neat kind of read.

Better than what you'd expect from AvP if you've only ever watched the films.

Best Alien game, Sup Forums?

the fuck they didn't adapt the AvP PC games, I don't know
>literally predators introduced to the Alien setting
>literally Alien vs Predator vs Marine

Alien Isolation, its literally not even a contest. The two DLCs that recreate the movie alone are better than the mountains of Alien shovelware.

Not until they stop fucking around and do one with Colonial Marines. The Aliens Vs Predator game from 06 is by far superior to the movies.

Well games are the best thing we will get for AvP.
I would say don't get your hopes high after Prometheus since also we cannot get Sigourney and Arnold back in the movie