Daily reminder, if you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to go out and eat

Daily reminder, if you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to go out and eat.

Cook your own damn meals, if you are too poor.

Daily reminder to mind your own fucking business.

If I don't want to tip for specific reason, it's none of your concern.

wrong

The trick is to look at a menu before you enter the establishment, add 20% to the prices listed then decide whether you'd still pay that. If not, go somewhere cheaper.

agreed, fucking hate fucks that do this. Totally ignorant to the fact that most servers have to pay a specific % to serve for them. Typically servers pay 3.5% from where im from of the total bill just to fucking serve their cheap ass.

It's also untrue that restaurants are allowed to bypass federal minimum wage laws. Servers make a lower base pay, however at the end of the pay period if the server/wait staff have made less than what they would have made making Federal minimum wage after tips and base pay, the employer is legally required to compensate the difference.

Maybe in the US. In Europe waiters don't have the highest salaries, but still get paid enough that you should not feel obliged to tip. If you do it, let it be for an extra effort.

not tipping just outs the server and makes him pay to actually be at work. Fucking selfish fucks think they are entitled to go somewhere and get served like a god damn king and then not pay for the service. Anyone who argues the opposite should be dragged into street and shot.

often don't tip in the UK. min wage is there for a reason

if you honestly believe employers will actually pay this is naive

Maybe you should whine to your employer or find a grown up job.

Customers generally don't care about you, and most of the time you're a nuisance.

I can afford to tip. That doesn't mean you're entitled to one.

how about this.. you fuck up my meal or just a shit person..suck my dick then if i cum that your tip.

Get a better job..something that requires skill and knowledge...then you wont be a poor fag servant

Fucking. Dumb. Niggers.

No one would go to restaurant without servers there. Then i can watch your pathetic ass cook at home.

It is the law that the government is allowed to do this. If you ever worked in a restaurant, you'd see this posted somewhere. People that don't tip have no business eating somewhere where they are served. There are plenty of places to get food where serving isn't a thing, like the grocery store.

Being a restaurant employer I can assure you this is true. Severe penalties occur if this is not followed.

like your moms heard she gives free bj.

A restaurant can pay its own employees with the money it makes just like any other business. I won't tip.

If you cant get a more reliable source of income maybe you should find a better job.

>Cook your own damn meals, if you are too poor.
Wanna know the irony ? Tips are for the waiters, not the cook.
You go in a restaurant for the food, not because someone is bringing the food

If you can afford to run a srestaurant than you can afford to pay you workers a living wage.

don't subsidize the cost of running a restaurant onto hard working people.

daily reminder that restaurant owners have to pay their staff minimum wage and compensate any lack of tips.

lead btich..

It's the employers job to pay staff, not the customers. This convention is insane.

Poor Americans...

If you can’t pay your workers a living wage don’t start a business.

Daily reminder that the states are a sorry rotten pile of shit where waiters do not receive a goddamn minimum wage.

Just order carry out no tip needed get food and then leave

servers don't cook either dumb faggot. also most people go out because they are too lazy to cook, not because they can't themselves.

you didn't cook the meal jackass, you just carried it for 10 feet

Tips are earned. If your service is good, I may grace you with a small stipend. If you fuck up in any way that disturbs my evening in even the most minute of ways, I will give you exact change and stare at you spitefully while you shuffle away like a defeated faggot.

Why should I tip person who just bring the food? I would rather tip the cook and kitchen staff, not some ass who only job is to take order and bring it.

Do you tip for example nurses in hospital for bringing meds to you?

Do you tip worker in clothes show for helping you choose good size clothes?

No you don't, even if they do more than waiters.

I'm fixing people car, I do even emergency visits on the road if they call. You thing someone tip me? No. I fix a car for specific price that we agree at the beginning and that's it.

I can give a tip guy in hotel for bringing my bags. I'm ok with that. I also can tip bars where they prepare food in front of you. I can tip there. But I'm not gonna tip for some lazy ass who just smile and take my order.

they are paid for their job

Working as a cook for 8 years + let me tell you that the wait staff is Dumb AF at my shop. They walk food out to folks and they fuck that up 8 times out of 10. Tips lol..bitchin about somthing they could change if they just went to wallmart and got a job. It's soooooo not a hard fucking job to bring food to a fuck.

If you want me to pay 20% more add it to the menu prices otherwise fuck off

>add 20%
>free
>moms

Nigga wat

Get a better job if you want a livable wage. It's not my responsibility to pay your rent.

Bah, my gf is a waitress and she makes 10€ per hour.. It's really true that America lives on shoulders of the poors

I can't believe americans actually buy this shit, thank god in Europe anf elsewhere else people are not this dumb.

>imying anyone would willfully fuck with the IRS

>757669570
and there are plenty of places you can work where your livly hood isnt in the hands of people you are being fake to to serve them. I have worked in the resteraunt field as a cook and been around many waiters, waitresses. you people are fake as shit to the customer and talk mad shit about them when you are away from them. dont bitch about not being tipped or someone not tipping when the reality is your just as a shitty a person to them for your fake attitude as they are to you for not tipping what "YOU" think you should be getting.

Well yeah ideally this would be how it works but until then you do it that way or don't tip.

Britfag here so it doesn't tend to be an issue

Everyone loves to point out the wage of $3 an hour but a lot of the waiters at the resturants I frequent make well over $25/hour most nights. Thats good enough money for carrying food and filling drinks. I still too, but your argument ignores reality.

/thread

Right on.

They intentionally don't do that so the price looks cheaper.

It's a typical marketing technique that fucks over the staff for the sake of profit.

find a grown ass fucking job, or go to college

eurofag as well. I don't tip but I do leave change if it's less than an euro. :^)

Let's compromise. I'll pick up my own food at the restaurant and fill out my own drinks and Save, let's say, the $30 tip I have to leave when I go with a decent-sized group? Then all you Waiters get to be out of a job. Or, I will tip when I feel like you deserve it

I was never in food service but if u don't tip il view u as a cheap fuck who probably needs a real job

In Ontario, min wage for waiters is $12 (compared to $14 for a non-scum job), so I tip $2 because I only take an hour to eat.

I tip for decent service, tip large for great service but if I get substandard service I explain the faults to the server and point out that I won't be tipping. Had a waiter yesterday interrupted my conversation with my girl 2 separate times, just walked up to the table and started talking over me. I stopped him mid sentence and explained how rude it was, when he did it a second time he got no tip and a nice lecture at the end of the meal. I then tipped the server at the table next to us a 20 and said next time I'm there I want to sit in her section.

I would SO MUCH prefer to go to a restaurant where a Roomba or a trained monkey brings me my food, instead of some spotty over-entitled teenager.

>its the customer's job to pay the waiter's salary
Fuck off kike. Pay your own employees.

Here we go again - america is such a shithole country.
Your restaurants are heavily underpaying their waiters so that they have to rely on tips and you think COMPLAINING about people not tipping is what you should be doing?

Are you fucking retarded?
There are no mandatory tips in my country, everybody rounds up a little bit or not, nobody cares.

Or maybe your shitty country should pass some laws that servers get paid like human beings....you know like in the rest of the civilized world

Fucking boss, well done. I'm sure the help that frequent tbese threads will give you shit but they need to learn what it means to be a server.

This is so specific to the USA.

Dumb to have this “obligated to tip” system. Literally you just HAVE to tip and it’s rude if you don’t.

If the food is shit, the waiter is annoying, etc I won’t give you a fucking tip cause I don’t care to give you extra money. I’m already paying for something. If I don’t like the place I won’t fucking tip and you shouldn’t fucking complain about it.

This is exactly why I just ate at home when I lived in the USA. Most restaurants were shit quality and they expect you to tip no matter what.

Also, get a better fucking job if you’re this mad about people not tipping you. New flash: maybe some people don’t tip cause you suck at your fucking job. Food industry is terrible in the USA and if you’re gonna complain about it go get a different job you fucking idiots.

“HURR DURRR I GOT A JOB THAT I KNEW WOULD PAY INCONSITENTLY AND AM SURPRISED WHEN I GET PAID INCONSISTENTLY HURRR”.

If you agree to get payed less than minimum wage that's you fucking problem and basically you're retarded.

Dumb fuck you've obviously never worked in a restatement and your mommy daddy pay the tab every time...
Most restaurants have a tip pool.
When the Bartenders and servers get tipped it goes in the pool and a certain percentage gets broken off and goes to the busers, cook staff and dish washers.

Dishwashers and cook staff get paid more than servers.
How in the fuck would you get the food if not for the server? Guarantee, depending on where you work the cooks don't give a shit about bringing it to you. How in the fuck are you gonna get a drink refill if the server isn't getting tipped? Fuck your drink and when your finished you can just wait 15 minuets after I bring the check for me to come pick it up, and an extra 10 minuets once I got your credit card.
And if I ever see you again, I'll make sure your food comes out in a timely fashion, for sure good sir...

Fuck you, shit suckin' faggot.

Oh look someome trying to sound like they know what they are talking about but has obviously never worked in a restaraunt before. Eat my shit you fucking autist.

this may be only true for the USA. in my country, you only tip in really expensive restaurants.

>chipotle

Actually most people would happily go somewhere without waitstaff.

ahahahah
>you chose the job
>you accepted the salary offered
>expects me to make up your shitty salary
Get a real job.

>How in the fuck would you get the food if not for the server?

Gee I dunno, maybe you use your two fucking legs and walk to get the food?

I got a lots of barbecue joints that have no servers and much better food than a lot of places which do

He wants us to forget that's an option. I'd be fine with a jug of water at the table and having to go get my food when it was ready myself to save the $30 I have to tip this guy and his ilk for 4 people to eat one meal

>a nuisance

Coming from a customer that whines to wait staff about their food not being up to snuff.
Coming from a customer who needs and needs and needs, constantly.
Coming from the all important egotistical fuckwad who doesn't even have the courtesy to be pleasant.

You're the original nuisance
Adjust your attitude, Chad.

Here's an idea right

Instead of being smug cunts to people who go out to eat you instead take issue with the way the servers are paid and try to do something about it

If you're a server, why not do a different minimum wage job and send a message that this isn't an acceptable and you wont work under these conditions?

If you then choose to work under these conditions, or have no other prospects, take issue with the reason for those prospects (assuming you're someone who's just unfortunate)

There's a lot of places where tipping isn't the norm ya protestant bastard

Nobody has a problem with restaurant added gratuity because that is factored into the bill from the restaurant and by going there you've agreed to pay it. That's the more honest way to pass along the server cost

shut up and do your job slave

You didn't make the food.
You didn't address their needs.
You think the world revolves around you, and your shitty attitude is what left you without a tip.

You're literally the emo teenager version of a job.

I was a server. Then cook, now I'm in a real career so I'm a customer. I don't do it to be mean but I don't care if they take my advice or not. Btw, place is just a 20-30 a meal joint not fancy.

>Dishwashers and cook staff get paid more than servers.

Yes they do, because they have actual jobs like washing dishes and preparing food. Wait staff shouldn't get tipped because they don't fucking do anything. They carry a plate and forget to refill drinks, whoop de fuckin' do.

I don't tip because of preachy assholes like you

I live in Australia where tips aren't even needed if you go out to a restaurant because we actually pay our staff a reasonable wage. Tips are pooled and shared between all staff when given, so there is no unfair earnings.

Get on our fucking level ameritards

>going to restaurants where you need to tip in the first place

My taxes are paying for your welfare so shut up and be happy

>fuck up my meal

You know how much staff it took to make your "meal" happen? Your "meal" is the product of more than one person.
Just cause you see one face doesn't mean there aren't other faces.
BTW, if I could see your face, I'd probably roundhouse kick it in...

Food workers in US are shit tier and don't deserve tips, they mostly get them cause people don't enjoy boogers and cum in their food. Anyone that complains about not getting tips just hates their job, you cannot seriously expect the consumer to give a single shit about your living wage when the only thing they know about you is written on your name tag?

Get fucked server, time for a real job, no one gere gives a fuck about your poor career choice

You aren't entitled to a tip you piece of shit, i paid for what i fucking got on my plate and if thats not good enough then make your damn restaurant charge more instead of bitching about it on this website just because you're a poor motherfucker

Dont know where youre from, frankly dont care because america owns your country and cucks its every day

Pay for what you buy, tips are optional.
If you want a forced tip, raise the prices and give a fraction of the money to the people (separate from paycheck) wanting a tip. (Restaurant goys will never do this though)
Usually people don't decide not to tip before they eat, because they haven't even been served yet.

I never understood why people call people that don't tip "cheap", it's immature, unprofessional, and wrong, because they're paying for what they bought. A good server is just a bonus, and that's where your tip goes.

No, most people go to mc Donald's because they're lazy and cheap. You don't even have to get out of the car.
People go out to eat because they have jobs that pay them decent and they can afford to have professionals prepare their food for them.
You don't think, do you?

Their meal is what keeps your shithole job open in the first place, you should be grovelling for tips, you ain't no mastermind cause you can walk and carry shit my two year old can do that.

>if you can't afford to tip
oh i can afford it, i just don't
get a better job you begging filth

>implying serving isnt the only job OP can get cause they're completely useless

/thread

The tips don't pay the 'professionals' who make the food for them, they pay the people so unskilled they literally carry around plates for a living

this

>be OP
>be server
>be part of group too fucking retarded to form a rally and demand actual pay from their employers
>bitch every day about not making enough money
>demand it from customers
i kek'd

I have no skills, pay me more.

You should leave something.
Having to pack your food to go required me to stop a bunch of shit I was doing and make sure you had all the nesseseties. If you happend to pay for the to go order before I packed it up and brought it out to you, I'd see that and maybe you would be missing some napkins or a condiment.
If you wait ed to pay when I bring it out and you see everything is accounted for, there's no reason for you to not leave at least %5...

So people should be paid based on how skilled they are, instead of what they accomplish?

You don't even have to cook. You can still get restaurant food. Just get it carry out.

The only place this is some at is the us of a, not even developing countries try to pull off this shit

Don't fuck with people who fuck with your food...
You'll gain a reputation...
You don't want a negative reputation around the restaurant world. We talk.
And we never forget...