twitter.com/boxnationtv/status/859093851365048321
youtube.com/watch?v=z9CctJYCNpA
youtube.com/watch?v=WgBi7fpbYk8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*stays humble*

Sup Forums = Canelo
Reddit = GGG
9gag = Chavez Jr.

How many fights of the century is one century allowed?

You implying you're a cat?

Dunno, how many times is the #champ Anthony Joshua going to fight?

Absolutely buzzing

I don't know but we're having 3 or 4 this year

So when are we gonna see Kovalev vs Pot shot, clinch, wrestle, headbutt, repeat.

June 17th

Who had the better resume between Arguello and Duran?

Head to Head I feel Duran would've beaten him but legacy wise I consider Arguello to be more accomplished.

Even better, Rigo is the chief support so you get 2 hardcore circlejerkfests where everyone pretends they're enjoying themselves in one night.

Ali v Frazer was the fight of the 20th Century

the fight of the 21st Century hasn't happened yet

cats are for faggots anyway

You saw it last week blad

You're for faggots

Cats are self reliant, independent, and excellent hunters that prevent vermin from spreading diseases around your home.

>independent

if cats are so independent and self reliant then how come they need humans to open the door so they can get outside?

>ward/kov
>joshua/fury
>ggg/canelo

where were you when boxing destroyed MMA in 2017?

>ward/kov

didn't it do laughable numbers?

>he thinks joshua - fury will happen

Yeah about 170k but it's still a good fight in the division

It's definitely happening now HYPE

>it's an afghanbro cynicism episode

It'll happen but certainly not in 2017

yeah I was surprised. Boxing has 2 extremes for PPV buys either they do great or they fail quite hard. UFC tends to be a bit more consistent which an average of around 300k PPV buys each month + the occasional big boy PPV

I know that I exaggerate somtimes, but come on, the biggest liar and hypocrite in boxing coming back? someone who was afraid of wlad won't fight someone who won against klit by tko

Lampley was shitting so hard on Chavez Jr lol.

Kellerman was basically calling him a beta bitch in his post fight interview with him too. Pretty funny,.

I think it's because there's a core base of MMA autists who consume everything and it's all they care about

>CaneloGGG rather than GGGCanelo even though Golovkin is the title holder

also UFC PPVs tend to have around 4/5 somewhat relevant and competitive fights whilst its common for boxing PPVs to have a couple of squash matches and the main event

I watch both sports so I don't mind

Glad GGG vs Canelo is happening this year, my original thought was probably next year but then we could well have seen a real decline from him.

Arias vs Magomedov should be fun though

He already looks declined

Canelo is the favourite now

People put it inside. It's only fair desu

Glad I didn't stay up for the Canelo fight in the end. Knew it was a mismatch. I hope Golovkin beats Canelo into a bloody pulp

It's obviously Mayweather v. McGregor

Honestly still don't see it that way. Canelo is nowhere near as big as Jacobs and if this is for the IBF belt (which it probably will be considering he's already not fighting for the WBC) he'll not be allowed to rehydrate nearly as much as Jacobs either. Canelo will have to win on points since he won't have the power to knock him out and GGG's jab is monstrous, his power in general is the ultimate equaliser. Canelo will have to be perfect and I just don't think he can be.

Could be wrong, but I think people are knee-jerking a bit now that Canelo has suddenly become some huge favourite off the back of GGG looking bad against someone who was essentially a couple of divisions heavier by the time the fight started.

Not with bookmakers. Golovkin by decision.

GGG is going to kill Canelo on the Mexican Independence Day

GGG looked a bit off vs Brook as well, granted he finished him in the fifth. He might have been ill during the fight because he was headhunting straightaway and was getting hit more than usual.

I think Canelo can hurt him and I think GGG will fight cautiously again

Yeah I think that was more a lack of respect. Against Jacobs he was a lot more careful and while he was hit, he only took around 3 clean power shots in the entire fight. If even Jacobs at that weight couldn't knock him out I can't see how Canelo can.

Canelo is much better at finding a home for his punches than Jacobs

I don't think Canelo knocks him out but he can outpoint him to a decision.

Canelo having power is one of the biggest memes in boxing, he's similar to AJ in that respect. Against anyone remotely the same size as him he hasn't looked capable of knocking them out. He's a great combination puncher but doesn't have massive one punch power. Think there's zero chance he knocks him out honestly, GGG's chin is good.

That's his only chance I agree. GGG needs to hurt him badly to stop his flow or knock him out altogether. 3

Canelo has scored better one-punch KOs than GGG mate

I don't think he has thudding power like GGG but he has explosive power

I think GGG has the longer, stronger jab and will win a slow-paced fight. I think it's when he tries to get aggressive that Canelo will punish him in the pocket with his slipping, catching and countering

Literally free money betting on GGG

Give me an example and I'll tell you why you're wrong

When has GGG ever scored a one-hitter quitter like Canelo's over Kirkland, Khan and Smith? Only against Ishida and Macklin off the top of my head

I 100% guarantee that GGG will be fighting cautiously again like he did against Lemieux and Jacobs. Canelo can hurt him, and absolutely will if he's too aggressive like he was against Brook for example

GGG has no defence for uppercuts and Canelo has some of the most beautiful uppercuts in the game. Canelo, with his shorter arms, better head movement and preciser punching, will have a big advantage in close range. For Canelo the principal danger is lying against the ropes, where he is forced to square up and Golovkin gets to determine the range

I am a dicksucking faggot casual when it comes to boxing

now, is GGG really that good lads? a quick search tells me he has 33 KO's on 37 of his wins. is he LITERALLY the greatest of all time?

So, do we know how much GGG is going to get for his retirement?
Did Loeffler's tactics pay off or did ODLH got away with his 15-mil offer?

He's maybe on the verge of becoming a top 10 middleweight (160 lbs) of all time. Canelo will be the first top 10 pound-for-pounder / potential Hall of Famer that he's fought, so let's see how he does

Khan is chinny at welter let alone at caneloweight. Kirkland has been knocked out by an Ishida jab who is as pillow fisted as they come and Smith is a British level fighter without a single good win. What is true is that he couldn't knock out Angulo, and couldn't hurt an old Cotto or a Chavez standing there to be hit which has been done by people far smaller than Canelo.

GGG on the other hand does have world class knockout at the same weight as him in Lemieux and has knocked out everyone of a lower level too. So far as power goes it isn't even close.

Yeah I'm curious too. I don't even believe that $15m was a real offer in the first place because even if they give him 50% he may not earn that much (do we really expect this PPV to breach 1m buys? Maybe at a stretch, but it certainly won't be much more even if it does)

Those KOs had nothing to do with his opponentss chins. Look at where the punches were placed. No one stays conscious after being hit with full power on the chin like that

GGG didn't render Lemieux unconscious. Like I said, it's thudding power vs explosive power

Lemieux got stopped by Marco Antonio Rubio

GOAT? No, but he's unquestionably a top 10 p4p in boxing today. Which is pretty damn impressive.

Honestly, the number of wins and KOs don't really matter. Plenty of boxers accumulate crazy records just by fighting garbage boxers.

if cotto - canelo makes 900k buys, this fight will easily make more than 1m buys

So why can't he do it against fighters who aren't tiny or bums?

Fair point, and though GGG's best KOs aren't incredible, he doesn't have the obvious black marks in times he's failed to do it either.

Well last night Chavez barely engaged so Canelo had few counter-punching opportunities and had to initiate the action against a defence-minded fighter, which always makes it difficult to score a KO

Cotto is pretty defensively sound and was faster than Canelo (more so than GGG, for sure)

Canelo will be much quicker than GGG so, assuming that GGG fights aggressively, Canelo will have a wealth of counter-punching opportunities and he will land clean punches. If GGG fights behind the jab then he could limit those openings, but it's hard to win clearly throwing only jabs (as we saw against Jacobs)

It wasn't just that he didn't knock out Chavez or Cotto though. He didn't even hurt them, despite hitting them both clean throughout the fight. Not very impressive for someone with supposed monster power when tiny guys managed it previously.

I reckon this fight will be +/- 100k of Canelo vs Cotto. Cotto has a huge Puerto Rican fanbase after all

Yeah I'm not really sure it would sell more than Canelo-Cotto

should i get liposuction

youtube.com/watch?v=wziex8J4ers

I want Canelo to come out like this and get KO'd by Golovkin T B H

Mexicans aways have really shit entrance music, isn't every particularly intimidating or mood setting.

At the introduction on the stage, you could clearly see Canelo is terrified while GGG literally danced it out knowing he finally got the opportunity to beat Canelo. GGG is always confident but this time, it was even on higher level.

Furthermore I didn't know Canelo's height is like in line with GGG's shoulders. Dude really blows smaller ones out everytime.

Agreed. GGG wins.

people shouldn't really be putting in how well Jacobs did against Golovkin as a measuring stick for everyone else, Jacobs was taller and much better than most people actually gave him credit for, suddenly since Golovkin looked beatable against him everyone decides Canelo absolutely has a chance now, fucking HBO and Golden Boy

Important poll

strawpoll.me/12914065
strawpoll.me/12914065
strawpoll.me/12914065

Based Reyes, dat heart, dat chin. Not many could take one of those from Lemieux.

He may not have actually wobbled them but I thought you could see that his punches had an effect on them when they landed

I think a large component of Canelo's power is his accuracy, so if you take that away like Mayweather and Lara did then he's not going to blast through your guard or wear you down. But Golovkin probably will be there to be hit at times, so I will not be surprised if we see Golovkin hurt or at least bothered by Canelo's power at some point

We'll see I guess, I have my doubts until he proves it.

You were asking about the lemmy fight portubro, this is essentially it lots of heart.

>Luck is for the mediocre people

Everyone that faces GGG says the same, it's not his power, it's his accuracy, don't forget canelo was wobbled by miguel angel cotto, who I'm pretty sure hits less hard and less accurately than Golovkin.

Was it a war? Reyes looks like Rosado in that one.

He looks like Billy Joe here.

>Was it a war?

Yes but a very one sided one if that makes sense. Reyes was always in the fight throwing but never looked at all capable of winning.

>tfw you'll never be on a training camp with the lads

twitter.com/boxnationtv/status/859093851365048321

Yeah Tyse if you're ever going to fight Joshua

Yeah I understand, lemieux looked pretty red so he looked like he got hit at least a bit.

Lemieux is such an aggressive fighter. Fun to watch

He's accurate at mid-range but not particularly so up close. I think Canelo will want to fight in the pocket, where a lot of GGG's work is smothered or glancing

A journeyman named Amar Amari staggered GGG too. Shit happens, especially to still-developing fighters

I just don't see Canelo having enough power to hurt Golovkin, maybe the inverse is also correct, we'll have to see how much Canelo respects GGG's power and how he slips those jabs.

That was before he was with Abel, before he had any backing or titles, and he'd barely turned pro, he was still shaking off his amateur tendencies back then. Not comparable to Canelo's considerable failures against Cotto at all.

Canelo was like 19 years old when he fought Jose Cotto...

I think they'll both be able to hurt each other, and for that reason it'll be a cautious fight. If GGG wins it'll be on the back of the jab again. I'm leaning 55-60% towards Golovkin, principally based on his jab and Canelo's poor footwork. But I seriously doubt it'll be the blow-out that so many are predicting

Portugal is getting confused then, wasn't who he referenced.

Even in that case he'd been a pro for a lot longer and took a far more sustained beating that lasted half the round. Went to watch the GGG one and he was stunned for about 5 seconds.

Yeah I did say Miguel Angél Cotto when I meant José Miguel Cotto, but he got my point, sorry for the confusion.

how will Lil G ever recover?

youtube.com/watch?v=z9CctJYCNpA
Chavez is a cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=WgBi7fpbYk8

>Canelo has scored better one-punch KOs than GGG mate
Against who? Welterweights?

You insufferable cunt don't wake up

pocho detected

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Top fucking lel