Can you decarb your weed too long? It's been in the oven with the butter at 265 for an hour

Can you decarb your weed too long? It's been in the oven with the butter at 265 for an hour

Raising the temp doesn't make it go faster nub.
Put it back down to 200 and wait the damn hour and a half.

Conglatulations you have ruined it. Might as well throw it away. Too long and too hot

There's no saving it?

Op obv forgot to do his homework...

just drink it

I heard a lot of conflicting things!

No saving. You might use it but the cookies will just taste like chemicals with no effect at all.

read instructions and follow them better next time

There's zero conflicting reviews whatsoever. Literally every site says exactly the same thing about decarbing.

Heat it in the oven for 30-60 minutes at no hotter than 250, preferably down around 225 at most.

You also decarb before you put it in butter, dumbass. You decarb it and then let it simmer.

Seriously, did you look at a single real recipe beforehand?

/thread

Its okay OP, shit happens with your first attempt. generally dont want anything going over 200-250f, decarb in the oven first without the butter in a sealed foil pocket for 30mins on low temp, then only simmer with the butter, I highly suggest a water/butter mix to help not burning the butter/ overheating the active cannabinoids.

My birthday party is in 3 hours :(

do you have more weed at least?

i usually do 225 for 1 hour, then low simmer in butter for 1 hour. the longer the better

rip

So long as you don't burn it, no
The best way is to put the budder mix in boiling water and keep at a light simmer for a few hours, it won't burn if you keep refilling the water as it boils off.

after decarb in oven, what temp should it be simmered at on the stove top? can you over-simmer?

rip

I took enough out of the once to smoke tonight, but not enough to try brownies again

Homegrown? I'd likely just smoke then, don't waste that small amount

If you cook it at too high of a temp then you'll also vaporize the thc.

smoking is more effective anyways, man. its a faster high. I know its not edibles, but just roll up a fuck ton of blunts.

age?

that looks like fun for a night user

Decarb just the weed on some tinfoil at 275F for 20 mins, put in something fatty, put at 300F for 45 mins, take out ur good

idk the temp, i just keep it on low, you want lots of very tiny bubbles

Fair enough, I have tons a shake i've collected, prolly gonna make a batch tonight, prolly some peanutbudda cookies

>275F
>300F

you could have just as well posted the temprature in kelvin you amerifaggot

post celcius for the rest of the world will ya

Dont all stoves have both?

I'm 30 today

That's really good to hear, thank you

well, happy B-day user! How many people are coming over? Might run out with just that, do you have weed delivery in your city?

IM HERE TO CLEAR THIS UP ONCE AND FOR ALL YOU INCAPABLE FAGGOTS

PUT YOUR WEED ON TINFOIL AT 110° CELCIUS FOR 30MINS

STIR IT INTO BUTTER ON LOW HEAT FOR ABOUT 30MINS

IF YOU STOP STIRRING YOU WILL ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE BATCH

GET YOURSELF A FINE PIECE BOX OF BROWNIE/COOKIE/CAKE MIX

REPLACE THE BUTTER IN THE MIX WITH YOUR CANNABUTTER AND PROCEED THE RECIPE ON THE BOX

SPACE YOUR FUCKING BALLS OFF

>PIC RELATED ITS ME BUYING CAKE MIX WITH CAPS LOCK

A quick google search will reveal said temps in celsius

nice, i like to put 9g into 1/2 cup of butter for some crazy strong brownies

if your country is disabled enough to use fahrenheit then yes even your oven is smarter than you

You've basically converted all of the THC ya dingus.
I always decarb the ground bud on a tray for 1 hour at 200 and then add it.

>implying my oven has access to google

sooo... is it 120 or 200?

Dont get me wrong, I agree metric countries have it right (I'm Canadian) but even here our stoves have both measures.

>budder
>weed is fine for your brain

because even your ovens are as opionless as you canadians are

>120 or 200

READ THE FUCKING INSTRUCTIONS YOU ILLITERATE FAGGOT I SAID 110CELCIUS WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE NUMBERS FROM

play on words dude...

No, I'm pretty full of opinions... I also know how to spell

I think he meant celcius but...
200 if you do it for one hour, (my method). Also, make sure you have an oven thermometer, don't trust the dials on your stove. Some people prefer to decarb at a lower temp for longer time but in my experience that leaves more of a weed taste and it's as strong of a high. Just my experience though. This may not make sense, I am very high.

Bleh I meant decarbing at a lower temp for longer was not as strong of a high for me.

Told you I am high.

You're being trolled dude. Who told you how to make butter?

strangely this is the only weed related thread in a while... some not so long time ago there was at least one stoner thread constantly on the main page

Protip: use a goddamn crockpot. Won't get so hot that you ruin it.

I like to use coconut oil. Something like 97% fats (the healthy kind) and that's what's binding with the THC.

So I'll take a 16oz jar of coconut oil, melt it down in the crock pot, add a whole oz of weed (seriously), and then water. Cook that shit for a few hours stirring it up occasionally. I usually do a 6-8 hour pot time. Then you strain it into a big bowl or something that will hold it all. Put that fucker in the fridge overnight. The (now medicated) oil will separate and float on the water and then harden in the fridge. You pull the layer of oil off the water, which will be nasty colored, and chuck the water. No THC in it since it is not water soluble. Use the oil as you would butter for baking stuff. Using this method you can pretty much make it as potent as you want.

I use coconut oil too but just melt the oil in a double boiler type setup in a crock pot and let the ground up weed soak for 2-3 days, stirring once in a while then I press the fuck out of it with a press I made. 12 grams in a half cup of oil, that makes one batch of brownies that will put you down, I promise. Plus this way you don't have to deal with separating the water.

Dealing with the water isnt a problem. Sometimes I don't even want to wait overnight, 2 to 3 days sounds agonizing.

Also, you've actually been able to get 16oz of coconut oil to saturate an oz of ground weed? Yeah, I bet it would take a minimum of a few days.

I like the water because theoretically I could only use 2oz of oil, and cook a whole oz of weed into it.....then those 2oz of oil would be overkill to say the least lol

Looking at 12g/half cup, seems like if you doubled both you'd be close to my oz of weed/16oz jar of oil

I never use a full ounce in case I fuck it up, but I am sure it'd work fine in a larger container. I soak it at 160F for 3 days.