Visually Intense

What is the most visually intense/psychedelic/trippy movie?

Sorry if there is a proper name for what I'm describing, but I do not know it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RJI_szKnDbo
youtube.com/watch?v=51sdIPi3kEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Neon Demon
The Cell
anything Tim Burton

Mind Game

Please more.

Mind Game
Kaiba (not a movie, but worth checking out)
Hausu (1977)
The Holy Mountain
Pink Floyd at Pompeii (nice visual and the best of Pink Floyd)
Xavier: Renegade Angel (not a movie)

Beyond the Black Rainbow
The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears

Amer seemed like it was going to be, but I can never get into it enough to finish it.

the revenant

Try smoking DMT, that will help you understand the film better.

I still don't know if Hausu was supposed to be intentionally funny or not, but god damn I laughed so hard my stomach was sore for a day or two after.

DUDE

Look up what DMT is actually, it's nothing like weed.

fear and loathing

Paprika is pretty nuts, don't avoid it just because it's anime.

early peter jackson movies

It still has insufferable evangelicals boasting on the internet about it though

he'd also have to read the tibetan book of the dead

>The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears

is this actually worth watching or just some DUDE ART LMAO movie? heard really mixed things about it

The quality of the animation is shitter than Ghibli so I doubt its actually that good

this

This is true, then he will get it.

I don't advocate or am fanatic about it. Actually the opposite, that is a drug that breaks your reality until you are literally in another world inside of your mind. Not many are ready for that, I only did it like twice.

Yeah and move to Japan and get shot by police, then you'd /really/ understand itl

I had less problems with it than Upstream Color on a scale of 0 to ART, if that gives you a gauge at all.

Hausu is like the class clown, a depressed bastard hiding between laughs.

Drive

alright, didnt have that much problems with upstream color. gonna give it a try then

youtube.com/watch?v=RJI_szKnDbo

This.
That movie is a fucking trip by itself.

ODDSAC

Watched this movie while on acid.
One of the best films I ever watched, most people think the director's use of the camera is what makes it trippy, but in my experience there was moments when a scene in the beginning blew my mind because it connected with the reincarnation scene
It's hard to explain, how truely mind bending the movie.

If your ever thinking about watching this movie on acid I would recommend to watch it after you peak and light a blunt.

If anyone is ever curious about watching trippy movies on acid or any movie I would recommend when your coming down. In my opinion a good acid trip is going outside in the woods or a private beach and just let the trip guide you. Sitting in a room with the lights off while peaking isn't something I prefer.

Watching this on Acid makes suicide seem like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Have you don LSD and if so how does DMT compare to LSD?

The most I've ever done was 300 mics of LSD it that was kind of scary.

omg lol it's so deep he's like the new kubrick desu

>madhouse
>shittier than ghibli
>muh frames
Why the fuck are people like this fuck

Meet the Feebles is legitimately great

People prefer simple high fps animation over complex low fps animation usually

bump

Watched it recently for the first time, not bad but extremely overrated. Felt more like the director's personal love letter to film-making rather than an actual good film.

The reason you can't explain it properly is because it wasn't actually mind bending, the LSD made you FEEL like it was mind bending. There's actually nothing to explain because all the "profound" thoughts were just relatively normal thoughts that occurred simultaneously with an emotion. Think of Pavlov's dogs learning to salivate with the ringing of a bell. You learned to associate some simple thoughts with deep feelings and so when your brain tries to materialize those thoughts, and only simple concepts formulate, you think "no, that's not right, those aren't deep enough". It's a neat little psychological trick, but ultimate just a failure to explain an emotion and not an actual idea or concept.

If you took a drug that works on receptors that deal with sadness, and then you feel unbelievably sad looking a regular picture of a dead animal, it's not because of any particular depth or mind-bendingness present in your thoughts or experience, just regular thoughts that don't differ from ones you'd had without the drug, but your emotional response is amplified due to the drug and that tricks you into thinking those thoughts are more profound or mind bending than normal. That's my theory.

t. Armchair philosopher who's afraid of drugs

Doctor Strange

dmt is a better experience because it's much shorter (if smoked, can be drunk for a longer trip as an ayahuasca brew). it's more intense and stranger, as well. the intensity can make you completely forget that you're tripping

Speed Racer
Strange Frame Love Sax
Samsara

Film isnt great but thought i was gonna have a seizure during the strobic, mushroom trip scene.

>essential colourful films
>Skyfall
>Temple of Doom
>Blade Runner
>The Holy Mountain not listed at all

The fuck? Who ever made that list is a turbopleb

Enter the Void is complete and utter dogshit. The visuals might have been interesting if it wasn't literally 2 and a half hours of literally the same gimmick endlessly repeated.

>made you FEEL
Have you experienced any drug, let alone psychedelic? No? Then shut the fuck up seriously

I watched that movie on a shit load of ambien, I have no idea what I hallucinated or what was part of the movie.

>hes never tripped in his life

had to leave cinema during that shit my eyes were hurting
youtube.com/watch?v=51sdIPi3kEI

Yes, more than once. What are you trying to get at by quoting that particular phrase?

I was getting at that it's an overused fucking expression that every single experience from drugs is just CUZ THE DRUGS MADE YOU FEEL THAT BRO! Like it's the clearest way to tell someone has never done any real drugs. Maybe you've drank a beer before, but it's incomparable to actually tripping balls or something.

Drugs CAN give you real experiences, not everything they give you is fucking completely fake. It's just a retarded thing normies like to push as if it's 100% true because it's an easy way to dismiss ANY AND ALL drug experiences or whatever. You can't just say it's all bullshit

Waking Life

I have though. Experiencing a trip doesn't make Enter the Void a good movie, it's still a boring repetitive piece of shit.

>junkies actually believe this

Speed Racer

>likes The Holy Mountain
>only mentions the movies he recognizes
Just go back to r/movies, friend.

Nobody is denying they can give you real experiences, what's being denied is that drugs will give you more profound experiences.

An easy example: Without a drug, if you stopped and looked at a leaf for a while you'd have general thought A, which would lead to thought B etc., but you might not be someone that looks at leaves for any particular length. Now let's say you take a drug that makes everything you look at make you feel happy. Well, now you're looking at the leaf you wouldn't have otherwise looked at and are experiencing thought A -> B etc. The point is that someone might judge the thoughts while on drugs as feeling more profound because they feel amazing/ed while they are experiencing them.

The same logic could be followed to show how taking the same thought A and thinking it while feeling a particular way or another might lead to either thought B1 or B2, so in that sense a drug might alter the A->B->etc. thought chain in the above paragraph, but that doesn't have anything to do with the quality or depth of the thoughts.

To summarize, what I'm talking about is the inevitable weight that people attach to thoughts that they have while they are experiencing strong emotions (which is what drugs will do) that skew their perception of those thoughts. Notice how the post I was replying to was specifically talking "it was so deep but I can't explain it", not an actual tangible, assessable thought.

The 3 movies listed can in no possible way be described as "colourful". I'm sorry you don't know what words mean.

Rather difficult to get shot by the police in Japan regardless of what the movie showed.