Mad Men ended over a year ago

>Mad Men ended over a year ago
>Breaking Bad ended 3 years ago
>L O S T ended 6 years ago
>Sopranos ended 10 years ago
>Game of Thrones only has one season left.

Is the era of good television coming to an end?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Age_of_Television_(2000s–present)
youtube.com/watch?v=In42LG4VKEI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. The reason television seriously took off starting with the Sopranos is because they have to compete with services like Netflix and YouTube. Cable television had to seriously step its game up to stay relevant. And they will continue to do so, new shows will start.

>including game of thrones
>including breaking bad

those are shitty shows, wire and deadwood>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

you were doing ok and then you added game of reddit, kys

>The Knick ended
>The Leftovers ending

(You)

>rectify is ending
>Fargo may end after s3
>Americans is almost over

Those were the only shows worth watching, tv is going to suck

You mean high quality shows like TWD and House? Yeah I don't think they really stepped their game up

>putting GoT, BrBa and Lost on the same level as Mad Men and The Sopranos

Kill yourself

Not with Star Trek: Discovery on the way next year. :

TWD is dogshit. House is low-key kino.

There are good shows out now and coming next year you dumb faggot frog

Twin Peaks is coming back

>le sick guy
>is mystery
>better break into his house
>House connects the dots and cures him again

there now you don't have to watch like the first 5 seasons

Are the Americans and The Leftovers any good? Those are the only two shows airing right now Sup Forums ever recommends

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Age_of_Television_(2000s–present)

The streaming services have ensured us a larger amount of good content but it isn't arguable 10/10 stuff but more of a dependable bunch of 8/10s with a few 9s. Even less if you wanna be autistic about it

It's more about the era in time they came out.

This

> Banshee is over
> newest South Park season is mostly shit
> Californication ended with the worst season of tv ever

>implying anyone gives a fuck about the case-of-the-week

Oh wow you noticed a pattern in a procedural series. Good job, sport.

The reason it's good is because of the character interactions. Apart from the occasional heavy-handed topic pushing, it's a well written show.

>Not with Star Trek: Discovery on the way
did you miss the news about fuller quitting and getting replaced with akiva goldsman?

it'll work even less than when the x-files came back

>Is the era of good television coming to an end?

Not a chance, it's only just beginning.

>True Detective never coming back
>Rick and Morty S2 was just okay and S3 will almost certainly be shit
>Mr. Robot went to shit
>nothing happens on Better Call Saul

The only things I have to look forward to are Fargo and Planet Earth.

>>Game of Thrones only has one season left.

So Sup Forums is still contrarian about Breaking Bad, huh

Glad to see you never changed

>did you miss the news about fuller quitting and getting replaced with akiva goldsman?

my smile and optimism. gone.

t. Butthurt plebbitor

The contrarianism is created because of the constant dick sucking of a very good but not great show much like game of thrones.

The newest season of southpark actually talked about this.

Fargo season 3 is coming up. Not sure if True Detective will get a third season.

He didn't quit. He's still involved with the show, he just isn't show runner anymore.

>Implying subscription TV isn't ushering in a new era of Amazon Prime vs Netflix Original Series Wars.

Which episode?
Also do they name GoT or BB?

>Netflix
>good
Pick one

>Game of Thrones is good television
maybe the first four seasons

Breaking Bad has zero rewatch value. Its only draw is "I wonder what intense shit is going to go down next".

On a first watch it's an entertaining show. But in the grand scheme of things shows like Mad Men, The Wire and The Sopranos are about 10 billion lightyears ahead of it.

HBO alone will keep television alive for at least a decade, then other channels will be forced to put out quality to stay relevant. Television is only going to get better

>including game of thrones on that list

GoT has 2 seasons left.

Yeah, I'm sure you watched The Wire while it was airing.

Not everyone here is 17.

>The progessive left these days ensure that Boston Legal will never come back.

Why live

Westworld is great
Quarry is great
Netflix does OK things sometimes

I don't know about anything else though

GoT has 2 years left, cutting a season in half doesn't suddenly make it 2 seasons

It's a procedural sure but if you pay attention to the characters the writing is top notch

>mad men
>good

its boring and only watchable to girls who want to watch people in period clothes

What's Quarry like?

I thought Game of Thrones has two seasons left, did I miss something?

>Dexter ended 3 years ago

>Westworld has atleast 6 seasons left
>Walking Dead will go on forever

The Leftovers is frustrating to get into but the second season is GOAT, you have to watch the first season though. It's good it's just frustrating because it follows the book instead of doing it's own thing.

I'm only on season 2 of the americans and it wildly varies in quality, it's ALMOST a procedural because the spy shit they do is kind of arbitrary and irrelevant most of the time. Sometimes the character stuff is fucking amazing and near mad men in terms of writing, but most of the time it's slightly better than a soap opera tbqh. Maybe it gets better, but I don't know.

boring

walking dead is awful, it's the equivalent of a popcorn movie for television

>worst season of TV ever

You clearly didn't watch the final season of Dexter desu. It was like an SNL parody of the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=In42LG4VKEI

neither. They talk about how when a group of people like something on the internet they circle jerk it so hard a new group is created that hates those people.

>no longer have time to watch epic long shows
JUST

??? Even if he didn't I don't see how thats relevant at all you faggot

Don't discuss TV shows ever again.

I'm with him, to be honest. I quit mid season 2 when big tough Draper turned out to be a crying bitch and nothing else of any mention had happened. Even the writers had said "it deliberately hasn't poicked up yet". After 3 seasons? No.

Why do YOU like it, user?

Walking dead was good the first few seasons. The problem is that pretty much every season since the 3rd has been the same thing

>They travel, fight a bunch of zombies because they are looking for a safe place
>They find the safe place and it looks like they can stay
>Some asshole comes along and fucks it all up
>Maybe a character you like dies
>Repeat forever

The only interesting storyline since they settled into that groove was the liar who got them to goto northern VA. It made it seem like they were going to get more answers as to why it happened and possibly solve it, as opposed to just surviving in the new normal of zombieland

TWIN PEAKS
W
I
N

P
E
A
K
S

Based Lynch is going to save television

>Westworld just started

>>L O S T ended 6 years ago

>It's a survivors find a safe place that turns out to be not so safe season again

Would you still consider them shitty if they hadn't gotten as popular as they got?

>putting Mad Men on the same level as The Sopranos

don't have opinions again

>I quit mid season 2 when big tough Draper turned out to be a crying bitch

Oh no, a character shows nuance! That must have been traumatizing for you.

>Why do YOU like it, user?

Because the characters feel like real people and the writers don't treat the audience like a bunch of mouthbreathing mongoloids who need to be spoonfed everything through exposition

Apart from The Sopranos having more violence they are the exact same fucking show.

>>Mad Men ended over a year ago
>>Breaking Bad ended 3 years ago
>>L O S T ended 6 years ago
>>Sopranos ended 10 years ago
>>Game of Thrones only has one season left.
All those shows are awful except for The Sopranos.

Stop putting Mad Men on the same level as The Wire and The Sopranos... redditor.

I think you and I have a completely different definition of nuance, chief. DOn't get so defensive of your overrated show.

I'll meet you half way with

>Because the characters feel like real people

since each and every one of them was boring and two dimensional...exactly like real people on the whole. Glad you enjoyed it though. Someone had to.

see

>unable to form an argument on why "Nothing: the show" isnt trash

its a shit show and you cant argue otherwise

le im a le grown up because i le watch le grown ups le go to work and go home to le boring family

Stranger things has a lot of seasons to go hopefully!

dumb frogposter

So you're saying it has great storytelling.

And not having rewatch-value doesn't make it bad.

>these are the kind of mentally deficient niggers I spend every day arguing with about films

Things are starting to make a lot more sense now.

Mad Men is good for the exact reasons The Sopranos is good, it's a long-form character study about real people, their psychology and their environment. Both of those shows are timeless because they're examining the human experience. Shit shows like GoT and BrBa will be mostly forgotten in a decade because they're plot-driven.

>So you're saying it has great storytelling.

No. People get addicted to all kinds of shit shows just because they need to know what happens.

>And not having rewatch-value doesn't make it bad.

It's not the only metric to consider but it's a significant one.

>Both of those shows are timeless because they're examining the human experience

>Tony Soprano is human

user, please

>le mortal soul meme
kys then suffer, satanist.

>he unironically thinks BrBa will be forgotten before mad men

my dude I prefer mad men and still know that this is fucking wrong. are you stupid?

You're trolling right? I mean you didn't compare that soap opera for fedoras with The Wire and The Sopranos for real right? haha

Maybe not in the public consciousness but 50 years from now when people who know what they're talking about are making a ranking of best TV shows ever Mad Men is going to exceed Breaking Bad by miles

ebin post, just ebin

Yes, they would still be bad shows, wire and sopranos are popular and I think they're are incredible

TWD is shit, but it's still better than any television series from the 90s or earlier. TV didn't start getting "good" until very recently.

Breaking Bad isn't shit, but it's far from the same level as Mad Men and Sopranos. GoT really has been shit after the first season though.

There's also going to be a Muslim crew member.

>involved
>executive producer

Lol

>Is the era of good television coming to an end?
When did it start?

>Putting Game Of Shit on that list
>No Leftovers, Deadwood or The Wire

Never post again you shit.

>True Detective was started 2 years ago
>Fargo started 2 years ago
>Better Call Saul started 1 year ago
>Westworld started 4 weeks ago

Nah we still good senpai.

True Detective fell from grace very hard

No it didn't. Season 2 was still very good.

House is network and was actually good the first few seasons. TWD has always been shit though.

The Americans gets better, don't worry