There was no reason to exist

there was no reason to exist
>inb4 liking gorillaz

no reason for this to exist*
fuck

There was no reason for this thread to exist
fuck off back to r/music

there was no reason for this piece of shit album to exist lmao

This is my one of my friends' AOTY and we've gone to toe to toe about it so many times
It's like a monastery of shitty ideas

it isn't that bad

I'm really interested about why you think the album is so bad. I've listened to it a handful of times and I LOVED it.

this
it has its flaws but it's nowhere near the disaster people claim it is

My thing is that every track was either too much or not enough, or some tracks were pointless and silly like the last one
DRAM and Vince Staples songs should have been more, the album itself felt half-baked and unfinished on purpose, like a culmination of ideas, which I thought fell flat more often then not
It's not like I have a hateboner for it like a lot of people do but make no mistake, I thought it sucked

This album was fine. It's no Plastic Beach but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I genuniely hope everyone who loves Gorillaz dies a horrible death so I won't get to see another of their circlejerk thread talking about the same shit over and over again for the 1000000000th time

agreed
gorillaz fans get incredibly butthurt when people call their band reddit but they're incapable of having different opinions just like them

I normally like Gorillaz but I found this record to be utterly loathsome. Not a single actually good track, only a couple that could be salvageable with some work. Sleeping Powder by itself has ten times the worth of this collective abortion.

People always go on about "oh what about it didn't you like" but what I want is an explanation of why people DID like it, what about it did you like? "I just did" isn't good enough

It went against Trump and it wasnt great so on Sup Forums this 6-7 is a 3

There was no reason for humanz to exist. God what a dissapointment. The only album where i couldn't finish it and i love gorillaz.

The reason is Damon trying to cash in on millennial nostalgia. That being said, I wish I lived in a timeline where this album never came out.

They were an alright band until this album.

>nostalgia
Their last album was 7 years ago, how is that nostalgia?

7 years is quite a lot of time, especially when you're young - just imagine how many kids who were in middle / high school when Plastic Beach came out are now on their way to graduate from college.

I liked it.

absolute hot garbage of an album. liberal bullshit ruins everything

>It went against Trump
explain.

See

go find some new people to feature damon

it's like Damon just gathered his black friends to show how cool he is

Someone just called damon a racist so he revived his 16 year old virtual band project to prove them wrong by slamming as many black people he can on there, resulting in the album lasting 26 fucking tracks

I wasn't into Plastic Beach at first, but I decided to give it another couple of listens and it grew on me.

I listened to Humanz once and had no desire to ever listen to it again.

Damon is on record saying that the "dread" of a then-potential Trump presidency directly inspired the album's tone.

it was good.
i thought sex murder party, the carnival, and busted and blue were all pretty bad though, and if the deluxe songs weren't on the album i would probably have liked it a lot less.
there's a lot of great songs on it. never really understood the hate. people kinda acted like having features ruins a song. that's always what gorillaz has been.

New noodle is the best thing about the new phase

>sex murder party, the carnival, and busted and blue were all pretty bad though

Not that I liked any of the album but those were 3 of the most tolerable tracks IMO, with Busted And Blue easily being the least awful song on the whole thing.

because only Gorillaz fans do that on Sup Forums, there's not countless radiohead and king krule threads here or anything

kys

I liked it but I do agree with the criticism that there are too many features. Damon released Sleeping Powder like a week after it's release and it was better than most of the stuff on the album.

It was a downgrade for Damon compared to Everyday Robots and The Magic Whip.

Plastic beach and demon days is good shit but almost every song on humanz is just damon trying to feature as many black artists as possible because
>fucckk trumpp he rayciss

Busted and blue was the best track imo

Shove your fist up your ass and shout "cringe kys"

>PB was considered shit when it was released
>Now is worshiped by new fans and Sup Forums contrarians

This is exactly what will happen with Humanz and you can't denied it.

Don't tempt me with a good time

This shit musically is not even close to a 6. This was easily their worst record from a purely critical standpoint and pretty much the consensus agrees. The only people who liked it was black twitter since its basically a compilation of black people doing whatever shtick they do without anything that makes Gorillaz what they are. Damon is a total hack and ive tried to listen to this album but i get the same impression every time.

The first half of this album is perfectly fine, but everything after Busted and Blue is either mediocre of complete garbage. It's a gigantic let down compared to everything else they've ever done. It honestly would have worked if they just removed half of the tracklist and released it as an LP. They also could have done without so many guest singers. It feels so much less like an actual gorrillaz album and more like a mixtape of unrelated literally who artists. It's actually comical how they released an unrelated single weeks after in protest to the "not enough damon" complaint and it's actually better than almost anything from the album

Strobelite and Saturnz Barz are the only tracks worth listening to. Could've just dumped them as two singles. And the politics are so hand-fisted.

Gorillaz isn't a dark band dipping their heads into politics, the most they've gone into politics was Demon Days but at least Demon Days wasn't DAE TRUMP IS BAD???!!!

This.
Demon Days will always be close to my heart, but I'm done with Gorillaz after this trainwreck.

>tfw alburn seems less involved with every single album
>tfw it went from a genre-bending rock/electronic/rap project to just featuring a bunch of rappers
Did they lose touch or just their integrity?

Not to mention Demon Days had a bit of subtlety and tact,
Humanz beats you over the head with a lot of it.

Jamie wanted another reason to draw a bunch of new Noodle material to jerk off to

The first album was the best

>Kids with Guns
>Dirty Harry
>Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head

Demon Days was pretty political. Also, Trump is bad.

Trump may be bad but jesus these people have no fucking clue how to tell us that without coming across as whiny faggots who i don't want to listen to

>the most they've gone into politics was Demon Days
Like what someone said earlier " Demon Days had a bit of subtlety and tact,
Humanz beats you over the head with a lot of it."

The difference being that Demon Days covers a number of different relevant-at-the-time issues with at least some level of subtlety.

Humanz is blatantly and unapologetically "fuck drumpf and fuck white people."

Despite the shittiness of Humanz I'm still going to see Gorillaz in december since i checked the past setlists online and they've been doing more old shit than humanz lately so i'm excited

>blatantly and unapologetically fuck white people
There were like 4 songs on the album that were overtly political. the messages of these songs was "Trump is bad and black people are worse off than white people in the USA." or in the case of Hallelujah Money, "the wall is a dumb idea." Not really a fuck white people message. this seems like a case of "white person feels threatened by uncomfortable truths." feel free to prove me wrong though.

>I need a gun to keep myself from harm
>The poor people are burning in the sun
>They ain't got a chance, they ain't got a chance
>I need a gun cause all I do is dance

is pretty damn overt. The reference to Bush in the same song is only slightly less so. and just because Fire Coming Out used symbolism doesn't make it subtle.