Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I think it's good

Meh
Good music to fall sleep to

Rap Critic is that you?

His voice does something strange to me and I love how minimal the production is at times.

AOTY 2016

got worse each listen. lacked the oomph of channel orange

AOTY 2016 and one of my top 5 all time

literally only 3 good songs

autotune was a mistake

GOAT

I'm not gay so I don't see the appeal

*gays behind you*
Nothing homo kid

Made me a better person.
A O T Y 2K16

Pitchshifting was a mistake

i like the album. the hook on solo gives me goosebumps. god bless that mans voice.

Artist of a generation. I can't wait to see where his art leads him. I think that Blonde is an album that we are going to see the effects of for a long, long time. Not only the music itself, but also everything surrounding it.

Really amazing piece of art. Right up there with TPAB as far as cultural significance goes, just at a more subtle level.

top five albums of this decade 4 sure, will go down in history as a classic

one of my favorites

That said, I skip Be Yourself and Facebook Story every single time I listen to this album and I think I've only heard the second half of Futura Free once. And yes, some of the pitch-shifting might not age well, but as of now I don't really mind it. 4.5/5

jesus

>Frank Ocean
>anything but overrated mainstream propaganda

still gets better with time

sick of listening to it
my fucking coworkers can't seem to get enough of it

>Being this afraid to like something that's popular
Stop being an insecure contrarian

i agree, thought it was great at first, now its just ok, i just really fucking hate when artists do these interlude things its fucking retarted, and this album had a bunch of those and it ruined it

This.

Pretty shit

it good

dishonest and contrived

After the first listen, I really started to hate the interlude tracks, especially Be Yourself. I get really annoyed when people talk that repetitive. It has also to do with the speaking pattern/tone, the voice and the message of the lady. I guess in some way it's still impressive that a track is powerful enough to trigger strong emotions like hate.

That being said, Blonde is very good. I enjoyed all the songs. Great followup release to Channel Orange, lived up to my expectations.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Blond. The lyrics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the vain hedonism plaguing the black community most of the lines will go over a typical listener’s head. There’s also Frank’s wistful outlook, which is deftly woven into his tracks- his personal philosophy draws heavily from J. D. Salinger's literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these lyrics, to realize that they’re not just catchy- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Blonde truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the vulnerability in Frank’s existential song “Seigfried,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Siegfried, a dragon-slaying Norse warrior. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Frank Ocean’s genius wit unfolds itself in their headphones. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Frank Ocean tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

I'm with you on that. Literally just did that earlier

Reddit memes

Thoughts on this tape?

Youtube memes

makes me think channel orange was a fluke

Frank made it good desu

why he got grass on his head

Why people don't like the pitch-shifting in Blonde? I'm tired of going into youtube and see "pitch corrected" videos. Frank does it so well and fits so wonderfully on the album minimalist atmosphere that i can't see why people hate the pitch.

Solid but overshadowed by everything he's done since

nowhere near as good as channel orange.

poor man's king krule

Everything except the first track, its a weird introduction when you're expecting Franks lovely voice and you get this weird pitch shite

remove it and start with pink n white = 10/10 album

this
nikes is such a waste of an intro. its like two diff albums