Is Swans worth getting into?

Is Swans worth getting into?

yes

More worth getting into than the Residents.
Just a bunch of fucking noise.

why are they praised so much lol

it's just a bunch of noise

yes they are definitely worth getting into, one of the best bands out there

What a retarted question

Yes, they're very consistent with solid releases. Their early work is a ton different from the new releases though

ya if you like listening to people older than your dad

Yeah if you want this kind of gf

Not the gay early works and not the gay tedious current-day sonic explorations
1987-1999 was GOAT

it's so weird seeing someone you know posted on Sup Forums

pleb, Rest Aria is a masterpiece

They have so many different phases of good material that they probably have SOMETHING that would appeal to you, idunno, depends on what you like.

>fake swans tee

no thanks. she looks like her pussy smells like a Hot Topic changeroom.

Yep. Their 7-album streak from Holy Money to Soundtracks for the Blind is consistently fantastic in my opinion. I don't enjoy their other albums nearly as much, but the majority of people seem to really love their post-reunion stuff. Gira's side project Angels of Light is definitely worth listening too as well.

Im older than my dad

Just listen to The Seer and To Be Kind, then if you like that maybe listen to Great Anihilator or Children or God and if you like that, well, listen to all their fucking music and if you like that then you have a whole shitfuckton of bands like swans who also rock and SHIT THERE YA GO YOU ARE NOW A PATRICIAN !

nah

post-2010 Swans are shite tho

TBK was solid post-rock/post-Glenn Branca

Buts that's just not right
Even Gira said the Trilogy was his best work

Bump

fucking yes

I just listened to Filth for the first time after putting it off for so long.

Thanks for reminding me OP and you should def give them a listen.

Hey guys I'm 17 years and 305 days old, could you issue me a 60 day ban please thanks.

Yes, they have such a diverse discography it's hard not to find something you like

Depends. I find a lot of their stuff to be unlistenable if you're not in the "mood" for it. Definitely an interesting band nonetheless. If you're not already used to noise and want more "accessibility" then listen to their newer projects, and stay away from Filth, Cop, Holy Money etc.

>listening to their 2 hour behemoths for accessibility
>not recommending their post-punk era for that

The run of records from Children of God to The Great Annihilator is as accessible as Swans ever got.

I heard about all that jazz stuff, it's just noise man.

ayy, lmao.same.

gonna see them at berghain soon

this will cement their place as my fav musical memery

a.k.a hack minimalism a.k.a not worth listening to

The Residents are legitimate geniuses. granted, it's hit or miss, but that music is incredible

a.k.a kys pleb

I mean pretty much this but that's rude desu

Could i get her name? Im asking for my dick

the real ones shit I thought it'd take up the whole shirt like hers but the teeth and swans are really tiny at the top

she makes me flex my muscles

I've really enjoyed their late work, especially the three last albums, SFTB and White Light C..., their first albums though not so much, the industrial sound I mean. Maybe you'll like them, just try it user. If you want to try industrial listen to Filth. If you want some post-rock/noise rock or experimental listen to To Be Kind, if you want something like To Be Kind but dark listen to The Seer and if you're into super experimental stuff SFTB is what you want. Have fun user.