Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums

I'm here again to offer some advice and have a chat if you need.

bump

up

bump

Another bump, need advice? Want to talk girls?

I'm here for you user.

Gonna post wholesome stuff for a bit.

Posted this couple of times no one really answers.

I'm currently 19. I'll graduate with a law degree when I'm 20. (I'm doing a fast track 2 yr law degree). My current struggle is getting a first class. I think about it all the time. I'm also obese but I fantasize going out with a gorgeous blond. I feel lost in life. I don't know what I'm doing and what to do. I have big goals but I fear failure. Nor do I belive I'm smart enough to reach them. I work like a dog in my study 24/7. I'm working towards going to Oxford or Cambridge to do my masters.

Advise?

hey what's this threat about, someone can explain it?

What Uni?

Don't worry user, universities like to foster this culture of 2:1 minimum or death mentality. I fucked up my second year pretty bad (Depression and Anxiety), so I'm on course for a 2:2. On the other hand, my cousin graduated from a shit-tier uni and is now making 80k fast-tracked to partner. I've found plenty of grad schemes that offer internships to 2:2 students, as well as having offers from family friends to get internships in several industries.

Altogether, get a degree, but try to enjoy it. If it's a first, great and congrats, if it's a 2:1, you'll be fine, just like all the other grads.

Source: am at a top 3 uni for my course.

Basically, if you want to chat, I'm here for you.

Got a question, need advice, want to vent?

All good in here.

Trying to help anons.

I'm working on a law degree myself, I'm in my University's Mock Trial club. See if yours has one, it probably does. It's what convinced me to go into Law in the first place, and I've made some serious friends in there. Friends who really give my life meaning

Thanks for responding. Just to clarify, I got my results back. I got a 71 criminal law, 72 for legal studies, 56 for contract law and 53 for EU2. I just have this nagging feeling of wanting to be the best in my class, to make something of myself.

hi did you read
>The Book of Pook
?
What do you think about life in general?

What's your favorite movie user?

Shawshank Redemption, sorry, I know it's cliche, but damn I love that film.

Also special mention to the Batman film with Heath Ledger, Christ that film was great.

What about you? What about fave TV series?

Donnie Darko or American Beauty

I'm sure my uni doesn't run that.

>The Book of Pook

Never read this, what is its topic?

I think life is pretty okay. I'm kind of going through some minor depression at the moment, but I'm aware it's irrational. Got a beautiful gf, two trips to Italy coming up, birthday, few parties etc.

I'm anxious about future beyond uni, I can't really move back with my parents, haven't got a grad job lined up as of yet.

But it'll be alright. Always is.

What about you?

I want to take revenge on my ex i still have their adress and phone number

How do I make more money?

>Be me
>Married, 2 kids.
>On food stamps because not making a whole lot.
>Getting by.
>Now, new job, paying more
>Too much money to qualify for food stamps, not enough money to buy food out of pocket.

Revenge won't bring you happiness, user. If you still care enough to want revenge, you're letting him/her have too much control over your life. My advice is to move on and find something else to do with your passion, because harboring grudges hurts you more than it hurts the one you hate.

Classic social security poverty trap. What are your outgoings like?

Obviously the usual applies like, try to work more where possible, try to keep an eye out for better jobs.

Sorry user that sounds like it sucks.

Stop, leave.

As someone who has done this, it won't make you happier.

All it'll cause is you to lose self-respect. When in a few years you're happy and loving life, you'll regret lowering yourself to that level.

Nice to see someone helping out, thanks user.

Just ref back to my post. What does it take to be best/greatest, what exactly should I be doing. I feel like I've missed out on life (19).

>
Hey then I sincerely recommend you that book. Best stuff I ever read. It's the compilation of the posts of one guy to sosuave.net (2000-2006). But it's super well written. I discovered one month ago and it is changing my live and way to think.

About me, I am Physics student. I failed a lot because I am a bad student, but I am improving a lot this year.

I am also anxious about the future after finishing uni, but you know that book teached me to not be afraid follow my dreams and don't get afraid of anything.

Am I too stupid to go to college?

No user. It all depends on how much time your willing to set aside to study. Push pass the indevour and you will not fail.

Outgoings? You mean, what I spend vs what I earn?

Me
>Roughly 1,500 a month income
Wife
>Roughly 1,200 a month income

>Net income after taxes, roughly 2,400

Expenses
>Rent and Babysitting, 1,225
>Phone 175
>Car insurance 100 p/month
>Gas, 350 a month
>Vehicle upkeep ~40 a month
>Food 350 a month
>Parking pass, 40 a month
>Household supplies, 30 a month

>Net Outgoing 2,310

>Leftover income ~90

On top of that, we have a few extra expenses, such as needing to buy new glasses, fix various car troubles.

The 90 extra isn't going to give us much security if the cars break down, which, as they are old, they are wont to do. in 6 months though, I jump up to 13.25 an hour, so I mean, that's nice.

I think the fifth Element would be for me. Series, well that would be Game of Thrones.

If you constantly strive to be the best, the greatest, you'll end up depressed.

Try to do the best that you can do.

What do you want in life? Just to be the richest you can? I've seen a lot of students get top marks, they have no social skills and are going to struggle in the real world.

Try to be a well rounded person.

My dropout sister in law went, and she has dyslexia, ADD and a host of other learning disorders.

If you want it bad enough, you'll succeed.

19?

Jesus user, you haven't missed out on life. You havent even had a chance to live your life yet. You've been an adult for all of a year. You still have 30-50 years ahead of you. You haven't failed at being an adult. It just takes experience.

What do you recommend I do? My goal may be somewhat noble, but it is to be rich (so much so that I don't have to worry about bills or what I can buy).

That's the problem user. All I've ever known in life is what I've read in a book and not experienced it for myself.

Hey man, thanks, I'll give it a look!

Same here, just managed to pass second year and had to take a year off to get myself together.

Long story short, you'll be fine. Try to look at grad schemes and internships and try to put a good CV together.

Are there any of those expenses you can live with less?

Breaking Bad is mine, I'm not a massive TV person but I absolutely binged that one.

Exactly. Go out and live. It sounds tougher than it is.

I've heard about people who earn median incomes becoming financially free by age 30.

If you get a good grad job, and follow financial independence tips, you'll be fine.

Unfortunately no. We're operating on the lowest possible expendature. Without parking pass, I can't park at work. The food I can see cutting back to 300 a month if we buy lots of potatoes, but really, everything listed is bare essential.

Do you need to spend so much on your phone bill?

Do you need to drive to work?

Are there any cheaper childcare programs available?

Try looking into the financial independence subreddit, I'm sure if you gave them your breakdown they'd be able to help!

Thank you for all you advise. I'll be sure to take it on board. It was a pleasure speaking to you guys. I have to retire now. Good night user(s). God bless.

Good luck user.