Hot shot > Top Gun

Hot shot > Top Gun

hot shots 2 > wet shit > hot shots

>wet shit > hot shots
Off yourself pleb

You must be at the top of your fucking class.

let me guess, you loved tropic thunder too?

what make you think so ?

Hot shots > pretty much all parody movies except for Airplane

have you seen any other parody movies?

Have you seen Top Secret? Perhaps not as good as Hot Shot but better then Airplane

I've got to admit I like the sequel better, Charlie Sheen running into Martin Sheen in an Apocalypse Now parody, amazing.
I think the first half was pretty good, it's a neat concept having a bunch of sheltered actors in a life or death situation, completely oblivious to the danger they're in, and it could have been done well. If they'd played the guerrilla's straight to keep up the feeling that there was a real threat I think it would have been much more effective, but instead they make them comically over the top, which coupled with Ben Stiller going full Ben Stiller makes the last act quite unbearable.

I can't watch this anymore after I found out that Charlie Sheen raped Corey Haim

problem with the first one is they seem to think their audience is a bunch of young or retarded children. They set bar a little higher on the 2nd

it's my favorite genre

so you find the really dumb stuff funny or you're appreciating it ironically? the only laughs I got from hots shots were from lloyd bridges

ironically. I love twisting everything to find its funny side, and normally when I'm watching movies, serious as they may be, I keep thinking of ways to do it.

Some films really make it easy though.

No no no Not this shit again!!
why many good things always end up like this!
anyway just think Charlie Sheen in the movie is another person "Topper" Harley

Hot Shots 2 is kino

>that scene on the boat where they shoot the crate of jalapenos and the entire boat explodes
it's shit like that which makes the movies so funny. Nowadays comedy is just improvised fart jokes and oh look I dropped the foreskin in the soup!

this
there are ways to make fun of good movies that don't involve fart jokes

>Scary Movie 3
>everyone's armed with shovels
>one of them reloads it like a shotgun
>no laugh track
>no zoom in with somebody pointing it out
>not overdrawn and "hilarious"
movies need to learn subtlety again.

hol up, so you tellin me you can be alive and dead at the same time?

Hot Shots Part Deux>Top Gun>Hot Shots
If it wasn't for Lloyd Bridges, the original Hot Shots would be Spy Hard-level shite.
Top Gun is ace, Part Deux is mint.

yeah, parody movies peaked a long time ago

Anybody got recommendations of recent parody movies the same quality of those mentioned in this thread?

Or is all hope lost?

>the two guys from 2.5 men starred together 15 years before

cool

didn't you know?

Wings>all