On the 10th of December I was on my way home with my boyfriend and our friend, and ended up getting into a wreck...

On the 10th of December I was on my way home with my boyfriend and our friend, and ended up getting into a wreck. Our friend was drunk, so I was driving his car, and he said he looked up and thought I was going off the road so he grabbed the wheel and overcorrected me. I ended up hitting a tree going 55/60mph. Thankfully my boyfriend and our friend were both fine, just a few bruises, but I was pinned in the car and ended up being life flighted. In the flight they lost my pulse and had to do compressions.. So on top of a broken pelvis, eye socket, sacrum, wrist, and femur, my ribs were then broken too. I spent a month in the hospital, and now that I'm home I have HHC come out and help me with walking etc. So my question would be- has this happened to any of you? And if so how long did it take for you to be able to walk without a walker?
Pic related- my pelvis x-rays.

Bump!
Anyone? Also, anyone with a rod in their femur get it taken out eventually?

One more bump.. ):

Show tits. If gay post dick.

Looololololololollll... No.

yea happened 2 me few months back when i took 5 tabs of acid then decided to drive i broke my skull in 3 different places and part of my brain was removed, i feel more intelligent now.

Well I tried, btw I do rehab in a sports medicine and orthopedic hospital.

Maybe they removed the part that was damaged by acid haha. Kidding. I remember trying to drive on acid.. all the lines on the road started blending together so I had to pull over and let someone else drive. It was just too confusing.

You're drunk friend sounds like a shit head. Hope recovery is going well for you.

So do you have any input on how long it will take before I'm able to walk without a walker? And do people typically get rods taken out of their femurs, or is it there for good?

Also post tits please

I think they get taken out eventually, as they would interfere with cat scans and airports. Unless you can't afford it or don't want it taken out.

She can't Sup Forums is broken

Your recovery period is all based around nerve damage and how well you adjust to your PT regimen.

As for the rods people start to look at getting them removed within a year, it all depends on how your body is reacting to the metal and how the are has responded to healing. Screws and other hardware typically a little more permanent but sometimes those can get swapped for non metal pieces at some point. Cannot say without knowing the extent of damage and how the procedure went.

I second this.

I broke 3 teeth on dec 16 in a car crash ... Insurance was amazing!

>driver says "i only had 2 beers"
>ok its just a mile away
>in back seat
>going down a hill
>driver is acting funny
>starts nodding off
>stupid fuck thank you for this
>crash head on into tree
>fall out of car and drag myself to side of the road
>cant even fucking walk
>amberlamps bring me to hospital
>dilaudid
>surgery
>rods in my leg

took me 9 months to move from walker, to light cane, then to nothing.
but now Im addicted to oxycontin.

As of right now all my bills came out to like 80k and they keep coming in. I just stayed on my dad's insurance and would send him money to pay my half, but I justtt turned 26 so I got kicked off his insurance.. so now I'm dealing with that mess. Since I can't work I don't have much of a choice but to file for Medicaid and hope they can back pay..

new girl who was in serious accident as child. had to have her jaw wired shut. she said it helped her give deepthroat head in future. she got huge settlement and bought a house, married, had a kid. husband beats her but i'm sure she gives some killer blowjobs.

fin

Tits or gtfo

I had just gotten out of rehab a month before the accident. In for heroin. I was doing really well for the first time ever! Seeing a therapist weekly, hitting up NA meetings, even joined a women's group my therapist suggested- which really isn't my scene, but it wasn't too bad. It kept me busy. Wake up from coma on fentanyl, then methadone and oxycodone.. since all I can really do is lay around my mind races.. It keeps going back to heroin and I really really really don't want to go back down that path. I've wasted years of my life nodding out on my couch..

Maybe your friend was on opiates too since he was nodding out? Or just tired, haha.

shot myself in the calf while kinda drunk and high on painkillers when i was dared by a friend. at the moment it hurt like a bitch but after a minute i could barely feel it other than the blood. (9mm bullet) next day i realize my leg is fucked and go to hospital. they X-ray it and see that i hit my fibula and destroyed that shit. had surgery to remove bullet and get everything back in line. couldnt walk for a couple weeks but they doped me up something good so i was happy. still get painkillers to this day that i barely need but my doc is chill so he dont care writing the refill. on another occasion i damn near cut my pinkey off with a fillet knife while filletin cat fish. looked away for a second while still workin and i look down and see blood. inspect pinkey (doesnt hurt cuz knife was so sharp) and see its cut deep on the knuckle and then i bend my finger to see my tendon the cartilage and bone cool shit if you ask me. i didnt go to the hospital for this one as i had no medical insurance at the time but i got some after becuz i realized i can get hurt all the time. just put a butterfly stitch on it and then made a splint with 2 pop cicle sticks and tape. i can barely move the finger cuz i cut the tendon a bit i guess.

ill post a pic of scar with a time stamp. both scars are more than 7 years old with the bullet being the newest. so dont expect much.

Even if they don't get taken out, they don't interfere. First of all, you're thinking of an MRI, not a CAT scan. Secondly, rods and plated that are surgically implanted are made of titanium, so as not to interfere with these things.
t. guy with a plate in his skull

It is not because you are a women that you could have not prevent by force the hijack of your steering. But maybe a men could not have prevent it, stop act like you have no muscle.

>amberlamps

I didn’t really care when Paul walker died so I was still able to walk

I don't remember a single thing about that entire day. I was just told by the person who grabbed the wheel, that he grabbed the wheel. When you're driving do you usually grip it as tight as you can the entire time?! I probably had one hand on the wheel, he grabbed it, and I tried to get back on the road but couldn't and hit a tree. Plus there was snow/ice on the roads so I probably slid like a motherfucker. This is all an assumption though, because like I said- I don't remember a single thing. That entire day is wiped from my memory, along with the first week and a half/two weeks at the hospital.

I've been having trouble posting pictures, so good luck!

>yo you brain dead niggy?

I was super forgetful and confused at first but it's gotten a lot better! I'm still a little forgetful, but doctors said with time it'll get better. I actually had them cancel my occupational therapy because I don't really need it anymore.

>shot myself in the calf while kinda drunk and high on painkillers when i was dared by a friend.

holy fuck you are dumb

KYS fuck-tard

>be me
>spinal injury leaves me almost paralyzed
>can't feel anything from thighs down but still have some motor control
>two spine surgeries in the hopes of relieving pressure on spinal cord
>1 week laid up in hospital
>prognosis not so good
>doctor casually mentions I'll go home when I can walk out
>go apeshit with my pt recovery
>see passed the pain
>literally will my legs to work right
>doctors say they've never seen anything like it
>1 week later I'm ambulating with a walker
>get released
>steady progress after that
>walking on my own after 3rd week

I was in a crash about 9 years ago and didn't receive any physical injuries, but I did bash my skull open and managed to get a TBI. Took a minute to get back on my feet after that.
>Hit solid object at 70mph with no seatbelt
>Airbag deployed and I bounced up over it, smashing my head in the roof of the cab splitting my noggin open
>EMT said brain was visible when they arrived

Was in a coma for a few