Was he the thing

was he the thing

Other urls found in this thread:

clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he was a thang

no, macready was

If either one wasn't, they're be better served setting themselves both on fire to be absolutely sure.

yes
clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

the thing knows it's the thing goddamn we've been over this Sup Forums

no because he didnt violently react to the alcohol

I like this theory the most. I also heard that the script says mac has a weapon under his coat.

this is authentically great

Fpbp

WE WUZ THANGS N SHEEIT

Another theory suggests he didn't realize he was accidentally drinking a molotov cocktail, thus being the thing.

It's not a theory. It's a meme. A stupid meme.

>everything I don't agree with is a meme
Calm down son, your autism is showing. All I said there's another theory countering your theory.

My theory is Carpenter left it exactly 50% whether he was the thing on purpose. He made it as ambiguous as possible.

>All I said there's another theory countering your theory.
That was my first post ITT, and molotov meme is retarded. The Thing absorbs the wealth of human (and alien) knowledge when it assimilates. That's how it knows how to craft a small UFO, that's how it knows English. If Childs knew the difference between booze and kerosene, which Childs knew, Childs-thing would know it too.

I actually like the ambiguity myself, really adds to the movie.

No. Childs was a replicant. MacReady was the Thing.

Child was human because he had an earring.

>I will have to rape it into them.

I got goosebumps

>John Carpenters The Thing

None of them were the thing because the thing didn't exist. They were all suffering from cabin fever and went crazy killing each other.

Along with this, a lot of people regard the lack of clearly visible exhalation as proof that Childs was the thing. I don;t know why so many people latch onto this. When the thing was attempting to imitate Bennings, the thing had a clearly visible breath when it screamed.