My boss gave me a talk about being late a couple days ago and told me to at least call in and tell them I won't be...

My boss gave me a talk about being late a couple days ago and told me to at least call in and tell them I won't be there, but I'm an hour late now and haven't called so how was your first time getting fired Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you're a fucking moron

Never been fired.
Not a loser.
20 minutes early every time.

sorry to break it to you, but you're a loser

Protip don't turn up late with a Starbucks in your hand and a lame excuse

never been fired
I'm a manager

Money is important. If you dont take yourself or your job serious, quit. There's people who work 10x harder than you who deserve the position. Back to welfare you go.

I'm late all the time. My company doesn't care since I put in 60+ hours a week.

never been fired
even when I was "late" I had notified someone the day prior (because they fucked up the schedule) that I would not be there on time and they failed to notify anyone of importance

I explained that to them and gave zero fucks.
Boy, were they all mad on the phone, though.
Buncha dumbasses.

I used to be late for everything back when i was still in school, had a hard time waking up etc.
But now i'm always exactly on time or 5 min early. Dunno if i should strive to be even earlier but feels like a waste to stress in the morning.

How'd you fix it because I have the same problem

holy shit have some willpower and an alarm clock
you don't deserve employment

Idgaf about your opinion unless you're the guy that I asked

How can people be habitually late? I don't fucking get it... My job starts at 8am. I'm generally there at 7:35. If there's bad traffic, I'm still early...or at least on time. In that time before I start, I have my coffee, check messages, and fuck around online. At 8am, I start working. It's not rocket science. Anyone who can't manage to be on time deserves to be fired and the reason why given to someone calling for references.

You're a good slave.

"How can people be habitually early? I don't fucking get it...." shutup autist, my sleeping schedule is built around my night shifts and today I had a morning shift after my shift last night so I tried to go to bed early and overslept still

everytime I got fired I ended up with a better job, had maybe 17 jobs in my lifetime (I'm 45, 13 of the 17 jobs was during the suck ass Clinton years) out of those I was terminated 8 times, been at the same Co now for 15 years making just over 73k. Don't worry too much about it man. Note, I never told new job I was termed from last, I just said current employer do not contact. Nice AR

Yeah, my life's horrible. 4 day work week, 4 weeks vacation a year, another week of holidays, full medical/dental, and an embarrassingly high salary.

>Enjoy your parent's basement. Just remember to thank them, since they actually work to provide it for you.

Same here kinda.
I work in a pizza shop.
Been there almost 5 years.
I know what days are busy and which days aren't
IF I come in an hour late on a slow day....no fucking loss.
But on the busy days...I'm there like 1/2 hour early to make sure the board is cleared by the time I leave

someone needs babby's first alarm clock

Who are you trying to convince? I'm retired at 31, man.

I'll take shit that's not true for $800, Alex

Of course you are.

Even so. I am sorry for your bad health. Get well soon grandpa

>I will discount advice if it's not covered in flowers or delivered by my favorite concubine
lmfao
I hope you get fired.

only a betta gets fired an alpha quits with class.

>you're a loser

only by nigger "dindonuffin goodboi" standards.

I worked at a bagel shop and we had a really big order that we had to get out of the way right when we got there at 5 am and I just so happened to get arrested so I didn't show up and the manager got super pissed because it fucked them over

Not going to greentext, as who cares. Let go from overnight stock job after year and a half. They were “downsizing” also some “insubordination”.
Worked hard. Extra hours. Didn’t kiss ass enough.
Anyway, showed up for my 11:00 pm shift. Doors always locked. Other guy lets us in usually. Parked, went to door. Guy who I worked with cane to door. “I can’t let you in user.” Huh? Sorry, (the manager) told me that I can’t let you in. “Can I call him?” Sorry. Walked away. I pounded on the door a few times. Went to car, sat in it. Fuming. 20 minutes later, two cops arrive. I have to leave the premises. Life.

Is there a particular reason you don't phone in?

came...

How to be a good employee
1. Show up on time
2. Do what you're told for your entire shift
3. Pick up extra hours whenever you can
It's not that fucking hard

I call bs.... Clinton years were boom years

Terry?

We were in a recession at the end of the Clinton presidency.

shhhhh that was W's fault......

I got fired from like every job I had before I found something I liked and finally after 5 years I was laid off. I'm at a new place now but I hate it and it's starting to show in my work ethic so eventually I'll be fired from here too.

Everyone who habitually shows up late gets termed. Youre an idiot if you cant see that. Every workplace has shit talk and you know when youre on the losing end. Showing up on Sup Forums to gather pity? Or attention? For fucking up your own employment with embarrassingly stupid, embarrassing, and sophomoric behavior is laughable. Is the intent of this thread to be insulted by everyone? OP are you some sort of masochist? Or are you just stupid?

Oh, right... RIGHT... the powers that be knew they were going to make GW win and tanked the economy before the election to get it ready for him.

Sorry, not awake yet.

>First time = wouldn't sleep with faggot boss
>Last time = drunk on the job

Quit being a pussy

so stop being a whiny ass cocksucker and maintain while seeking better employment elsewhere.

Hahaha what a failure

>Hahaha what a failure. I'm 29, live in my parent's basement and don't pay ANY rent. And, my parent's combined income is MUCH more than that!

ftfy

Just show up with donuts.

If failing is being at the same job, which I enjoy, for 15 years and making 73,250/yr without leaving my house then cool I am a happy failure. I guess you could call failing upwards then huh?

I read a lot of gun magazines and mental health books at work so people become afraid to report me. Actually had a boss ask me once if he was on my hit list since I never smile at him lmao

LMAO nice! I used to have gun magazines only (never did the mental health books) then 4 yrs ago when they piloted work from home I was one of the first to get to......... been loving it ever since!

>You're a loser for wanting to work
Kek, spotted the nigger.

What is your job

Been fired once. I worked at a body shop and was going to pick up a jag. Blew the engine while speeding on the way back. The owner paid like 10 grand for a new engine and fired me with 2 weeks pay lol he liked me. I was late constantly but would come in early when needed and just did a lot of extra little things to help out everyone I loved that job. Worked for a different guy doing home renovations and he wouldn’t pay me (alcoholic / drugs) and eventually just told me not to come back. I got my
Money though eventually with some borderline threats

Got fired from peak sesson amazon when i was 18. Got soooo many girls that year though.

Nobody works at amazon during peak with the hopes of a career tho

Yea buddy, thats also a good way to get reported to FBI or DHS you antisocial FUCK

Technology Analyst II, used to be Lead Systems Analyst Advanced until they changed the role title last month

Sound Nice. Gj on your life

>everything here is a work of fiction
>you'd have to be a fool to bla bla bla
>you can be anyone you want on the internet

I do literally nothing at all and never have. I get 91902321900 quid posted to my account every minute and have every major female celebrity on speed-dial to blow me at a moment's notice.

basic maths. 20minutes early 6 days a week. thats 3 hours times by 52 =156hours. dude you're giving them like 2-3weeks of free labour a year. cut it out I'm pretty sure your company wouldn't give you 3weeks wage for free so why are you the poorer person giving it to them... I appreciate punctuality but you don't have to be a charity giver dude.

what a fag......... glassdoor tech analyst II my salary is exactly in line with it. Maybe instead of posting on Sup Forums you should get a better job assuming you have one.

He never said he was working that 20 minutes. I'm early every day and use that time to drink coffee and catch up on shit online. When it's time to work, I'm ready, caffeined up and G2G.

>Always 30-15 mins early to work
>Always drop 1-2 hours off of my time card
Work is work.

Never been fired
Had current job for almost 12 years now

i don't know what kind of job you have, but if you can work from home, i don't see the big deal. calling would be more of a courtesy. if business is good i don't think you'll here from HR anytime soon, especially if you got seniority/skillz.

I love how the laser pointer has a warning but not the gun... MURICAH!

um maybe because guns are designed to be deadly you mong.... kinda like why long bows, swords, etc don't have warning either britbong faggot

Just out of curiosity, are you related to that douchebag Brad Turner from The Office? youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo

Sorry for late reply.
mentality towards work/money gains changed i guess, also i stopped setting multiple alarms, also think to myself repeatedly as i go to sleep that i need to get outta bed as soon as the alarm rings.
And i never sleep more than 7-8 hours (it makes me more tired in the end).