What is Sup Forumss opinion on Event Horizon?

What is Sup Forumss opinion on Event Horizon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZK1debnXYlA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>patrician tier
Event Horizon

>mediocre tier
The Lost World

>pleb tier
Jurrasic Park

Shitty 40k prequel

kino as fuck

Legit Scary

Hell cut literally NEVER EVER
youtube.com/watch?v=ZK1debnXYlA

Superb.

Patrician's choice sci-fi.

Only bad things was the nigger boomeranging around back into the ship and Neill being one of the rescuers.

One of those movies people pretend to like even though it's really bad, coz that's funny, kek

Theatrical had no development to the point where certain scenes were laughable

Heard directors cut fixes most of those problems but I haven't seen it

It's really not that good. Fishburne's performance is awful and Sam Neill's character has no development.

It's a meme movie.

I usually hate cheap gore horrors but this stuff somehow made sense

>meme movie
Don't. I know you are saying it seriously, but you have no idea what the fuck a meme movie is.

>Really not that good
Agreed.

>it's a meme movie
No.

Good and intense, but not great. Dinosaur man wasn't someone I could take seriously as an antagonist.

The idea was kino. The execution was not that great.

>it's a "Sup Forumseddit thinks everyone's played with the same toys he has" episode
Yawn-o-rama

It could have been a lot better if they'd played it straight as serious horror and hadn't put that one comic-relief nigger character in there.

Not going to lie, the nigga flying back was kinda funny. And I liked it.

The reason being:
The antagonist was a bigger joke than him.

But you are probably right: for those who DID take him seriously, that would have ruined it a bit.

Great movie for what it is.

It's a better sequel to Jurassic Park than Jurassic World was

I was watching the making of event horizon this morning and I was taken aback by Paul w.s. anderson talking about it like he had made a real movie. He indirectly compares it to the shining and drones on about the religious symbolism in the ship's deisgn. Don't get me wrong, it's not a horrible movie but it's basically a shock horror movie with the cannibal tape as the centerpiece.

It's just so weird that the same guy goes on to make Uwe Boll-tier shit with the Resident Evil sequels.

I just watched it and its pretty fucking ridiculous

>editing in the 3rd act is a hack job
>basically steals ideas from flatliners/Solaris to set up lame "accidental" deaths
>motormouth black guy wont shut the fuck up
>people are possessed, then not, then possessed again in the span of 5 minutes
>one guy designed the ENTIRE SHIP (to look like an s&m dungeon combined with a Gothic cathedral)
>the ending where she sees sam Neil should've been the real ending if this was a horror movie
>somebody's crappy club demo plays over the credits instead of spooky horror music

that's all I got off the top of my head

boys
get in here we're watching Event Horizon right now

What did he mean by that?