What would you have done?

What would you have done?

Kept my eyes closed.

whenever i want to rewatch the shining, this is always the scene that keeps me from doing it, truly terrified me when i first saw it.

>oh shit, sorry

>grab her by the pussy
>pussy comes off

turn 360 degrees and walk away

Probably the same as Jack unfortunately.

did my annual rewatch a day or two ago, this is always the best scene

"wish i could forget it and watch it again for the first time" kind of scene

it's too bad the book's sequel was utter garbage, king really fucked that one up, doubt kubrick could even make it into something watchable were it possible honestly, whereas the the original book and film are on some middling ground at least

probably my favorite horror film of all time though, probably

turn around then 180 out of there

Saw this in the theater last night, very boring.

But then you would be facing the same direction retard

why is this scene so terrifying

no seriously

Just like pictures in a book

>If there ain't jump scares what the point

1)Disgusting and grotesque.

2)The unnerving behaviour of "ghost".

those too, but i always thought it was because it was so easy to self-insert and slip into jack's shoes for that moment, it wasn't even the prevalent madness driving him, just the temptation of a pretty woman in front of him beckoning

even if you're the type who wouldn't have responded, there isn't a straight dude on earth who wouldn't enjoy that feeling, and so it's easy to see how enticing that probably was, even thinking "what the fuck is this chick doing in my empty hotel taking a bath?", especially if shelly was waiting for your return about who was choking your son

it's way too long for only like 2 spooky scenes, the acting is silly (people were laughing at nicholsin's mannerisms) it doesn't hold up despite how "masterfully" it's crafted.

>adhd: the post

have you watched it in the current year? and you can legitimately defend that it is a well paced and effective horror movie?

>fapping to this scene as a kid
>old lady pops up
>mfw I wasn't even scared, just disappointed

yes, and yes, but you clearly have a different idea of what constitutes "horror" as an effective medium of communicating fear, rather than something designed to use cheap tricks and constant LOOK HOW SCARY THIS IS AREN'T YOU SCARED OF THIS SCARY THING to make you feel that way

the film's soundtrack is part of how it gets under your skin, for example, but i wouldn't expect an entry-level pleb like you to understand that, you're probably better off with something like the walking dead or whatever the flavor of the week is at your local theater

Sup newfriend