Out-Of-Tune

Post any out-of-tune/non-standard tuning music here. Stuff like "The Scientist" by Coldplay or music played on old pianos is what I'm talking about
Example: youtube.com/watch?v=yA41KCTryA4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bhGwjgZ8zIY
youtube.com/watch?v=8re6rFj7q10
youtube.com/watch?v=CYyHfztkPUY
youtube.com/watch?v=fANTtBJoXcA
youtube.com/watch?v=Gt74cjrOXPE
youtube.com/watch?v=VZ5bS3_BCDs
youtube.com/watch?v=OOvH1j1RNig
youtube.com/watch?v=aRw9fCQIn6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMRUm_CoW-I
youtube.com/watch?v=I4Cp8XP66JM
youtu.be/ZMRUm_CoW-I?t=6m49s
youtube.com/watch?v=sHI2xyyH-CU
youtube.com/watch?v=23ImVLezV4c
youtube.com/watch?v=nJ7xnMtv7uw
youtube.com/watch?v=8Dhn_iIQXDE
youtube.com/watch?v=6AOn6hqj9uQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vwQxCi6pSEk&list=PLBJYcaB0IMrRm6cu5vzspSqvh6aWAdlDs&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=HbuFPpiJL1o
youtu.be/XaruOAMtgdc
youtube.com/watch?v=xVZy9GUeMqY
youtube.com/watch?v=aE_3n9tU1_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have a Renaissance piece written in 31-TET
youtube.com/watch?v=bhGwjgZ8zIY

the scientist is in non-standard? how so?

Try playing it on a piano. It's set a quarter step lower(higher?) than the actual key. Another example I know of is "Still Loving You" by Scorpions

Marvelous! Reminded me immediately of a microtonal keyboard
youtube.com/watch?v=8re6rFj7q10

There's tons of classic rock stuff that's not in "standard" whether they just tuned to one guy's instrument or if they slowed down the record slightly.

youtube.com/watch?v=CYyHfztkPUY
They tuned the guitar and mandolin to match up with the old piano.

youtube.com/watch?v=fANTtBJoXcA
You couldn't play along with this using in-tune piano/organ.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gt74cjrOXPE
Most Thin Lizzy tunes, outside of their huge hits, are in some grey area between E and Eb or Eb and D.

like half of the beatles' post-Rubber Soul studio work is like this because they copiously used modified tape speed to play with sounds

>Plays a microtonal keyboard
>Doesn't use any microtones
for what purpose?

Def Leopard - Photograph is a quarter step out some reason. Also a fuckin great tune.

youtube.com/watch?v=VZ5bS3_BCDs

You serious user? Haha... like every note in her stuff is not on 12 et. Work on your pitch acuity i guess..

What? That piece could be played on a regular keyboard there were no microtones.

Haha... uh no. Listen again. The whole thing is microtones. She uses 106 et. Maybe your hearing isn't very good or something. A lot of pitches are close to 12 et but the whole thing is full of microtones. Don't know what to tell you. Listen to the chord at 1:14. Very clearly not 12et.

Wait. Are you joking? The first three chord sequence is obviously not in 12 et.

The chord at 1:14 is comprised of the notes G, C, Bb, D, E you deaf twat.
The whole piece is using the 12 tone system, that's why it doesn't sound like shit.

Yes it is, it's obviously going down chromatically in fifths. Bb5, A5, G#5
Jesus Christ there are some plebs on this board

You have to be joking or deaf. The WHOLE FUCKING THING is microtones. The first three chord sequence is stepping in intervals less than half steps. You're just wrong... I think you really must be deaf.

youtube.com/watch?v=OOvH1j1RNig

No none of it is in microtomes, the intro are literally 5ths moving down in half steps.
You're either deaf or don't know what microtones are.

You just have horrible pitch acuity or are used to playing on a severely out of tune instrument or something. The whole thing is microtones. Don't know what to tell you.

Here's another one of her pieces. Maybe you'll be able to hear the non-12-et pitches. Take the chord change at 21-22 seconds for instance. Less than a half step. Very clearly.: youtube.com/watch?v=aRw9fCQIn6Q

It's all microtones. You have horrible pitch recognition. Here's a vid where she explains her approach to 106 et. Is she just lying? Is everyone who listens to her music just lying also? This is hilarious. You just can't hear...

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMRUm_CoW-I

Here is some actual microtonal music
As you see it sounds like shit
youtube.com/watch?v=I4Cp8XP66JM

youtu.be/ZMRUm_CoW-I?t=6m49s

At 6:49 in this vid she plays a few of the microtones she uses on the tonal plexus in order. Not half steps ya deaf dummy.

Yeah his music sounds like shit because he's a bad composer and using a tuning system that's less consonant than what Dolomuse does in 106 et.

>It's all microtones
Wow, I could understand arguing that a note here or there is outside the 12 tone system, but the whole thing? Even an obvious diatonic chords like at 40 seconds?
Fucking retarded. I'm convinced you're a troll now.

She composes using the concepts of 12 et harmony but she uses 106 et for tonal "color". Every time you see her playing a note that's not on the center of the tonal plexus collumn, it's not a 12 et pitch. Just watch 6:49 in the vid here:

So basically her compositions are in basic western harmony, but she plays them with microtonal notes that are so minutely out of tune of the basic 440Hz scale that it just sounds like a basic piece played on a slightly out of tune instrument?
lmao, whats the fucking point?
Plus that square wave sound she uses doesn't help. Like a distorted guitar, is anyone going to notice the difference between 440Hz and 442Hz?

It sounds completely different. You just have horrible hearing as we've already discussed.

>is anyone going to notice the difference between 440Hz and 442Hz
Not you apparently. LOL

>implying you would hear a difference if the title of the video didn't tell you there is suppose to be one

The difference is obvious. The intro chord sequence we talked about for instance is not a chromatic step down and that's VERY EASY to hear if you're not a hearlet. I hope you're 13 and just inexperienced, otherwise this is sad.

Animal collective - feels

Indian classical
Medieval music
Arabic music

>*Plays minor 7th chord on guitar with old strings*
>"Dude, Microtaonal masterpiece lmao"

>can't hear
>sour grapes instead of learning a lesson like an adult
>no one was surprised
Thank you for teaching me a lesson about the kind of people who are on Sup Forums.

Pic related - good tier microtonal synth album.

Microtonal string quartet, built on octatonic chords that descend by quarter tone:
youtube.com/watch?v=sHI2xyyH-CU

31-Tone Fokker Organ:
youtube.com/watch?v=23ImVLezV4c

>DUDE BASIC CHORDS ON SLIGHTLY OUT OF TUNE INSTRUMENTS
>ONLY PLEBS DON'T GET IT
>IT'S NOT CHROMATIC BECAUSE THE SECOND CHORD WAS 1HZ SHARPER THAN A FULL STEP, GET YOUR EARS CHECKED

Im digging king gizzard these days.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=efZ-8EbFWic

I love this album

>nobody's posted LMY's Well-Tuned Piano
plebs leave

I believe that's just post production, to make it fit the singers voice better or something along those lines
I wouldn't call it non-standard tuning
If that was the case, this would be non-standard too, tried playing with my guitar but it was out of tune with the song (I tuned it with a tuner)
youtube.com/watch?v=nJ7xnMtv7uw

youtube.com/watch?v=8Dhn_iIQXDE

Robert Smith would tune E strings slightly flat on his guitars

Maybe you should read about things like just intonation. Temperament can deviate considerably from 12 equal without being completely different from conventional Western music theory. Yes it does sound different. No it's not out of tune. 12 equal is what's out of tune.

nigga you deaf as fuck and have no idea what microtonal music is supposed to sound like

very small intervals in the Wait Until Dark film score (although it's otherwise conventional)

youtube.com/watch?v=6AOn6hqj9uQ

those zelda tunes were nice : )

dude you're bitching about the entire point of this type of music. you're either deaf or stupid or both. i would've said that anyone could hear how that music is different from the traditional 12 tone style but i guess that's not true.

incidentally i really enjoyed that video

also Ben Johnston

youtube.com/watch?v=vwQxCi6pSEk&list=PLBJYcaB0IMrRm6cu5vzspSqvh6aWAdlDs&index=1

and Easley Blackwood
youtube.com/watch?v=HbuFPpiJL1o

this is 11 equal if you're looking for something weird
youtu.be/XaruOAMtgdc

That just changes absolute pitch, not relative intervals (which are logarithmic so the relationship is preserved).

This. By such a broad definition the entirety of Suede's album Coming Up would count.

Why is it so hard to find Wendy Carlos's stuff?

she gets everything taken down

Even to buy, though?

I think shit's just out of print.

This is really fuckin pretty

bumping with more microtonal shit

youtube.com/watch?v=xVZy9GUeMqY

thanks, man, I clicked for renaissance and got an interesting surprise.

This is a neat song. The guitar is tuned 2 whole steps down.
youtube.com/watch?v=aE_3n9tU1_Q