Literally how is this show better than TBBT?

Literally how is this show better than TBBT?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Il_asp-0lq4
youtube.com/watch?v=8qd_CX01sYg
youtube.com/watch?v=8k2AbqTBxao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll be the first to admit The Big Bang Theory is written by nerds for nerds and is very smart, but I can see how people hate the fucking laugh track god damn

It's British

Are you kidding me?

It's not.

It actually has funny dialogue and unique characters.

In TBBT you laugh at nerds, in The IT Crowd you laugh with them.

>literally

>by nerds for nerds
There is nothing in that shitty show that isn't a fucking Google away, and half of it is fucking wrong anyway and they can't even reference a single fucking anime title despite namedropping capeshit. And the science in it is hilariously bad, they know their dumb audience won't know what the fuck they are talking about so they can just throw terms into dialogue wherever they like

>Smart
youtube.com/watch?v=Il_asp-0lq4

No.

The IT crowd's characters are all idiots, I'm pretty sure the intention is to laugh AT THEM.

>X says or does something quirky
>lol how silly of him!
It's really no different to TBBT in that regard.

the characters are just better, and they didn't try to force a bunch of new ones, they stuck to the main 3 or 4 characters all the way. plus every joke isn't just HAHA HE SAID BIG COMPUTER WORD

also they knew when to stop.

>The Big Bang Theory is written by nerds for nerds
What the fuck are you talking about? It just makes fun of nerd stereotypes, and common ones at that. It panders to everyone who laughs at nerds, and to the people who want to be trendy by fitting into the most basic idea of nerds. I mean nerds could find it funny too, but it certainly isn't made for them at all.

>implying
Stupid normie fucks were misunderstanding Schrodinger's god damn cat since before the show, but the show exacerbated the problem

It's better in every way

>generic meme characters in a generic jewmerican meme sitcom format

versus British originality absurdism

Idk OP m8, you're probably a turbo pleb

I think he meant IT Crowd lads.

i like this show

decided to watch the first episode last year and ended up marathoning the whole series in one go

good stuffs

did the same thing with spaced too
i was never one for british "comedy" but those two shows are good

any other recs? british shows that are like spaced and the i.t. crowd?

>Teacher played a scene in class for some reason
>Jokes start
>People laugh
>Joke keeps going
>Less and less people laugh
>One guy is losing his shit over this
>Every joke is hitting its mark perfectly for this guy
>Joke is: "Sheldon don't do that"
>"But Leonard its scientifically proven by the professors at harvard that thermodynamic reactions to the flex inibitor of the pectorus flemencus will cause--"
>"NO"
>"Fine..."

More expressive acting. And I'm not just talking about Matt Berry. Jen has quite a few moments of stressing out.

Cinematic parodies and visual comedy.
>Dat Dr. Zhivargo scene

Way, waaaaay less dependent on "reference you recognize" and comedy is actually based on the situation. Reference humor is the laziest form of humor, I mean I watch Family Guy, but I admit it's not "good' or "clever" or "original in any way". But getting back to the IT Crowd, you'll be surprised how much more comedy they could wring out because it was set in a IT department rather than just smooshing a bunch of nerd stereotypes into the same format as Friends, which was a terrible sitcom to begin with.

And those Noel Fielding cameos... fuck those were funny!

I can't tell if this is a boy or girl. He's very cute if it's a male

Lyle is on the same level as TBBT.

Joke in TBBT
>NERDREFERENCE AND NERDS BEING NERDSLMAO

Joke in IT-Crowd
>Ridiculously absurd situations in office environment happen to geeky guys and a high strung woman

The difference really is the type of humor.
A lot of what makes humor work is the surprising and unexpected.
TBBT is a really A-typical sitcom where you can see the punchline coming as soon as they set up the joke.
IT-Crowd is spends a lot of time either subverting your expectations or exaggerating the outcome to a degree you wouldn't anticipate.
(The gay musical episode is a great example of that.)

>He's never seen Freaks and Geeks

>hay peny
>wat sheldor
>8 bits!
>uh ok?
>BAZOOPER

Did you see that ludacris display, last night?

I'M DISABLED!

>A fire? At a SeaParks?

>I'M DISABLED!

Also, humor in ITC is built during the whole episode. For instance, Roy meets Allistair, who thinks he's above him, then he happens to get that bicicle from the guy and we see him 15 minutes trying to explain that he's not a windows cleaner. Even in front of an actual windows cleaner who was doing him a favor. And the joke ends in Roy saying "Mac? No, we work with Windows". The whole plot line of the characters inside the episode is a joke by itself.
In TBBT the characters have plot lines, but they are mostly just their daily life with random insipid jokes thrown out in the middle. You can watch half an episode and you don't miss anything, because there's no cohesion in the things that happens to the character.
In short, ITC is a well crafted show about seemingly random occurrences coming together and happening for a reason; TBBT is a shallow accumulation of random jokes that are only about the character's quirks, most of them not that funny to begin with.

I'd play along, but it aggravates my Cockney neck.

>War on Stress

>DUDE NORMAL PEOPLE ARE BAD AT COMPUTERS LMAO

Hilarious. Comedy fucking gold.

That guy was so fucking funny. I was pissed as hell when they offed him and thought "damn, the series won't be as funny anymore". Then pic related happens. Best entrance ever?

every male character on the big bang theory is moss

Jen is not supposed to be better or cooler than the IT guys. Penny is.

the nerd jokes on the big bang theory are not absurd/surreal enough to not be cringy

YOU'VE GOT MAD FEET JEN!

american """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""humour"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>they can't even reference a single fucking anime title

There was one exception.

It's well known enough though that simply namedropping it isn't worth much cred, despite being a legitimately patrician series that relatively fewer people followed in full or even saw much more of than a few episodes of the old dub.

To be honest even some SNL sketches are quite nerdier than TBBT.
Also, TBBT is not written by nerds. It has two or three nerds there to insert nerdy jokes, but that's about it. The core of the series is pretty much not nerdy at all.

I've talked to people who believe this show is intelligent humor.

How can one man be as based as Chris Morris?

>It's got a pronunciation guide or, PRONNNUNNCEEEAAATIONN GUYYDE

Haha, looks like the same girl in both profiles.

in every way retard

jfc. what the fuck is wrong with you americans?

Black Books

what show is this?

some american show about american things

Father TED

speak pRRRiest!!

>Cinematic parodies and visual comedy.
Hell, one of the episodes was basically one massive Close Encounters reference.

that's her boyfriend, he is quashing her delusions

It's not. It's every bit as formulaic and stilted.

> by nerds for nerds
> nobody on show is a nerd
> entire audience are non-nerd normies

IT Crowd is way fucking funnier

Even just seeing these jokes again for the 10 millionth time I'm still fucking laughing. Good God IT Crowd was so good.

> it's always sunny in philadelphia
> 5%

My heart is broken

>TBBT
>Smart

what the hell is that

there is someting wrong with america

>Parks and Rec
>Always sunny
>5%
Fuck me sideways.

God this show is literally worse than people say

thats depressing, and from a few years ago i wonder what the results would be like now if they change at all

You're the worst

The Big Bang Theory is unironically the worst show on television.

I think less of anyone who actually airs their fondness of this """show""".

Both are shit. Though, even though it's better, I find the IT Crowd cringier.

is irish

Wasn't she the one who did the slam peotry thing on Sup Forums and the baked a cake or some shit with her retard boyfriend ina red jacket?

/blog

Fuck you! I'm downloading this now! This better be fucking good, asshole!

Moss and Roy are idiots, but they are reliable idiots. They are kinda authentic nerds.
TBBT "nerds" bang 8+/10 women. Go figure.

>Literally
I don't think there's any real way to use that word in this sentence.

Also, the IT Crowd is better because it is aware that its characters are utter bastards.

Why in the fuck is Criminal Minds so popular? It's the epitome of procedurals and everything wrong with them.

IT crowd was funny and at times well structured, BBT is not.

I'm not sure if I'd enjoy fapping to this or if it'd just make me sad.

You could do exactly the same clip with this:
youtube.com/watch?v=8qd_CX01sYg

>ubuntu sticker

pleb

I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT IT!!!

>you will never play street countdown

Actually is English. Produced by Channel 4, RTE rejected it.

>when you have to post twice from the insecurity of getting called out
>i.e
i fucking hate women so much

Isn't parks and rec normie/reddit tier?

First season was an office clone, second season was kino. Season 3+ were as you say reddit.

Thx I'll check it out

it's Dr. Sweets m8

Reminder that IT Crowd and Black books writer is SJW

Reminder that Arthur Mathews carried him. Toast of London is infinitely better than anything Linehan has done post-Ted.

Found the chink.

because PLOPPERS

I dated a girl who clearly took advice from this shit. Glad I bailed and she went crazy

-"Excuse me"

-"Yes miss"

The IT Crowd is a better show in every single way. OP is bait

Because the jokes are actually clever

what the hell is this shit.

>during the credits
>Moss cleaning up
>all the staff say goodnight to him

favourite episode of any series.

Roy and Moss are a couple of losers working in a basement. Jen thinks she's better than them but she isn't.

TBBT on the other hand suffers from, among other things, that american problem of making all the characters super successful. The nerds in TBBT aren't losers, they're top scientists in their fields and one goes to space and they all have successful relationships etc.

He has a very good point.

Stephen Fry had a great answer to the question about the difference between American and British humor.

youtube.com/watch?v=8k2AbqTBxao

>IT Crowd

>Black Books

>Father TED

>Big Train
>Hippies
>Additional material for Brass Eye

Who is the saviour of British comedy, and why is it Graham Linehan?