80% concept, 20% music

not sure what she was thinking with this product

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs
archive.is/iKqsq
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How is she revered in any way as an artist? Her music is some of the most formulaic pop I've ever heard.

Don't think she knows herself. It's a mess.

She just needs some quick money

she needs a good slap

How to make shit, the clue's on the cover.

>Sup Forums endlessly shits on St. Vincent
Every time

that'snotevenherass/10

her worst album by far

>80% concept, 20% music
What does this even mean?

she put way too much focus into the concept and aesthetic of the record and forgot that the music is mostly all that matters.

She finally realized that sex sells and she is now exploiting it, even though it apparently is not her own ass. Which is kinda pathetic - if you're gonna use sex to sell records, put your own literal ass on the line.

But the music is good.

>implying this was her first record to fall into that trap
A few years ago she was a white haired bride of frankenstein character.

The album is literally all music so this is irrelevant

She has a great ass, look at those cheeks from tis angle

It's not her ass you dope

Well I'm sold on her ass. But I've just gotta say, her Music Man guitar is a fuckin eyesore.
lel

>lel
?

what is it then

Did you google it?

yum

why is Sup Forums so obsessed with the fact that the album cover is ass?

do you guys hate roxy music because theres tits on their covers?

Roxy Music's covers are shit too. I think people are obsessed with it in this instance because the artist is a woman and not a group of men.

Roxy Music cover models included one of the greatest musical trannies of all time and the girlfriend and cousin of one of Can's founding members, women worth glamorizing

Album was really energetic and fiery when it started but then devolved into a boring mess. How the fuck did this happen? It seems like after Happy Birthday Johnny the album goes from a solid 8 to 4 on the flip of the coin

The way she's trying to make some commentary about sex and various other topics in this album comes off so juvenile. It's like a high schooler's diary with a high production budget.

HOW COULD ANYBODY HAVE YOU?

PILLS TO FUCK PILLS TO PISS
PILLS PILLS PILLS IM A HUMAN BEAN

Ha ha

Saved

auntie?

I didn't even pay attention to the lyrics for the most part of it. With that being said it was boring and trashy but it relieved me of my boredom driving around town..Don't hate it so much Sup Forums just because p4k rated it this with 7,6.

did they ever fug?

>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs

46:47

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

archive.is/iKqsq

she'll lie and say whatever is most convenient to say at the time, whatever bullshit statement earns her the most possible kudos. then she'll delude herself into believing her own lie.

very typical of women with personality disorders.

this ruined the album for me to be honest

She's definitely got some cluster B comorbidity thing going on

What's even the point then?

Sounds like trump

She's a cunt for sullying the name of a great real life saint anyways.

True

A lot of what music - artistically - entails is how the viewer can connect with it. A lot of that is through concepts and aesthetic. Without some structure like that, you're left with aimless noises and no strong defining identity.

I don't like this album a whole lot, but everybody is being an overexaggerative crybaby sperg about her "selling out", "oversexualising herself", and otherwise being way too reliant on a sort of formula (despite the fact that these people can't actually describe which formula she allegedly falls victim to). It's way more embarrassing than the record itself, and showcases the tribal mentality where people are so ready and willing to shit all over an artist for any reason.

>viewer
Listener. Goddammit.

listening to this now having never listened to St Vincent. she's good.

>dude everyone in LA does plastic surgery and is addicted to pills lmao
so original and forward thinking annie. fantastic insight

The point is that she feels that pressure to but into these things, dingus. She isn't cynically observing vanity that she can't relate to, she's reflecting on how these cultural things apply to her.

Parts of Fear the Future sound like the way Sufjan sings on some songs on Age of Adz.

doesn't make it any less shallow of an observation. she probably thinks shes cool for being the only REAL indie musician talking about how society REALLY is. also dont ever call me dingus again fuck face

>getting mad at your own projection of how you think an artist thinks

dont call me dingus

Why does this old lady insist on showing me her dirty fanny?

It's not her ass on the cover

But your representation of the material was stupidly simplistic and a little dishonest if your goal right now is to double down instead of re-stating your opinion.

>80% concept, 20% music
pic related

lighten up, Francis

(ya dingus)

>reading comprehension

i wouldve done that but ive only listened to half of one song on the album

*rips off pink floyd*

You all would've shit on Dylan for going electric back in the day.

>Tfw she was too lazy to give the CD case a rear insert so I had to make my own for shelving purposes

absolutely not, you fucking retard

kek thats pretty lame

I still do.

is Annie the Quentin of music?

she didn't go to music school you know

i thoutht she dropped out of berkley

unrelated, but are you just leveled up Crazyaga?

>The Los Ageless riff showing up on the track immediately preceding it
nice

are the rumors about her true?

I've watched a lot of her interviews and every now and then check her twitter.

She's very obviously depressed and/or having some sort of crisis. She's kinda full of herself in a weird way... Maybe even a bit on the spectrum...

I don't know. I kinda want to see her when she's in my city next month.

make sure to clock her right in the nose when you see her

I actually just want to see her feet.

>Maybe even a bit on the spectrum
narcissism is basically a form of autism

> young lover
>i’m begging you please to wake up
>young lover
>i wish that i was your drug
>young lover
>i miss the taste of your tongue
>young lover
>i wish love was enough
>enough

yo, what the fuck

All these losers shitting on her because she's a women.

Hows your relationship with your mother, faggots?

I got that vibe from her pretentious recent interview with the BBC journalist.

It's actually pretty good. It may not be her best, but it's still a pleasant surprise. I thought she was going to go pretty downhill this time, but I guess not.

She's gota history of doing pretentious interviews. I first picked up on it when her S/T came out but people have pointed more stuff out to me since.

Like I'm okay with good artists being a little full of themselves or even playing with their audiences. But the more I read/watch the less I think she's being artsy and the more I think she's being kind of a jackass.

i dont even know what this is, but shes a white hipster so its prob just some shitty whipser moan shit in reverb synthy gayass shit lol not gonna listen

lol upvote

This album is her weakest yet. The first half and a bit is at least enjoyable if not spectacular. The last 3 songs, however, are boring as all *hell*.

Please, someone, shed some light on what makes "Young Lover", "Slow Disco", and "Smoking Section" good at *all*?

If white is your problem, you should know that a few of the tracks here were done with one of Kendrick's producers (Sounwave), and ergo have some decent bass kicks, lol

You're insane. These are some of the best songs she has written. It's insane how much she improved her songwriting.

Dame appeal as songs like Severed Crossed Fingers or I Prefer Your Love or The Party. Just slow ballads. I dont like them as much as those songs so far but they're fine.

A lot of the songs have co-writers and co-producers which, while they've had good results, is disappointing to me because I want to listen to stuff by St. Vincent and not SV with Sounwave and Congleton and whoever that other guy is.

Antonoff co-wrote some of the tracks but that's it. She wrote most of them on her own.

Also, S/t and Strange Mercy were entirely produced by Congleton. I don't really care about the production as long as she's doing the writing, and she clearly is.

Jack Antonoff is the worst thing to happen to popular music in the past 5 years

well he co-wrote the best pop album of the decade, so he's got that going for him.

That album's Melodrama btw.

no, sufjan is gay

>look at my ass and pussy
what a whore. into the trash.

It's not her on the cover.

it doesnt matter. she's promoting degeneracy in hopes that faggots like you, who thinks with their dicks, will buy and listen to her garbage.

I don't even like the cover or aesthetic. I'm using an alternate cover.

melon's review has dropped

>promoting degeneracy
lmfao kill yourself
or at least cut off your useless dick

By that logic, The Dwarves "Blood Guts & Pussy" should be a platinum album.
Guess what? It isn't.

*Berklee

queen, this record is amazing,solid 8,5/10 and top 5 released this year.
I still cannot believe that Jack Antonoff of all people made me a St. Vincent stan, but here I am: popping my boipucci to Masseduction

Can I get a link, bros?