This show feels more epic than it should be

This show feels more epic than it should be

>epic
get out reddit

What was the point of making her lesbian again, wasn't she into that firebending hunk the first few seasons

Kill yourself

Legend of Karpet Munching

I started watching Avatar way late. But I loved it.

Literally the same night I finished Avatar I started watching Korra.

I could tell less than 5 minutes in that this show was going to be AWFUL.

"IM THE AVATAR AND YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT".

Something along those lines. It was cringy as fuck.

The show just never rebounded. Which made no sense to me. From the little I read online it was basically the same guys that made Avatar that made this show.

They went full Lucas on the bit or something.

Also I never would have picked up the the whole lesbian thing, if I didn't search online after I watched the show to talk about how shitty it was.

shoehorned as fuck. They just seemed like friends for the whole show. Granted by the time the finale came about I was so checked out on the show I barely paid any attention to what I was seeing.

>The show just never rebounded.
You must have skipped S3

The animation was honestly way better in Korra, but the story and writing and just about everything else was just god awful.

I might be alone in this, but my favorite part of Korra was the history shit, with that one guy and the turtle or whatever.

That was the only part of the series I enjoyed at all.

>epic

What does this word mean anymore?

Yeah that was the only redeeming part of S2

user mentioned 'full Lucas'

It's an easy formula

Even though the animation was worse, I still think the battles in avatar were better than they were in Korra. They were just more creative.

I felt like everything in korra was some move out of street fighter or mortal kombat or something

I would argue that it's a different style of choreography: 80s Hong Kong style action vs the wuxia of ATLA.

I'd also argue alot of the ATLA fights and a lot of them don't really hold up and that LoK choreography are more intricate than it gets credit for.

Are you me?

That line she says, is literally our intro to Korra. And she's the fucking worst.

Korra was all about teen romance. Who cares.
TLA was less about the romance and more of the characters and their feelings towards many different things. Love wasn't the only topic.

>main character is a carpet muncher
>old cast is either elderly or dead
If I wanted to watch any of the above, I'd go watch Force Awakens

The fighting in LoK might be more intricate, but I think my street fighter/MK coment still holds water.

In the original there were action sequences where people would basically distort the whole arena with their powers.

In Korra it felt like everything was lets throw this little piece of our power at them.

In all honesty I think the whole sports theme or whatever the fuck that was in S1 ham stringed them.

After that I think they felt they had to stick to those mortal kombat style attacks. Where you make one move and it creates one IRL action. ie a fireball.

The show is immortal on Sup Forums because of it.

>mudskin POC female lead
>epic

try again Jamal

Kill yourself

the show was failing and getting cancelled so they tacked that on at the end in order to generate buzz and publicity. sort of like burning a bridge that's about to fall over anyway. it's the only reason anyone still remembers the show, despite hardly being in the show at all, so i guess it worked

he's right tho. korra will never reach Avatar's level

I just finished when TLA. I crieded when Zuko apologized to Iroh. I love their characters. I don't know what to do now.

She has strong pit game

there is literally nothing on Korra that compares at all emotionally to anything that appeared on TLA.

leaves from the vine.........

>cool 1920s style abandoned after the pilot
>lol Amon is a bloodbender because we have to wrap this up quickly
>only one and a half good seasons
>forced lesbianism because lol I don't know

The changed it at last minute so it could be remembered for not how garbage it ended up being, or from Nick bailing on it with a season+ left, but for how progressive it was.

So SJW bucks from digital, books and merch

It was only good for an episode. Aang was miles better.

>It was only good for an episode

lel. are you serious?

the first season was garbage

I really wanted to give the GRRLPOWER a chance but she really was one of the worst avatars.

The """" villains"""" for each arc were well done though

Still not sure why they don't just make an Iroh SoL mini series

>Iroh SoL
>bunch of cute old men drinking tea and playing in a band
sounds familiar

Korra was like 80% punchbending.