The horus guard's beak glistens
The setesh guard's....nose drips

What a shitty fucking show

I hated these guys in Sen's Fortress

Then what is a good show to you heretic

Agree

Undomesticated Equines

Kill yourself.

Well good Sir. Since you inquired. TOS would be the standard for which all else is judged. There are The X-Files, The Twilight Show, Farscape, LEXX, you get the gist

TOS?

Short for "the original series" (of Star Trek)

still need to watch

Honestly? Well get on it then brother.

Jaffa cake

Like to watch this with a box of tissues close.

ohh my fucking sides...

On the weekend maybe

Original Star Trek was hella boring old man. Enterprise had a far more entertaining storyline

unscheduled offworld activation

Close the iris reeee

JAFFA SHOLVA !!

Chevron 1 encoded

Chevron 2 encoded

Chevron 7 encoded

CHEVRON 7 LOCKED
DUMBASS

You're too old to be on Sup Forums, Dad.

Log off now or I'm telling mom.

Test

First encoded THEN locked dumbass

Chevron 7 locked, loaded, and shoved up your ass

Chevron 7 decoded

Chevron 7, standing by

Chevron 7 compiled

Chevron 7, BP 0

Shol'va

I enjoyed the series, but that iris idea was just a mess.
They claim the gate was almost indestructible, yet somehow installed an iris system that made unwanted access impossible, which none if the far more technologically advanced gate users had ever even thought of or attempted.
It was a poorly thought out plot device/hole

Honestly, SG-1 was pretty much the only show ever to have a good and satisfying finale.

The Ori sucked.

Yes Ori sucked. Everything with Jack's replacement guy sucked. Landry sucked. Michael ascending sucked. That black haired woman sucked.
But the final episode was actually good.
>tfw spacenig sacrificed decades so you could live

Yes the ori sucked
Aside from that sg1 is my favorite sf series evah.

Universes ending was good, series was finally getting good before it was cut. First season sucked.

You just have to stop watchin around the end of season 7 and it's all good.
Magic has no place in scifi
And once they started down that oath they wrote themsekves into a corner and it became one long running overall storyline rather than independent stories each episode

Don't forget they always send a probe first. The probe probably just slammed into any obstacle the other side and was presumed closed off. So the iris could have been used on some gates.

Funny how you don't realize that almost every Enterprise ep was a retelling of a TOS ep.

>First season sucked.
Heresy.
And to be clear, you weren't referencing Stargate Universe in the prior statement right? Because that show was a bag of dicks.

Well you know what they say. If at first you don't succeed. Try try try try try try try try try try try again.

One if my fav episodes.

Universe killed the franchise by trying to change the franchises target audience.
Whoever thiugh that was a good idea should be unemployed forever.

It got better, but it was too late by then.
It could be revived easily with the way it ended, but nobody wants to out money into it after it's already been painted as drama rather than scifi

I would have stayed in the time loop and every day I would rape Carter in the butt and go to jail only to wake up and get that tight ass again.

That's an stretch considering out of the thousands of worlds they went to they never observed access prevention.
These things had been used for thousands of years by people advanced to the point if making humans look like niggers, and none of them ever thought of locking their door?

But that user has faith...
Of the heart

>be me
>like vastly superior BSG
>friends try to defend hot garbage that is Stargate franchise
>be ridiculed for like BSG
>years go by
>friend apologies to me
>has actually watched BSG
>admits it is rhe better show
>vindication!
>mfw i have no face

BSG was a damn good show, other than the spitual/magic aspect turns out to be real in the end.

Ancients didn't need to. It was only when the head snakes came around and took over the stargate system that it became a potentially hostile thing. And some primitive cultures did bury their gate to block it. In another instance, Thor set up his hammer to filter out the bad guys.

Indeed.

They were part of the original series, so...

favorite eps for me was with the replicators, damn i miss this show... well both of them...

But the ancient did it, as seen in Atlantis.

BSG started good, then became such garbage that robot chicken did a skit about it.

I don't remember that part. The ancients fought with the wraith in that part right? That's probably why. Anyway if you're looking for plot holes and inconsistencies there are way more glaring ones. Like how gate travel initially made you cold and you'd come out stiff with frost on you. They kept that up a bit and then just went yeah fuck this altogether.

BSG was amazing.

Then they made everyone Cylons and WTF.

And it ended as one of Jimi's LSD-inspired fever dreams

Right had nothing to do with Katee Sackhoff and Seth Green being friends.

>Then they made everyone Cylons and WTF.
>And it ended as one of Jimi's LSD-inspired fever dreams
This. And the whole thing felt like it had a really gay subtextual message about acceptance or something when that happened. It was dumb.

And then the line:
>her back's broke. She'll never jump again

youtu.be/FzH6GVBSXSk

I even grew to like Atlantis. it took a while to find stride but it turned out pretty good

Lexx was the shit

Very under-rated show

Third season was just shit.

I like the episode where dude goes off into the future and McKay's hologram ghost has to bring him back.

Yes.
Also yes.

They shouldn't have done the fire/water planet thing, nor gone to earth.

Wish they'd reboot this series tbh. Don't care if Stanley is too old, as long as it has McManus and Xev and 790 I'm good. They even set precedent for this when Lexx died and birthed baby Lexx.

If you immediatley know the candle light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago

SHOLVA!!!!

Not really. The cold shit they shrugged off by saying it was due to making their own dialing device which hadn't compensated for stellar movement over the millennia.

Nobody ever over thousands of years thinking about locking a door, yet humans did and achieved it almost instantly is unforgivable.

>
Then they made everyone Cylons and WTF.
Are you talking about the original series or the modern one?

Don't start that shit

Yeah but remember humans were seeded around by the head snakes to be slaves on other planets. It was only on earth where they were able to become advanced enough to deal with stuff like that.

The ancients surely could have done it but they didn't need to. Except apparently in Atlantis, where they needed to, so they did. I really don't see how this is an issue at all.

Modern.

Here's a different one for you, how about how they state "matter can't materialize" in the few micron space before the iris, yet we always hear shit striking the iris when it's closed.... that's way more dumb.

There were many other advanced races.
Be sensible about it for a second...
Sg-1 is one of my favourite shows, but the concept of not locking your doors, is silly, and the silliness in compounded when humans find a way to "install" an iris device into a thing that has already been said to be near indestructible.

How the fuck did they get it in there?

Everyone didn't become cylons in that series though?

This is a good point

About half the main characters did, which was stupid.

None of them became cylons though, they always were cylons

Checked and wasted

And it wasn't close to half

The only thing wasted is your future existence, because you care about random.numbers on Sup Forums

Many other advanced races, yes. Other advanced races that used the stargate? ....I don't think so really.

I come from rural Vermont, where people still leave their doors unlocked at night and even when they're gone. You wouldn't go around accusing them of not having door locking technology. We leave our doors unlocked because we have no niggers and thus no need. Yes, this is a minority example, but when the ancients built the gate system a non space nigger reality was the majority... until they were gone and the snakes came around.

But yes, exactly how they got it "in" the gate is nonsensical, I agree with that. But that's a minor technical detail.

plenty of the more technologically advanced races used energy shields, even the goa'uld.

Obviously, asshole, he means "were revealed as cylons." And I concur with his outrage. That was dumb and gay.

if the ori arc was a different stargate series altogether, i think it would have been a lot better, but it sucked because of what it transitioned from. and fuck you for disrespecting chris judge, that man is a god damned treasure

No it wasn't. And it didn't stop the gate from being accessed off-world. It only stopped anything from coming through. Idiot.

Chevron 8 locked ;)

Fuck that guy. We want MacGyver.

Ahahahahhahaha

Stargate has like seven solid seasons of good before the shitty started. BSG could barely manage three.

I liked the Ori seasons.

Give examples

Get out.

I think he's confused between a "shield" and specifically a shield blocking stargate travelers.

It was unreasonable rhat so many of them would be onboard the ship when the shit hit the fan, But to say it ended by turning everyone into cylons was just silly, and the kind if thing that would turn off people reading t his thread from even bothering to watch it