Shitty "art" thread

Shitty "art" thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bjjSc8oETvk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_(Duchamp)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Pollock
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Define “art” faggot
Who is to say this isn’t art?
Who are you to say what is a art?

I wanna shitpost... ;-;

Test

nigga thats a baby in a sandwich

art is something that takes time and effort, not just throwing bread, lettuce, and tomato on a doll. kek

Explain Duchamp and the Dada movement then

I would have gone with a nice crusty roll I think. And dijon, babies aren't all that flavorful actually. I call it the veal of human meats.

Who are you to say what is art?

this shit isn't art
that's just a baby with bread
try harder faggot

If the works took time, and look good then it is art. but if it doesn't take time and looks like shit, it isn't art

I’m not the one that called something shitty without asking the creator what the intent of the piece is

This is absolutely pathetic. Please when trashing on a subject, at least educate yourself upon it

I can almost guarantee everyone in this thread that posts art knows nothing about any of the contemporary art movements and nothing on the pieces they are posting

Don't spread ignorance, spend your time learning rather than circle jerking with other idiots

>cant post images on an image board
so this is the power of the hacker Sup Forums

Utter nonsense it what it was.
Back then it was easy ‘shock’. Wow! A toilet as an artistic piece??? Holy shit my mind is fucking blown to shit!
Try it now.

Think Bowie: a MAN? wearing MAKEUP???? FFFFUUUCKKK!
Marilyn Manson: WOAH! THATS SOME SPOOPY DEVIL SHIT.

We’ve all grown up.

youtube.com/watch?v=bjjSc8oETvk

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_(Duchamp)

I think the baby in a sandwich room more time and thought than ‘Fountain’

Who made you the deciding factor on what is art? That is one of the most kindergarten definitions of art ever spoken

Are you an artist? Do you know anything about art?

Explain Duchamp then

If any garbage can be considered art then why should art be valued at all?

It may of been shock to a certain extent, but certainly not entirely. Duchamp was thinking about the game differently than his peers, and that's why he is looked up to my so many creative people

what a FAGGOT

“the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.”
- Oxford dictionary
So how does the pic you posted not apply to this perfectly reasonable, accurate definition?

>reddit spacing
checks out

Because it’s supply and demand. If you’re stupid enough to give me the amount I say it’s worth then it is worth that much.

I did fine art at university (cringe i know)
My final piece was to be a performance piece. I’d totally checked out of the course. Final piece day comes.
I decide to brush my teeth as my performance.
I said it symbolised death and rebirth.
Tutors minds blown. Got an A.

I. Brushed. My. Fucking. Teeth.

MOST of the art world is full of the most pretentious, pious pricks you’ve ever met.

Have a quiet word with yourself.

Nigga Google it yourself, or take an entry level art class.

I'm not here to try to expand the minds of those who don't want to know anyway

because I don’t like it XD

>may of been
>certainly not entirely
>why he is looked up to my so many
That was painful to read. Learn to write, then maybe we'll understand your artsy-fartsy mumbo jumbo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Pollock

Anyone who likes this man's paintings need a postnatal abortion.

This is a discussion, I don’t want Google’s opinion of his crap art, I want people’s opinions that are here, taking part in this discussion. Why are you here? To tell me not to be here?

Because money laundering.

The only reason it's a shitty piece of art is because your a shitty artist

Not saying the art world doesn't have hacks in it, but a lot of what is going to be trashed on in this thread is actual thought provoking pieces.

*you’re

nothing of artistic value has been posted in this thread

/thread

>Fountain was rejected by the comitee
I wonder why

It appears you’ve missed the point entirely. Time to log off and get some fresh air kid.

me too lmao xD

>defends shitty art
>calls somebody else shitty art shitty art

are you even real?

Thinking 4chans for discussion

This site is for others to fight over differing opinions, and never reach any real conclusion

Your a good guy tho

shitty artists make shitty art

no one defended shitty art on this thread, they have merely tried to have the terms of “shitty” defined clearly

Art is supposed to have value - aesthetic, emotional or intellectual.

Clearly the baby sandwich has no aesthetic or emotion value to a viewer. Does it have intellectual value? You'd have to demonstrate that. Because it has none to me. Please wax poetic about the importance of the baby sandwich.

Honestly, it’s just nice to see a thread that isn’t about cumming or cum or how to cum or best ways to cum or roll to cum or try not to cum

I honestly think it's kinda pretty
Idk about conceptual yet

Kik

Kek*

Are you asking for serious art criticism or did you miss a large part of school dumbfuk?

Lel

But how can i be a shitty artist if it was considered ‘good’ art?

This is why the majority of people dislike abstract art. The majority gets that its nonsense. The minority thinks they’re the smart, superior ones for understanding it. I’ve seen both sides. Lived both sides.
The majority is correct.
The minority is a bunch of cunts that will probably never realise it.

Dumb fuck*

>look dis kind of bretty
kys

So when did you start taking coke?

It makes me sad because the baby might struggle to breath through the bread and we don’t know if it is allergic to lettuce or tomatoes.

>allergic to lettuce or tomatoes
kek

I think you replied to the wrong
‘Who are you to say what is art?’

I was being artistic and it went right over all the connoisseurs heads.

Also an artist and I fully concur.
Kek

I stopped after art school.

Finally an actual critique with merit

Just because you fooled some professors into thinking it was good, doesn't mean you have fooled yourself. Do you still make shit art just to fool your peers? I'd like to think most artists that have dedicated there life to their crafts couldnt live like that.

I like abstract art for the small details, the way the artists uses the paint. conceptually they can be interesting sometimes I gueeeessss

Art isn't objective you post modernist piece of shit nigger

Mental retardation. Art hasn't been good since photography was invented.

There’s your problem, you’ve obviously got an ego problem and you took an ego enhancer. Take some fucking lsd and mushrooms and learn to lose the ego and the self and discover true beauty in sincerity

I'm glad I'm a musician. At least with music you can tell when something sounds good and something doesn't. Even the "artsy" music like 4'33" is recognized as a meme, not taken very seriously.

No but being a fascist is

>fooled
>art

THATS THE FUCKING ART WORLD YOU PLEB

you’re so lost in your own importance. Theres no way out for you.

How about he takes no drugs and just gets drunk like a respectable human being

As much as i dislike contemporary "art" projects as much as the next guy, especially performance arts, but this definition is so archaic and ignorant, not even artists from pre-Renaissance could agree.
>if the works took time, and look good...
do you realize how arbitrary and subjective that statement is?
You judge art by relative technical aspects and creativity, not effort and "it looks good to me"

You just validated all the shit art you can find on DeviantArt, because to those OC-fucks and transformation-cucks definitly put time and effort into their shit, and to them it "looks good"

Erm. How about most modern jazz?

Hurr durr but alcohol is a drug in 3....2.....1....

Yeah, no one has ever argued over what music is good ever. Like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, everyone loved them both the same and got along swimmingly. Like the mods and the rockers who used to go have beach parties together in Brighton in the 60s and 70s. Like Justin Beiber who will sell more records than you’ll ever make with your music, but he is definitely better as the sales prove it.

Cringe

Low quality bait

Fellow art student here, pretty sure this is shill. Even if it's not this man wasted his education, on something he didn't believe in, which is even more sad

Any non European art is shit

Cringe

Yeah but i did loads of blow and fucked loads of artsy chicks.

Would it make you happy if I labelled it ‘an artistic project’?

you are nothing in life and work

>art
>education
Choose one

Art is first about the creator. If your puposely creating shit, why would you keep making it?

It's very rare to see something in a museum from a person under 30. Do you really think they would dedicate their life and live in poverty chasing absolute bullshit?

Why?

>you can tell when something sounds good
completely subjective, define "good"

If you found it art, go for it man.
What do you do now?

/thread

Free jazz and all of that improvisation that sounds like a mess is tricky to appreciate. Musicians can hear the practice put in by another musician by their playing ability. If somebody who hasn't practiced and perfected his music does free jazz, you can tell right away. When a talented musician plays, you can also tell right away. It's like Diego Rivera or Picasso, they were incredibly talented artists whom decided to paint differently, but their talent is clearly visible on the canvas. I dunno about baby samwich, though. I can't appreciate any talent there.

Snort loads of blow and fuck chicks.

Its an ongoing piece.

i wrote an essay on what is art and after 4 years at college and a further 6 at university i can honestly say the whole art world is pretentious as fuck and anything can be called art these days and most of it is completely shitty, so fuck you, you cunt. OP can say whatever he likes

Someone is angry they have a lot of education debt for nothing

He said it, but we are thinking it. Modern art is a huge front for human trafficking and drug trade.

What if I told you sandwich baby was an oil painting on hardwood oak?

The only true artist in this thread.

>beatles vs rolling stones
They have fans (see: fanatical) that aren't impartial or reasonable. They take their musical tastes and make it part of their identity.

>mods vs rockers
those were subcultures that were antagonistic towards each other by definition.

>beiber
He is talented, like it or not. He either sings well, or has a knack for songwriting, or someone is doing something right in the studio. Maybe he's not good anymore, but at some point in his career, he was a talented guy.

Kek

Then I would be mildly impressed, but turned off because I don't particularly like photorealism.

You got me. Why are you virtue signaling on a board that doesnt even have IDs?

I’ve seen this piece, my favourite part was where you start getting diseases from coke skanks and the quality of women slides downhill very fast. Oh I also liked the part where you sucked a dealers dick only to find out it was baking soda when you got home to snort it. Very powerful

the baby sandwich is the equivalent of a guy buying a toy xylophone and playing random notes, and calling himself a great musician. He might be a musician (expressing himself through music), but he lacks the practice/talent to be great. I bet he could be a great musician if he honed his toy xylophone skills.

where are you from?

test