How do you react when someone says fallout 4 was the best/their favorite fallout?

How do you react when someone says fallout 4 was the best/their favorite fallout?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yFJKlwiYhnU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Agree?

឴ ឴឴ ឴឴ ឴▲
឴ ឴▲឴ ឴▲

Get on my knees and beg for their creamy cum

Boy, it was pretty good

You shake the gentleman's hand, and give them a puppy

Disregard opinion.

Realize they never played fallout or fallout 2 or they value modern 3d over antiquated but thematically superior 2.5d.
Duct tape their little sisters mouth shut and bite off her fingers one by one by one, then vomit them into their heretic mouth.

but user it has the best graphix pixel screen display so that means its the best fallout ever

Say "Thats cool" then suck their fat cock cause im gay and like fat cocks. Fuck you.

Its pretty good sandbox game but it aint no new vegas.

Quietly giggle to myself about how uncultured that person is in the Fallout universe and then move on with my life

No, 1 and 2 are shit gameplay wise.
4 is shit, 3 and NV are top two

Tasteless faggot.

I'd ask them if they played 1, 2, or NV. If they said yes, than I'd drop kick 'em.

I put the classics over 3. New Vegas is my favorite, but I do appreciate 1 and 2, despite the fact I never got into them. 3 just seems like too much of a Bethesda game, which isn't bad if you want to play a Bethesda game, but not if you want to play a Fallout game.

If i wanted a clicky shooty I'd play xcom

I never got into 1 or 2 but they are higher than 3.
nigga, you can't say you prefer something that didn't hook you.

depends on the reason. If they admit that New Vegas, 1, and 2 had the best roleplaying elements and story, and say that they just can't handle how shitty the controls and combat are, then I agree. If they say Fallout 4 has any depth whatsoever aside from exploring Boston and shooting shit, I stop talking about media with them because I know they have shit taste.

I'm saying I prefer them because I feel like more love and care was put into them than Fallout 3. I'd rather play 1 or 2 than 3.

Everyone knows Brother of Steel was the best Fallout.

Have you all actually tried playing 1 or 2 recently? Its horse shit. Maybe in 1998 it was good, but by today's standards its terrible

Well, it was the best Bethesda Fallout by far. They actually managed to capture world building in a way that felt like a Fallout game, not an Oblivion mod.

I replay 1 once every couple months and it's still by far the best Fallout game, and probably one of the best RPG's to date. 2 is ass though.

Im actually about 26 hours into my first fallout 4 playthrough. I never got a chance to play any others unfortunately. But I like it alot. I'd give it a 8/10 easily

I stare at the wall as this song plays in my head and ponder imponderables user

youtu.be/yFJKlwiYhnU

Waste of fucking money. Lazy fucking game with the same dumbshit engine as Skyrim.

No they didn't.

They just reversed the story of 3, gave you shit radiant quests to make the game have "infinite quests" like they did in skyrim, put an annoying voice to the PC filled it with shitty factions and characters

My first run, I walked through most of the end game because everyone like me.

>mentions nothing about the world to try to argue that it didn't have exceptional world building
Nice b8, m8

Buy my game, pirate.

Respectfully say I disagree and say how I liked New Vegas more and a few reasons why.

I've played two within the past few months.

The game is at its best in survival mode. It give you incentive to build your settlements and stockpile supplies. Without it it's just kind of an even more casual version of fallout than the rest of them.

Sounds like you played the game in easy mode. Try some of the harder modes where you actually have to worry about getting shot

I'm sorry, let me explain that the characters are part of the world.

If the people you interact with are shit, the world is shit, doesn't matter how pretty shades of grey or green they make the pictures if all you interact with is a sewage pipe.

Politely disagree

But it's a pain in the ass to get around in survival. The game is built for constant back tracking. Unlike Skyrim that has horses and carts, you can't not use fast travel hand have a good time.

I don't, because everyone has their own opinions that will obviously differ from mine.

When I say I walked through, I meant as I had high rep with RR BoS and T.I.

When the RR asked me to plant a bomb on the blimp, I literally walked in, high fived a guy and asked someone to get out of my way, no sneaking no shooting no fighting needed. Just walked hit my use button and left
And boom they are gone. RR was gathered in one place, so a few mini nukes from the top of the stairs sorted that.

I celebrate them

Sure you can. In fact the settlement system seems to be really well set up for it too. I've taken the walk back adn forth from diamond city to my settlements a bunch of times, and sometimes you see nothing, sometimes you see random encounters, sometimes you notice things in the world that you never noticed before. I've found so many new things that I never knew were in the game just because I had to actually walk somewhere.

Then there's the fact that settlements actually become useful for supplying yourself and resting, and the caravan system lets you grab things from across the map without having to go all the way there.

I mean, I do wish there were cars or bikes or something, but when people say a game needs to have fast travel to be fun in just confuses me. Imo fast travel is what ruined these games lol

If I like them I buy them New Vegas. I have done this twice and converted two people. Though I think FO4 is the best besides that, it's not terrible it's just everyone wanted New Vegas 2 and not Fallout 3: 2.

Yeah, but aren't the influence/speechcraft type options always op in games? I've talked my way out of some crazy shit in other games. Usually when I want to play a roleplaying game and I want to be the stealthy sniper guy, I don't set it up to make it easy mode for myself. I get that you're probably expecting the game its self to be so hard that it limits you, but that's why I play the harder difficulties.

New Vegas was super overrated and had a corny story. The factions were super lame caricatures too.

TBH, I agree with this man here.
Fallout NV is a great game, by all means. Has the best fucking speech ever created in video games. But it is highly overrated. every since fallout 4 came out, people have been bitching about how FNV is the best F4 sucks. The reality is, F4 Was a great game. It was easily the best game i've played in 2015 - 2016. Just returning to fallout after years of waiting is a great thing, ya know

Accept their opinion and explain to them why fallout tactics is clearly the best fallout

If it ain't New Vegas, it ain't worth jack!

>believable story with real characters who realize that politics exist, many characters regard factions as insane corny ploys for power

>melodramatic story with unreal characters who live out their worldview in the absence of other opinions despite being surrounded by them and driven by apolitical Big Badz

Novel vs. Comic Book, not really gonna knock comic books but to call NV corny is just backwards.

Fuck that game is unplayable

understand people have different tastes and can like what i dont like, even though fallout 4 is probably my second favorite behind 3 :^)

Maybe it's my poor FPS with these newer games, but it seems like I just trudge though the game.

The characters are infinitely better than 3 or NV. You're just mad that nobody has the same shitty opinion as you.

Well it's like 20 bucks on steam for the GOTY edition.

Ask them how many mods they have.
If the answer is none discard their opinion.
F4 is only good because of the settlements system. On survival mode it because sim city meets the sims meets mad max. Which I personally dig on but I hope that guy steps up to port FNV to F4.
F4 just has lots of untapped potential because it's only been out a few years.

Ask them if it was a good RPG game or a good Survival game and if they reply RPG game i will then stop talking to them

This was my first fallout. This was my first aaa game on PC. Boy, what an immense disappointment.

>F4 is only good because of the settlements system
wat. Settlements were what I hated the most about the game. Collecting trash and bartering are not my idea of fun. And forcing it made it even worse

឴឴ ឴ ▲
឴ ឴▲឴ ឴▲
fuck

I think it's something that could be refined. The popular mod sim settlements actually makes it quite enjoyable. What I wanted to see originally.
>Collecting trash and bartering are not my idea of fun
Then why are you playing fallout at all?

>Yo Imma let you finish but
>Fallout New Vegas is the best fallout game of all time
>Combines the RPG style of the classic fallout games
>With the FPS action we see from 3
>Way more immersive than the classics

Still prefer it over Vegas and 3. Actually playing it again now. Got nearly 1k hours in.

I did however also play one and 2 a lot. But more than 3 and Vegas. I actually did not like Vegas that much.

I actually enjoyed fallout 4. I just felt like the main quest was really short and the ending was pretty bland. But idk 4 was my first Fallout game anyways

>plays a game set in a post apocolyptical world
>doesn't want to collect stuff or barter with npcs
How else do you expect to get goods and services in a post apocalyptic world with no monetary system in place anymore?

I usually just ask why. I'm not a very reactionary person, and I'd rather start a conversation about why I prefer NV, and how 3 is my favorite for sentimental reasons.

>believable story with real characters who realize that politics exist

basic civil war plots are always believable, the fact that they juxtaposed a cartoon version of some generic revolutionaries against a cartoon version of the romans makes it almost a joke. Corny.

Then BMOs dad at the end was just kind of predictable

Played it today and have around 100hrs in and like 150 mods running its my own mad max meets sims world

Honestly, if we're beign realistic, most of these people simply aren't fans of open world adventure games, they just htink they are because it's a popular genre. As soon as they play them though, it's bitch bitch whine bitch whine about all of these things they have to do in them. Most of them would be happier sticking to halo.

i play fallout to collect trash, kill mutants and blow shit up

Why do you collect trash in the game, but not clean up your room?

like this.

Nothing, because even though I don't feel the same way, I can tolerate people having different opinions about things. I might debate what I thought the pros/cons were if the conversation goes that way,

The trash was mainly there for clutter and padding loot lists in 3/NV, and barely even a thing in the games before that. There wasn't much point to collecting most of it unless you were role-playing as some kind of hoarder, and even the few things that you might want (low-weight junk with relatively high value like cigarettes and pre-war money, some crafting ingredients) could be entirely skipped over if you weren't interested.

It was only F4 that made collecting it central, unless you ignored a large chunk of the game's content.

*I might debate what I thought the pros/cons were if the conversation goes that way, but that's it.

>game about making choices and them having consequences and making your own character/story
>how do you want to kill this guy? gun or knife or goo gun? xd
as far as fps shit gunplay

4's characters, better than NV's?

As a whole, no. I do concede that 4 does have a few likable characters.

But too few.

FO series is fun casual play, like most Bethesda Games are, then again, modded versions are preferrable.

It was mediocre at best. I really don't give a fuck about arguing about trivial crap anymore though.

>casual play
>Bethesda's series
>BETHESDA
t. Faggot who never played 1 or 2

i have 1, tyvm.

Ask them if they've played the other ones, what other kinds of games they like.

i'd just say "that cool dude i enjoyed it too" jesus you plebs annoy the shit out of me waaa this game sucks waaa that game sucks waaaa it cant be as good as my favorite other game because it does not fit my small minded fabric of memory just shut the fuck up and play the damn game

>alternate armor for each appendage
>generally more inventory management than necessary
>almost never proper difficulty: either too easy most of the time or obscenely hard at the beginning
>shoehorned story arc
>mostly forgettable characters
>dumb AI, shitty pathing specifically

BUT

>settlements: 30+ player dependent outposts made for tons of creativity
>shittons of quests, compelling lore, lots of detailed sites and scenes
>perks were numerous and varied made for a well tailored experience

It wasn't terrible. It just wasn't much over FO3/NV besides the settlement. I still put 600ish hours on it with no regrets

Sounds like your mom. But that doesn’t make fucking her back in 1997 not less awesome...! If you don’t believe me, ask your dad.

A nuka cola formed butt plug?!

It's the first and only Fallout I've ever played so... agree

It was pretty solid sans the Minutemen quests and settlement shit.

Settlement building is terrible. On my first playthrough, I wasted several perks in the Charisma stat when I could've applied skill points to other areas. Settlements are a waste of time. The building mechanics are horrible.
Also, why did they need the robotics expert perk? Even as a stealth character, it's very difficult to get up close to most robots. The perk isn't even worth it now. I guess that's what happens when faggots with OCD or ADD complain to Bethesda about overpowered something is in a SINGLE PLAYER game.

Nerf*

K , but can we fuck now ?

don't care. I abandoned gaming mostly because of Bethesda. But, I did start trying harder and exploring education options because of the modding community that formed due to Bethesda's horrible products. I'm now working on learning the ins and outs of derp level programming, python, linux package management and wtf a network really is and how to use my resources right. Or, I would if I hadn't nerd raged twice about 2 years ago and donkypunched 2 diff laptops because fucking Deathclaws in the goddamned Mojave.
Gaming never really worked out for me.