Yale English students call for end of focus on white male writers

theguardian.com/books/2016/jun/01/yale-english-students-call-for-end-of-focus-on-white-male-writers

>Undergraduates at Yale University have launched a petition calling on the English department to abolish a core course requirement to study canonical writers including Chaucer, Shakespeare and Milton, saying that “it is unacceptable that a Yale student considering studying English literature might read only white male authors”.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emilia_Lanier
youtube.com/watch?v=9XGUpKITeJM
english.yale.edu/courses
thecollegefix.com/post/27558/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>studies a white Anglo-Saxon language.

>complains when you have too study material written by white people

I just cant do it anymore pol...

>why can't we read something from Prince EA instead

>AYO

Wait, i though Shakespeare was a kang or something.

or was that some one else?

do these people realize that within the next few years, their ivy league diplomas are actually going to be a negative in the job process and even grad school process?

Who wants to hire people with mental issues who will yell for a safe space the first time they take a business trip somewhere outside the West and don't have a hugbox?

Do these people think the cutthroat jews in these big firms care about their feelings and what triggers them?

>pick english litterature education
>does not want to read english litterature.
ffs this is like whining about learning about only white people while studying north european middle age history.

ITS WHAT YOU PICKED AS A SUBJECT YOU FUCKERS.

>Wait, i though Shakespeare was a kang or something.

True, but he had to degrade his writings because of white oppression.

His real works are written in ebonics.

>Why should a lit major read any relevent work of literature?
>Why cant they read all the shit authors and poets like the brontes and angelou

No, he wuz Kween n' shieet.

>Shakespeare
>white

These institutions are just different forms of the Frankfurt School.

That's why Bernie is so adamant on free education. He wants the taxpayer to pay for brainwashing children.

>Shakespeare was illiterate
>A nigger wrote his plays
Were they written on goat skin parchments in dune runes?

Bugger off, Mongol.

Who else has written literature apart from white males though?
I can think of only a few exceptions: Jane Austen and Emily Bronte, white women. And.... nope that's it. Only white people have ever written literature.

negroes have a very rich literature tradition. But the White man stole their papers from them, so they were forced to write it all in sand and it disappeared when it rained.

Based bantz

I don't know much about Gibraltar. How is life over there?

but... people like Shakespeare, Chaucer and Milton are genuinely some of the finest authors to ever grace the world with their writing

moreover they form the canon not because the canon is somehow decided by a group of racist, sexist men in unis, but because they have stood the test of time as being both universally relevant and artistically sublime

also, this is only a core part of the course right? I'm sure there are other units on the course that they can choose which will satisfy their desires to study non-white and female authors, then again, nobody is stopping them doing so in their free time but whatever

before you study medicine you have to have the fundamentals of biology and chemistry, likewise before you can truly explore literature you have to study the fundamentals i.e. the canon

[spoiler]I did an english masters so this is pissing me off quite a bit because it shows that these people really don't understand their subject very much[/spoiler]

The most recent Harvard grad school ceremony featured a black graduate performing slam poetry as his 'speech', even encouraging finger snapping and fist pumping in the audience.

HARVARD UNIVERSITY, with an inner-city tier graduation ceremony.

At this rate we're going to reach a point where jobs avoid hiring people with degrees. College has become a literal joke for any job that isn't highly specialized.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH, the world is so fucking insane... I can't laugh anymore...

FUCKING RARE

why can't they just read novels written by white guys who pretends to be black as a joke?

wew lad that flag...

Vocal minority, Gib

You're retarded. You know nothing about networks of power and prestige if you so things as stupid as that. Also, you're talking as though the content of this undergrad petition has been turned into policy. It hasn't At Yale, Shakespeare and Milton are still important. Unfortunately, though, you're a massively retarded faggot. Ivy grad here.

You're almost as stupid.

I have come to the solution that war is the only way to go.

You got a link to this?

Amelia Bassano Lanier was white...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emilia_Lanier

They have a point. Aren't those guys covered in high school?

Kek good one

all of the KANGZ propaganda hinges on you not being able to do a simple Google search. same for the whole "first president was black" thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=9XGUpKITeJM

Yeah. If you haven't mastered the classics by college wtf are you doing in yale in the first place?

>for some, the only difference between a classroom and a plantation is time

Post degree, then.

>White people were the only English users for literally centuries
>hurr durr why so many white authors
Fucking hell, can we just nuke all universities?

How could he direct the plays if he was illiterate?

I CANT FUCKING TAKE IT ANYMORE LADS

EUROPE AND THE USA ARE PREDOMINANTELY WHITE. DID YOU EXPECT TO FIND NIGGERS ON YOUR VISIT TO JAPAN?
WERE YOU LOOKING FOR SLAVS IN ETHIOPIA?

I MEAN HOLY FUCK THE LEVEL OF INSANITY IS JUST TOO UNREAL. SOME EVENT HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST 10 YEARS THAT FRACTURED OUR TIMELINE BECAUSE LOGIC AND REASONING NO LONGER OPERATE FULLY IN THIS TIMELINE.

english.yale.edu/courses

These are the courses at Yale's English department. There is no class that features just Shakespeare, Chaucer and Milton outside of the classes solely about Shakepeare. There are also multiple classes that focus on minority groups and women. It's just a bunch of lazy ass student who want an A for doing nothing.

This is actually a really good speech

>actually has a non stem degree

HAHAHAHA!!!

i think i never read a book written by black in my life.

>You know nothing about networks of power and prestige.

Look, I get that you cling to your Alma Mata. I also went to a well respected University, however, one of my buddies is a Havard grad, and even though he is over 40, the only claim to fame he has is Harvard. Don't be a guy whose only accomplishment revolves around an acceptance letter when you were 18, it's just pathetic.

Anyone whose been in the tops schools knows that getting in is the hard part, but graduating Ivy isn't any harder than any other decent college.

their administration will totally agree with them for fears of being called racists

Pushkin.

Fine but, name me 3 comparable nigger writers.

This generation is doomed - it's like 'Idiocracy' is a documentary...

>it was

Now THAT'S rare.
Not fucking Bermuda you classless faggots...

Look everybody, I'm user and I'm Ivy League.
I'm also an astronaut that rails supermodels and drives a Lambo.

IS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME HERE?

I'm pretty much decided I'm not going to bother going back to University. Fuck it, I'll just work harder instead of riding a worthless degree.

>unacceptable that a Yale student considering studying English literature might read only white male authors

The only hope for the English is if all white males that believe this way, castrate themselves so they do not spread their genes.

no it really isn't
all these sassy WE rhymin' "truth to power" monologues are the same and they're all intolerable at this point

the groids who give them are always incredibly smug

>falling for the STEM meme

Enjoy poverty.

pisses me the fuck off that these cry baby faggots get to go to college because of affirmative action and rich mommies and daddies.

I can't afford shit and I work my ass off all day and night. Pulling 1st and 3rd shifts.

Why don't they check their fucking privilege.

This. The name is important, and the full prestige of the degree comes from the fact that Ivy Leagues and Honorary Ivy Leagues (Stanford) will have much more connections, funding, and research opportunities. Anyone who thinks these degrees will lose their value are the "muh liberal indoctrination centers!!" faggots.

Dartmouth should be razed though.

College cancels ‘Men in Literature’ course, says it’s too focused on men

>President Peter Wood points out that the school offers plenty of classes similar to “Men in Literature,” including Native American Literature, Asian American Literature and Women and Literature, the latter of which has an emphasis “on the cultural position of women in the United States, emphasizing racial, ethnic, and class diversity.”

thecollegefix.com/post/27558/

Prestige is reliant on reputation.

The longer this goes on the more the precious reputation is tarnished.

How long until the Ivy League is a complete joke in the working world? How long until people just automatically associate the brand with rabid purple haired feminists and #BlackLivesMatter?

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

It's not fucking rare you utter tits
at most it's uncommon. There's a gibraltar poster at least once a month on

I want off this ride.

Lmao