What do you think of Metallica?

What do you think of Metallica?

kill em all is great, ride the lightning is good, master of puppets is good, and justice for all is ok, black album is ok, haven't listened to the stuff after that

First three albums are good. Fuck everything else.

Can't wait for them to retire

Why can't I into thrash metal

metal is a genre with ~3 good albums and metallica isnt in that list

damn, Kirk Hammet's looking young

They're just ok. Other bands are more timeless, Metallica is of its age I feel.

Bcoz Drone Stoner is superior?

More of a franchise than a band.

one of the best bands in metal and st. anger and lulu are profoundly underrated

I think kill em all is pretty timeless

Fast food metal

t. nu-male

gimme foo gimme fa gimme drfiorfhiugsiofsdfdgfedls;oaidgslk.lo/akgah

I think you mean first 4 albums, are you saying AJFA was shit?

i don't trust males who didn't listen to Metallica growing up, there must be something wrong with them. It's like what do we have to talk about. It's worked out pretty good for me as well, people I've met irl who disliked Metallica almost always turned out to be cunts

Been clapped out since 1991.

Simultaneously one of the best bands of all time and one of the worst bands of all time.

I personally don't like their music. I honestly don't enjoy heavy metal. The guitar riffs are boring and dull. If you want aggressive and actually badass, listen to the MC5's kick out the jam's live album.

People really write off all of metal like this?

I don't enjoy heavy metal. However, I enjoy a lot of black and death metal. Just my preference

Metallica is thrash

this is their best album

Pretty much this.

Oldfag opinion forthcoming...

They were absolutely amazing in the 80's, but have tainted themselves so badly anyone who wasn't actually alive during their peak simply cannot truly fathom how badly they fell from grace.

You're not special, all anyone has to do is watch live 89 then listen to st. anger

>You're not special

>implying
>also implying live 89

You can't retroactively apply disappointment to something you never experienced. It's like whining about Dylan going electric on youtube.

>experience the good metallica albums
>be delighted
>experience the bad metallica albums
>be disappointed

stop being a faggot, you aren't special

trash*

I can't get past the sound mixing of that album.

this is required watching, even if you don't like metallica.

I don't even like their "good" albums. There are better thrash bands.

The thing about metallica is that like most thrash metal bands they peaked in their late 20s because that's when their testosterone was highest.
Over the years they went from albums like Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning that were nonstop ass-beatings to the Unforgiven part IX and now James Hetfield tries to sound like a sing-songy fag live. I would only go see them if I didn't pay for the ticket and if it was in a theater.

James and Lars have no self awarness and don't even realize what people think about them and their music. Not even talking about the "true metalheads hate metallica" meme, it's just appearant to everyone how progressively shit they turned, the exact moment Cliff Burton died.

>James and Lars have no self awarness and don't even realize what people think about them and their music.
They obviously do. They just care about the money more.

>dude let’s sue napster lmao

kill em all is great
ride the lightning too
master of puppets is still good, but not as good
and justice for all is not bad
black album is meh, only 3 good songs in it
everything else is trash, except for hardwired, it isn't trash, just bad

this.

Judas Priest was better

dave mustaine and cliff burton are, were and always be the only reasons this band was worth anything, and with that said kill em all is the only above average full-length effort this band ever engaged in. i have plenty of nostalgic childhood memories with the unforgiven 1 so that's a pleasant song but quite literally everything else outside of the aforementioned is fucking terrible. from their increasingly formulaic and generic songwriting (and not the good kind like with a lot of older top 40 pop music), distracting or just plain offensive production, abhorrent and alienating financial decisions, everything about this band is nothing short of a pathetic curiosity.

*has ever engaged in

Katie

They started my love for music, so they'll always be special to me. I'm going to their show in 2 weeks, and am listening to all the albums again. First 4 are still amazing, of course, but I noticed I'm enjoying the Load album a whole lot more lately.
I guess age has a little something to do with it.

Could Metallica actual make a good album reminiscent of RTL and MOP again and redeem themselves or are they so far gone and uncool that nobody would acknowledge it?

isn't that what Hardwired... was supposed to be?

Black Album was pretty important for me.

I'd say DSOTM and Black Album were the first records I listened to all the way through and made me realize that music is more than whatever was on the radio at the time. Probably N' Sync.

It's kind of shitty to see their past few albums be so bad. And that documentary they made during St. Anger was career suicide. Don't meet your heroes, etc.

All trash. By trash i mean garbage. Megadeth was always better then these fags with meningless lyrics

I like Hardwired.

>caring about lyrics in metal

>Don't meet your heroes
what does this phrase mean out of curiosity? sorry i'm slow

kill em all is easily the worst of the original classics

If you meet/get to know (through this documentary for instance) the people you admire, they'll often disappoint you with how human they are.
Or they turn out to be selfimportant twats, or simple assholes.

as cliche as it is to say, early metallica was fuckin unbelievably good and hugely influential

Yeah. That documentary made me feel not so bad for the steep decline they went through over the years. Those dudes have their heads so far up their own fucking ass. Shouts out to Bob Rock for babysitting those faggots. Shit I would too considering the size of those paychecks.

not just the production, save for a few legit good songs, the album is just plain boring

I'm actually OK with this.

My opinion right here

I try not to think about them

>Meaningless lyrics

Not true