Tell me Sup Forums, do you play an instrument/create music? Or do you just listen to it?

Tell me Sup Forums, do you play an instrument/create music? Or do you just listen to it?

I currently play bass in a band in the small town I live in and am learning the piano.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/tempered_temper/drowning
m.soundcloud.com/duxden
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i fantasize that the music i listen, i actually made it myself

i try to but i suck at it really fucking bad
soundcloud.com/tempered_temper/drowning

i think i'm going to just listen from now on. i have a few guitars to sell now.

>bass
lmao ok reddit

I play the guitar but there isn't really a music scene near me so I can't form a band. I hate living in Michigan.

Hey fuck you we need bassists to make us guitarists look more badass by comparison

I unironically like Yngwie as a person.

I play guitar mostly, sometimes i play bass.
started learning how to drum recently so that's been fun.
wish I could join a band but noone around to really get with where I live.

Piano and guitar. I can play some Satie on piano, a couple Nick Drake songs and Biblical Violence by Hella on guitar, but I'm quite slow to learn.
I do this sometimes.

i sing play guitar, bass, piano and drums

Ye i make edm.
m.soundcloud.com/duxden

this

fuck the bass STICK WITH PIANO YOU;LL BECOME A MUSICAL GODDDD

How do I get into writing music

Yeah, I play a lot of jazz music and rock music of some form. I mainly play guitar, though I play a small amount of drums, flute, violin, bass and keyboards. I compose music a lot of the time, mainly classical pieces, sonatas, all that shit, don't have an orchestra to play it though so it just sits around.

The same as getting into anything, by forming a passion for it and dedicating time to it.

i play guitar, bass and piano. i like singing even though im terrible at it
and i also do this

I play bass guitar, mandolin, guitar, keyboards, lute, banjo, and upright bass. I also compose and arrange music. Sometimes I produce too. It's pretty fun. Here's an awkward photo of me playing a Renaissance lute piece on a mandolin during a concert in high school.

Jesus fucking christ Biblical Violence you're a fucking hero, next you're going to learn roundabout aren't you?

Every "scene" in Michigan sucks. I went to show and I swear to god it was just breakdowns over and over and over and over. All the bands sounded exactly the same.

> composing the piano for a while
> I have a SC but barely upload shit

If you want any tips or have any questions piano related, feel free to ask (I'm bored)

I finally decided to buy an electric guitar a couple of months ago as my first instrument. I love music, have done so almost 2 decades, but I always thought I wouldn't have the talent for it. Probably some retarded autistic inferiority complex. Now I'm 27 and somehow I got redpilled during the last couple of years (probably due to copious amounts of weed) and realized that if humans in general are capable of making music, than so am I. So I said fuck it and went for it. It's fucking great being able to do it myself, even though I've just set my first baby steps. Did the justinguitar beginner course and I already feel like I learned so much. Now working on his intermediate foundation course (although I kinda feel like I lost focus a bit and am making slower progress)

I understand the feel. Massachusetts isn't any better unless you live in the Boston area. Every where else is just 60 year old blues bands or shitty metelcore stuff.

Focus, faggot. I know a lot of people like to shit on Rocksmith, but I suggest you get it just to help keep you interested

Don't smoke while you learn much user, learn the shit and then get high to reward yourself. Then jam, jamming random shit while high is great fun.

When I started to want play on guitar I was fan of Nirvana, Ramones and another garage band, so when I just picked up guitar I already played like them and thought that Im genius. This has changed when i began to listen jazz

>they play exhausted generic pop instruments that everyone and their mother plays
you're good.

Guitar
Bass
Piano
Drums
Trombone
Saxophone
Clarinet
Tuba
Banjo
Mandolin
Upright bass
Violin
Harmonica
Probably some that I'm forgetting

Yeah I got it because of that. Haven't really gotten into it though. It's very different from just playing guitar. Concept is cool and it's a nice supplement though.
weed is good for you user, I smoke every day and I'm soon getting my masters degree in CS with a 4.0 GPA, not even lying
I know I'm shit and I can't play anything very well, but even simply cranking up the fuzz and hearing my guitar roar is so fucking satisfying.