Elon is going to take our jobs

Elon Musk announces plan to revolutionize factories

>He already upset the traditional automobile industry with his electric cars and the space exploration business with his reusable Space X rockets, Tesla Motors Chief Executive Elon Musk will now set about trying to revolutionize the American factory.

>In a freewheeling talk before shareholders Tuesday, Musk said he and his Tesla team will completely rethink the factory process, hoping to bring “factors of 10 or even 100 times” in improvements in efficiency to the manner in which “you build the machines that build the machine.”

>Musk, returning repeatedly to the idea of “physics-first principles,” said he no longer uses an office at Tesla, but spends all of his time on the production line.

>That exercise has shown him methods by which production capacity could be increased exponentially, he said, by applying those principles.

>“The most important point I want to make is … that we’ve realized that the true difficulty and where the greatest potential lies is in building the factory,” Musk said.

>Charging the world's best automotive factories with using outmoded and inefficient systems, Musk said, “We can make dramatic improvements to the machine that makes the machine. A lot of people will not believe us about this, but I am absolutely convinced this can be accomplished.

latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-tesla-shareholders-20160531-snap-story.html

This is basically corporate talk for "Im going to improve efficiency by making better machines that will do 100 times what a human can do" and replace all human jobs with Robots.
Pol may look down on Elon as a personification of the liberal green tea sipping nature loving silicon valley capitalist, but one thing he has proved to us all is that whatever goal he has set out to do, he succeeds.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html
watchdog.org/230562/telsa-cap-and-trade/
youtube.com/watch?v=h7u7YF8rr-A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>working in a factory

deserve it

Maybe Apples of Eden really exist.. Either that or he's been fed information by his masters to control technology growth.

Lek. You think hes going to just stop at factories?
You do realise he is a software engineer at heart.

>with his reusable Space X rockets
Which haven't been reused even once yet.

Elon Musk: Dragging Humanity Kicking and Screaming into the Future

Twice this month I think.

the only thing this retard will revolutionize is faggotry

Landed != Reused.

Check the pic, with this kind of damage after landing - you won't reuse shit without atleast a major factory overhaul.

Good, it's the current fucking year, we don't need jobs any more.

Most jobs that exist today could easily be done away with.

Industrial engineer who used to work at a major auto manufacturer here. Stop being so fucking tinfoil about this. This is a great thing, it will make UAW fucking cry. I wouldn't be surprised if there are laws that will be created to protect people's jobs though. Manufacturing plants in the US support whole regional economies. Reducing labor will destroy small towns centered around manufacturing jobs , but looks like this won't be widespread for another 20 years atleast.

There is not much we can do about it, you can't stop technological progress, just delay it.
By the way the biggest sufferers would be countries like China, the western world already lost most of its industry.

The funniest part is that Africa won't even experience industrialization one time in its history.

whole point of landing them was to save the turbo pumps and ignition mechanisms and other complex shit, Repairs are significantly cheaper to do than to make an entirely new one

Time for basic income desu

Yeah, about that..

See the liquefied remains of the central engine?

I'm resistant to the idea but I guess in a long term play of how a civilization progresses along with technology , that might be a very real thing. I think it's very dangerous though in ways that we can't predict yet. Maybe I'm just pessimistic

There's plenty of pitfalls to consider but I can't see any reasonable alternative to it really.

If millions of plebs are suddenly without a source of income they're not just going to sit down and starve quietly.

I think he said twice this month because launches with used rocket are actually planned in June.

This is pretty fucking tin foil but it's a fun morning coffee thought. What if governments around the world realize this and create some kind of war/disease to kill off a majority of the workless population therefore freeing up alot of resources that would have been used for basic income.

>biggest welfare queen after NASA is going to do anything
No, he isn't. He's a fucking fail leeching government money to stuff his pockets.
latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html
watchdog.org/230562/telsa-cap-and-trade/

>free cash flow
>relevant metric for a young company
You should take finance class instead of claiming you know something.

Big business needs consumers to push their products to though. If you kill off most people you kill off most business. They would probably be in favour of basic income ultimately. People would be turned into consumer livestock basically, much as we are now but with less bullshit jobs to distract us, just pure 24/7 consumption.

People on welfare are already great consumers. More affluent people tend to stack their money but people with little income tend to spend it all every month. For a market economy 1000 people who get a 1000 dollars every month is more attractive than one person that gets a million, since he wouldn't have incentive to spend it all.

Not to mention that basic income will actually be cheaper than what most first world countries have now. You can abolish the whole bureaucratic nightmare of welfare, foodstamps, childrens benefits, disability, unemployment et cetera. Giving everyone free money will probably see money.

Definitely not a welfare queen, yeah.

Good prediction . Time to invest in consumer markets then.

Many successful,companies didnt make a profit for the first few years.

You're an idiot.

Musk is really trying his best to advance technology as a workaround of the infrastructural problem of niggers. If we could just get rid of them, his pursuits could be so much more easily achieved.

that's not damage though, it's dirt that can be interpreted as shadow. there are no holes/scratches in this picture. on a closer look you can easily see it.

I wish someone would just kill this entitled prick already. Tired of hearing about the welfare parasite and what new fancy toy he's spent far too much money on, but has no practical application, to impress the dumb goyim.

>the future is massive unemployment and a massive drain on social services
>OY VEY, BUT MUH EFFEICIENCY GOY!

People like you should be gassed. It's less efficient to pay people not to work

Elon is based. He is helping us NEETS get basic income by getting everyone who does work laid off. Fucking love him.

>Making excuses for a literal welfare parasite
Remember, goyim! You're only allowed to hate the small welfare parasites we tell you to! Never direct your anger against the people actually fucking you in the ass.

>implying /leftypol/ doesnt like it up the ass

As far as I'm concerned we're just early adapters.

Maybe I'll give NEET workshops to normies to help them out once they all have to learn to live without the distraction of a job.

I work at a factory but our machines are from the 804 and 90s

Elon is a total PR fag just like Steve Jobs and most of his income comes from wow-ing government departments into bleeding all their bux into his zany new schemes which always underperform.

He's not total cancer, but he's not a God Emperor from what I've seen. Only Peter Thiel so far fits the description. Also I'm pretty sure Elon also went to the Wharton School of Finance just like Trump did, so he must be pretty good.

Why do people hate Musk? He is creating an amazing future, rockets, mass transit, electric cars. His wife is a qt too.

Cash Flow =/= Revenue, gross or net.

PR fags are necessary though. If all techfags were Richard Stallmans nothing would ever happen.

If any Jew can do it, its this jew.

I think you would rather make a new one than repair it right?

Kinda thought of it too

>people actually being against progress

fuck everything we need to move forward all hail musk

Lambright predicted this.

youtube.com/watch?v=h7u7YF8rr-A

time to get a job in that robot factory

Sup Forums is prepared to forget all that just because he is a fan of renewable energy.

Actually.

If Musk revolutionizes factories, lowering the need for workers, whilst making space travel cheaper and much easier.
I'd see us colonizing our neighbouring planets relatively soon, effectively offloading a large portion of our population to other planets, solving our overpopulation problem in a matter of 100 years.

Africa will be cordoned off, with the exception of south africa, and the rest of the world will reach into the great beyond, most likely finding treasure you couldn't dream of.

So much 3he it could power earth for millennia, so much iron and gold it will make their value plummet to scrap metal.
It's going to be a rollercoaster of great discovery and economical up and downswing.

space is the future gentlemen, it's our next voyage to explore.

He is a south african, of course he is trying to take niggers out of the equation. He doesn't bother using broken things.

we can move certain ethnic groups to the moon or even the sun!

Is it possible to be a white South-African and not be redpilled?

>Is it possible to be a white South-African and not be redpilled?
no.
Reality is the biggest redpill in existence, you can't evade it, because it will come around and you will have to face it again, no amount of 'looking away' is going to stop people from realizing that dark reality.

Yes, some white people that fuck and marry niggers but 99% of those are south african brits. In america and such the new generation of children think its cool to leftist and "coexist" and such. White south african kids grow up the opposite of that.

You get the occasional oddball but lile the saying goes, fucking female kaffers is like riding a scooter, all fun and games until your friends find out.

Working sucks, bring on my robot manufacturing.

Couple that with a change in monetary policy and you can have a society of highly productive automation and a happy very upper middle class that does nothing, with a lower upper class that works a few hours a week.

The wealthy keep being wealthy but the average person is now 3 or 4 times more wealthy.

>but one thing he has proved to us all is that whatever goal he has set out to do, he succeeds.
The only thing he has proved is his cunning in getting fat government subsidies for his businesses.

He's a devious snake oil salesman. The automotive Steve Jobs, but his products are worse and his fans more insufferable. He is only in business because the US govt naively subsidizes his lithium habit to the tune of billions. Electric cars are, and will continue to be a gimmick until the energy density of batteries is equal to or better than fossil fuels.
>Our most affordable car yet, Model 3 achieves 215 miles of range
It's a toy.

Hes not even close to steve jobs.

He actually sells shit thats different than the competition and doesn't inflate the price 10× for name recognition alone.

>implying Amazon hasn't done me more good than every single welfare nigger on the planet combined

>damage
but that's not damage, that's literally just soot residue

pic related is REAL damage

The only overpopulation problem is in Africa

I made that comparison based on him being a technological messiah in the media.
>He actually sells shit thats different than the competition
But he doesn't. All the big manufacturers have been working on EVs for decades. He doesn't have anything special that BMW or Mercedes can't match at a fraction of the production costs. They aren't selling them en masse because the demand for an inferior machine just isn't there.

>wasting time on this shit when he could be making lolibots