Are we living in a computer simulation ?

Are we living in a computer simulation ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jrXGfK5I_rU
youtube.com/watch?v=ucpWlqKOWQs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who wants to know?

No we are living in a quantum simulation.

There is no known way to answer that question.

Possibly

find a bug, that would prove it

You would have to be able to prove that it was a bug.

i was just sitting outside one day and just looking at the sky and clouds,,i swear on my life that a part of the sky glitched for a split second...no one believes me

No one should believe you.

There's like a million of those facebook-tier trashemes with a caption over them that says something like "god, i found a bug" and there's a picture of an all red rubick's cube or something.
I'd say that's proof enough.

well. i believe me, iknow what i saw

ayy lmao
You shouldn't believe you.

>my brain is more foolproof than the simulation running the entire universe

Odd that no human in history has ever reported similar glitches

I strongly believe that we live in a computer sim. Last time i touched some water and it was unbelievable hot! I touched it again and it was normal. How? Sometimes suddenly i mind my business and then boom i collapse and become unconcious waking up 30 miles in a different place. Explain

Go see a doctor.

This happened to me when I was playing baseball in elementary school. No use in telling people though

yeeeeeah man i get whatcha mean sometimes i smoke weed too

Sim theory is just religion for hipsters and fedorables

there are many you twat..also most of the mentally ill are clitches.they ssee things as thet really are

i belive you fam

Doesn't really matter so long as action create reactions.

Is that why there is a sudden increase of Flat-earthers? Are they here to test our intelligence

arguably our brain is a computer generating a reality quite different from any external reality.

This what bothers me the most. And no bullshit now. We all know about dejavus right? So recently i get them way too frequent but here comes the thing. Not only i feel like i have seen this before, no, i know and can actually predict what will happen in the next few seconds.

Hows that?

You're just retarded. It's okay.

Well what happen. I've had deja a lot in life. Talking weekly at one point now a couple times a month. Oh I forgot drugs will fuck you up also

Write down significant events before they occur and see if you are consistently predicting them.

Honestly I think human lives are just reoccurred echoes in space time and infinite doesn't exist so at some point moments of time overlap. Just like getting along with someone or when you walk in a house and know where everything is.

it's just a little schizophrenia. you'll want to avoid being in the same room with a psychiatrist because they'll diagnose the fuck out of you and then you'll be a schizophrenic. you don't want that do you?

/thread

It happened to me a lot telling you. I learn to not say anything and watch. The more you bring it up the more people that you tell I swear they must be fixing the program. I have few of them now. Don't answer this and move on. Don't let them know. Someone has to escape this nightmare.

deja vu means that they didnt erase your hard drive good enough before the re birthed you

I think this is the most likely explanation.

Think about it: have you ever noticed there are these odd limitations in our universe? For example, the Planck length; observing anything smaller would require a microscope so powerful it would create a black hole. Or that the Milky Way galaxy is not part of a galaxy cluster (unlike 99.999% of galaxies) meaning its virtually certain we will never know much about any galaxy besides our own or Andromeda. Or, the closer we get to discovering the origins of the universe we get something like this: youtu.be/jrXGfK5I_rU

These all seem like odd limitations to me. Things that keep us from understanding or seeing the universe beyond a certain level. Perhaps because it would either cause a glitch in the matrix, so to speak, or because it would require too much processing power.

No what do you mean. Must be seeing things that are not real. I'm off to /x/ to talk about bigfoot

i think we are, yes. the interesting question is who created it? if humanity did, we are likely part of an ancestor simulation and we are all people that wanted to experience the savage world of the early 21st century (decline of the american empire).

i've seen things that appeared to be glitches.

>car in front of me becomes pixelated for a split second
>another time my phone does the same thing
>standing in the back yard, a black square ("shadow") pops into existence and starts shuddering, as if it's trying to manifest something
>the dog was growling and staring at the exact same spot so i know i didn't imagine it

youtube.com/watch?v=ucpWlqKOWQs

>ITT: People who don't understand how memory works

Dudes if it's a sim it's been made by something. And this something must be completly abstract and intangible, so why even start thinking about that. I mean the universe might be a giant dildo for alien gods, I don't care, we don't even know how the universe works at a small scale. It's pointless as fuck, it's like asking yourself "what is life ?". Or "what is the universe". It's a false debate, we could make observations, experiments, calculations to have a clearer vision, instead of this intellectual musturbation.

Did you notice that you undergo more of these "deja vu" when you lack speep ? It's because it's a neurological shit. Stop making retarded theories because you've seen The Matrix.

God trips of truth.

this

Most anons in this thread see the thought of us living in a simulation as a joke.
I don't.
Faggots, the more you think about it, the more you "believe" in it. I'm not a cultfag or naive piece of shit, just been making up my mind and couldn't find anything that disproves the possibility of being a simulation.
Humans tend to see themselves as special and to disrespect ideas they're not comfortable with at the first glance.
It's very likely that we're not that special after all.
I'm not telling you I'm some kind of highly intellectual faggot but looking at the posts in this thread, I doubt any of you were able to just fucking think about that topic for more than one minute.

This, mostly

But it's that damn black spot, popping up and shuddering around. My dog brought it to my attention. It was there for about 20 seconds, and I was honestly too scared to move. It was across the room from me, maybe 15 feet away

A student in another universe has created our universe. 1000 years for us is like 1 minute for him.

Are you sure the shadow wasn't someone you know who was foolin you?

Good post.
I've been asking myself about possible explanations regarding why we are able to think about what created us but my only answer was that, no matter what we do, we can't escape our universe or delete it. Take a look at let's say The Sims: they are living in the same dimension as we are, they can look around themselves, see the ground, the sky, anything that exists in their world. But they can't see us although we can move the camera wherever we want. Even if we programmed them so they could ask questions about their world - we could even give them the answers - they would never be able to escape because only their creators know their matrix and in the end they're just a few figures behind a screen.

Shit, that was a long explanation. With your limitations I've got a new view on that, thanks.

Yep, part of a simulation. The person who made its name is GOD

i really don't see how that would be possible. i was the only one in the backyard besides the dog.

This thread wasn't made to find a definite answer. All OP asked for were opinions and perhaps discussions.

Did you look in the direction where the object could be and try to find it?
Or was the sun behind some clounds?
You ever saw it again, the square?
A bummer we can't talk to animals.

>early 21st century
This is another thing; of all the times in human history to be born, with millions of years of hunter-gathering, we were all born not only at a time when we humans are highly civilized but I, like many of you were born at the dawn of the internet. Not to mention you could just as be born as a dog, or a bird, or a mosquito, or a bacteria, a plant or a skin cell. Fuck even another person in some shitty third-world country with a club foot; or even another being on some other planet in another galaxy. I mean, fuck what are the odds?

there's a second-floor deck in the backyard, the square (which was only a couple of feet wide) appeared under that. there were no lights or anything that could have produced it.

>A bummer we can't talk to animals.

i know.

it's really insane when you take a minute to think about it. this seems to suggest fate, or a higher plan, or... something.

nah, you're just being a bit pompous.
Almost everyone I've seen talk about this topic agrees that it's totally a possibility that we're living in a simulation, you're not special. Yes, there's no proof against it, but just the same, there's no proof for it either. It's one of many
undisprovable theories about the universe.
Also what anons are laughing at are the other anons who are claiming to see glitches in this simulation.

Prove it

i believe you, it happens to me when I'm in my room and I swear I see a quick white crack in reality flash for just a second on the wall

Did strange things occur / appearing shadows outta nowhere happen in the past in your neigbourhood?
Have you talked to anyone about this?

I don't know where the autism ends and the schizophrenia begins ITT

I kinda hate that reasoning of "what are the chances of me being born at exactly this time".
Yes, if you look at the universe and how it started and how it works, then the chance is 0. But that's because you're looking at it from a retarded perspective.
Like for example, if you take a circle of any size, and randomly pick any single point on it, the chance of hitting any specific point is 0 because the circle contains an infinite amount of points. But still, when you throw the dart or choose a random point on it, you still manage to hit some point, even though the chance was literally 0.
Similar thing with your argument, yes, the chance of the universe turning out exactly the way it has is basically 0, but that does not imply fate/whatever.
If it had turned out any other way, even if none of us were born, then some other anons, in a paralel universe would be asking the same questions thinking that it was impossible.
You're nothing more that a random point in a circle.

Not a single motherboard looks that fucking retarded. USB ports facing inwards? What component is that tall?

yeah, it shopped (maybe physically made?) to look like a city, not an actual MB

There's a way
If we can make a simulation ourselves.

Multiple* motherboards, with the world trade center shooped into it.

Also no. The simulation theory can only be true if we allow our selves to get to that point of technology. Our current trajectory has us in the shitter in the next 100 years.

I would ask to explain why you think creating a simulation ourselves would allow us to tell whether we were in a simulation.

no, but that house (i no longer live there) is semi-jokingly believed to be haunted. i've told my best friend about it, he didn't seem surprised. i also had terrible nightmares in that house so who knows?

In what country / state?

oregon.

>the sky glitched
Welcome to The Truman Show.

Thank you.

no problem, researching paranormal phenomena?

fucking oregon dude. so much crazy shit goes on over there.

it's a strange place.

The ability to make a simulation would in no way show that we are in a simulation.

Well, um... yes, you could call it that.

color me interested. details?

Damn, she must have massive triceps!