Damn this was really enjoyable. I get that Sup Forums likes to make fun of him because of his fanbase...

Damn this was really enjoyable. I get that Sup Forums likes to make fun of him because of his fanbase, but this album was was quite /comfy/, really enjoying it what do you think about it Sup Forums, memes aside?

great record that soared his popularity. 2014 was a good time for me. But probably one of his lesser albums. Most songs are great but blend in a little too well. Passing out Pieces is one of my favorite Mac songs that i feel doesnt get talked about anymore. Wish he still played it live.

2 will always forever be my favorite though

2 > Salad Days > his early lofi stuff > the rest which all sounds the same

2 is better.

>Salad Days (2014) continued in that vein with the likes of Blue Boy and Chamber of Reflection, peaking with the baroque Passing Out Pieces. The atonal guitarwork of Goodbye Weekend and Go Easy provides a welcome respite from the trite melodies.
>6/10

>using comfy as a positive

i love this album so much, even the album cover is /comfy/. blue boy is the GOAT

too bad his new album is gay shit

it's his weakest for sure but still has some good songs

like 5

whats wrong with his fanbase?

Another One is his best work imo but 2 is amazing

let me recall my experience at one of his shows

>all the line to go in the venue
>see nothng but kids chain smoking and wearing denim jackets, dad hats and torn up jeans
>bunch of kids getting dropped off in bmw's and mercedes benz still dressed like a poor person who shops at goodwill
>overhear couple kids in line talking about they hope mac smokes their imported viceroys with them and hit the blunt later
>finally get in the venue and its filled up
>all the kids are literally anxious af and start screaming for mac
>mac finally starts playing
>whole crowd starts fucking moshpits
>mac has to keep telling the crowd to calm down and chill out
call me an angry old men all you want. but for a guy who makes chill music. his fans are the complete opposite. it was experiencing every fucking tumblr cliche in 2 hour timeframe

fuck every one of you fags.

mac was good live tho

*at the line

>This Old Dog sounds the same as his other stuff
Pleb detected

His new album is his peak.

this was mac's last decent record

Just an outright jaded lie

this old dog = 5/10
another one = 4/10

it's good in fact

It's a fucking great album that captures this strange nostalgia that you never knew you had until you listened to it. Like, I'm not sure what it was, but when I listened to it I felt nostalgic for the moment I was living in instead of feeling nostalgic for the past. To be honest some of the tracks on this thing are straight up beautiful. Outside of the "haha dude weed lmao" moments that passing out the pieces and chamber of reflection bring, the guitar and synth work on this album is super pretty. It's a cool album.

Unpopular opinion time: worst song on the album is let my baby stay.

Well atleast he gave it a 6, it could've been worse

yeah if youre down with the sappy out of ideas shit that makes up most of the album

Salad Days > 2 > Another One > This Old Dog

Objective truth.

DUDE THIS IS SO COMFY ITS JUST THE FANBASE THAT SUCKS IGNORE THE FACT THAT ALL HIS SONGS ARE THE SAME. JUST 5 SECOND SAMPLE/TUNE ON REPEAT
SO COMFY BRO I LOVE TO LISTEN THAT SHIT WHEN IM HIGH AF YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING?? ITS THE FANBASE THAT SUCKS DUDE THEY ARE ALL HIPSTERS UNLIKE ME