Any americans willing to share some good or bad experiences outside of the US...

Any americans willing to share some good or bad experiences outside of the US? Recently lost my job and have some money saved up (about $17k), want to take at least a 1 month or 5-6 weeks trip. Preferences are SEA/South America, Europe is fine but maybe not the common tourism destinations.. I want something not so western or new.

All are welcome, but Im more interested in people from the US if that makes any sense.

bumping with random shit

Go to Thailand and get your dick wet.

Or save and invest.

These are the only viable options.

Argentina, travel a lot within the country. Its basically South America with safety.

Where to? Have you visited? Share user.
I don't wanna save, my job sucked ass I want to take a break.

Actually somewhat surprised I didn't get raped or murdered in Mexico. I just think that's because I only went across the border for a few hours at a time though.

Which part? I was thinking

>Colombia
>Brazil
>Argentina

I don't think Id like to go to Mexico because of our current relations, but Idk, if someone can chime in it would be appreaciated.

>went to mexico one summer
>saw a cop get killed by another cop
>no one was phased by this
>realized this is mexico and left

Thanks but Im looking for things that happened, not Sup Forums fantasies.

Chilean here

It's FUCKING AMAZING at nature, hikes and sightseeing

Want to see polynisea? Go to Easter Island
Want to go to the snowy mountains at the morning and then to the beach in the afternoon? You got it
Want to go on a hike to a volcano? You've got hundreds of them
Want to go to the driest desert in the world and see the clearest skies in the world? Go to San Pedro de Atacama

More else, just look at El Tatio Geysers, Las 7 Tazas (The 7 cups, a system of waterfalls), look at Las Torres del Paine (El Paine Towers) and Las Catedrales de Mármol (The Marble Catherals)
You've got anything here regarding nature

If you want to know anything else just ask

>Pic related, the Marble Cathedrals, you go kayaaking in a big ass patagonic lake and go inside these caves

Man, Chile is way safer and less corrupt than Argentina... any decent ranking will tell you the same
>However, argentina wins in the hot sluts and one night stands departments by far

Thanks, that sounds amazing, thanks for the detailed answer user.

What about the people? Friendly/chill?
Lots of tourist traps? Expensive?
Can I crossover to Argentina easily from there?

Giving a thanks from a random user

I dont really care much about safety, of course Im not going to go to Honduras or Sudan or some shit like that. Scams, sure, I know they exist on a lot of places but Im not going to go to SA/SEA or eastern europe being scared everyday. Just wanna travel.

>However, argentina wins in the hot sluts and one night stands departments by far

lol

I tell you what...

I took a little vacation, spent one week in Philippines and one week in Thailand. Phuket for Thai, and Makati-Manila, Borocay in Philippines.

I was having trouble with the internet and my bank account, so i was never able to check my balance on the trip. But I wasn't worried because I have a decent amount in there.

I lived like a straight up baller. Nice ass hotels, good ass food, all sorts of fun, and I was paying for my lady companion as well that i met there.

When I cam home the first thing I did was check my bank balance, expecting to have spent around 10 grand or so....

Eight hundred bucks........ That was the total i spent. I lived like a king and was expecting 10 grand, but it was only eight hundred bucks.

I tell you this because you could have quite a time, and/or quite a long time in SEA on 17 grand.

Have fun

Im canadian but last may I went backpacking from southern France (Toulouse) down to Spain and eventually Portugal. Greatest experience of my life so far... Would definitely recommend Portugal, specifically Porto.

Also heard Eastern Europe can be amazing for cheap (Croatia especially)

Yeah if I can stay more time thats a huge plus, thats also why I want to go to SA/SEA/eastern europe.

Thanks for the input user, $800 for 2 weeks and not being conservative? That sounds fine af.

eastern europe is pretty good and mostly cheap, its not dangerous at all thats just a meme, further west you go the more expensive it gets, romania is great and you can get apartments for a month for aout 400 euro and plenty to see with cheap public transport, montenegro is a hidden gem and cheap to stay a while, croatia is nice but its expensive around the tourist areas like dubrovnik, split and zagreb

Idk If I want to hit France but Portugal/Spain sounds fun. Thanks.

Yes, I wanna travel there. I saw some weird ass festivals on some cities from countries of that region that looked incredible, like halloween but with creepy ass shit.

>What about the people? Friendly/chill?
In the big cities, not so much (specially Santiago, there are lots of friendly people and tons of assholes), in the country side, hell yeah really friendly. Most tourist destinations have english speakers everywhere so you shouldn't have a problem with the language, still basic spanish is advised
>Lots of tourist traps? Expensive?
Not that much, however there are... you have to be smart tho', for example, do not get a taxi in the street (notorious for ripping off tourists) but get an Uber. Also, most stuff sold at tourist locations are overpriced, you can get the same at the nearest city cheaper

>Can I crossover to Argentina easily from there?
Yep, really easy to cross to Argentina... The CHL-ARG border is the largest land-border in the worlds, lots of passes through the Andes (the US-Canada border is larger if you count the great lakes tho').
However, the time it takes to cross the border varies depending on where you cross, since the Andes can be a pain in the ass to cross in winter, you can do it but it's not advised

Love you too, user

Think more or less as a 'discount US state'...
pretty similar at a lot of stuff, also it's almost as expensive
I'll go to Florida in February (1st time at the good ol' US) so ask me then on how much the prices vary. It's quite safe also, I read somewhere, can't remember where tho' that here in Chile we have the 2nd lowest homicide rate of the continent, losing only to Canada (that being 1 homicide pero 100k hbts)
>If you want a hook up it might take you a while... most girls here aren't easy... for that go to Argentina, however, while there are hot women, it's easier to hook up in Argentina, there they're more 'liberal' in the sexual sense

Do you want to know anything else?

I was also at the 'tourist' locations... The most expensive part will be air fare, which i left out... getting there and back was $1,300... total trip around 2 grand.... for 2 people

bro go to ukraine its cheap as hell and the west is save

> its not dangerous at all thats just a meme

Yeh, I don't care much about that as I said earlier, and I dont mind skipping tourist areas. Thanks, Ima look into Montenegro, I already checked Romania, looksgood.

if you go to Portugal, Go to Sintra and Albufeira. I promise you Sintra is the best Portuguese culture and destination, and Albufiera has the absolute hottest women on the planet... On the beaches... topless... all day, then go to the clubs at nights and score with gorgeous chicks.

France was really dope but im french canadian so obviously its a bit different. Portugal and Spain were amazing too, the women really know how to dance lol

>in the country side, hell yeah really friendly, Most tourist destinations have english speakers everywhere so you shouldn't have a problem with the language, still basic spanish is advised

I think I can manage that, I have some basic spanish (super basic) but I dont mind learning some.

>but get an Uber

Good tip, didnt know you guys have uber.

>Also, most stuff sold at tourist locations are overpriced, you can get the same at the nearest city cheaper

Im not planning on buying that stuff, I probably will be spending most on weird foods/wine or things that I havent tried.

>I'll go to Florida in February 1st time at the good ol' US)

Good luck! Its not as bad as this website make it up to be.

Hooking up is not my motivation to travel, althought if it happens I welcome it.

Thanks for your advice and info, I really appreciate it.

Its gonna be winter/autumn there when I go most likely, and Im too much of a pussy to hit a nude beach lol. But I'll check those places you mentioned, thanks user.

>Portugal and Spain were amazing too, the women really know how to dance lol

Ima take some classes there then, because I cant dance to save my life!