vocaroo.com/i/s1U2KiklasON
vocaroo.com/i/s1ZkroWfh7BZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally all of them

Even Government Plates?

Because I like government plates too

top 10 anime plot twists

Bottomless Pit fampai

mmm gonna have to go with GP. there's no better album to blast on your car speakers at the dead of night while going 80 on the highway

This one, man. I never grow tired of it, it's almost perfect.

As an album experience it is just far and away ahead of the others, in my opinion. It's also incredibly strong on a song to song basis, I'd say half of the songs are their all time best material.

bump

Bottomless Pit aka the true patrician's pick

>Has most accessible tracks
>Patrician

that's only half an album you fucking retard

that's the fucking plebest opinion ever on DG. Zach's drumming on their later albums alone makes them better

Get Got got me into death grips, so when I want to at least appear sociable, I play The Money Store.

My real favorite is Niggas on the Moon though.

> tfw I got introduced by a rust meme where a guy ran around playing takyon

NO LOVE DEEP WEB
:)

This

IT'S HALF AN ALBUM

for fucks sake why the hell is everyone retarded??

It's as if you said your favorite Smashing Pumpkins album was Dawn to Dusk. You are retarded.

NLDW seems the most interesting and noided to me. I like aesthetics on Government Plates, it's like a complete story, that we will never understand fully, it's fragmented I think. The most strange DG album

Jenny Death is like orchestral death grips

>he thinks Niggas on the Moon and Jenny Death are connected in any way beyond marketing

>he doesn't appreciate the way they complement each other when you listen to them back to back as you would any other double album

Maybe you weren't around by then but NotM did not have a counterpart for almost a full 11 months after its release. It is only normal that people judge it as a standalone release, Jenny Death wasn't even recorded by the time Notm came out. Now you might say that that's irrelevant since what counts is the format they were published under, but even then, the two parts of TPTB are so conceptually and sonically different that it is very well validated to judge them both as separate releases.

Notm is their best. Government Plates is second. All of them are good.

No, you are retarded.

They are one album and you should judge it as one album. I've been on DG since the beginning, I'm just not a retard that can't comprehend how different sounding discs could belong to the same project. It's retarded. By themselves they have a different value than they do together so ranking them separately destroys the integrity of the rankings. There's a fucking reason they are together.

In that case
notm>JD>TPTB

same

vocaroo.com/i/s0JVBcBMuBgI

holy shit guy fucking kys will you

vocaroo.com/i/s0iXr7a8folR

lol not listening to you u autist

vocaroo.com/i/s1U2KiklasON

we gotta split TPTB into the two parts cause if we count it as one project, its no content against any other project by death grips: the thread

truly goat

thats a complete non-sequitor. there's no contest because TPTB is clearly the best album and debates should be over the second best album.

>First lyric of NOTM
>I'll take my life like I kept it
>last lyric of JD
>All those nights I don't die

have a sad cum also

The Money Store. Feel like it's their most cohesive yet song-by-song distinctive album. They really mastered the symbiosis of electronic sounds, rock, and hip-hop here, and all of their later works built on the back of TMS' balance. While it isn't as "out there" as some of their other work, it's still signature Death Grips. Also "Hacker" is a Top 50 song ever recorded.

Agreed. Two parts combined have just too many great songs, but although JD has all 3 of my favorite DG songs, it's somewhat inconsistent

Imagine being with your head this deep your ass

Blackmen Atop The Lunar Orb

this

Good to see the boys repping it a little more in their newest live set. For the longest time it was treated like the red-headed stepchild of the discography, I'll never not be salty that they didn't even make one video for it.

you are retarded. there is no fucking reason to separate the album into 2 parts in album rankings.this is bullshit. Just because it's the best album doesn't mean you need to separate it, it just means it's the best because it has 'too many' great songs. You are belittling DG's accomplishments by destroying the actual value the album has.

Hey dumbass, it's half an album.

I pretty much fall in love with each new project. I think GP is their best, but I've listened to TMS the most, and BP just has everything I could want from a death grips album. NLDW is crazy underrated and Exmil has somw of their best tracks.

Do you react like this if someone says Speakerboxx is their favourite Outkast album?

I feel this way but they released them like 18 months apart. They weren't recorded in the same sessions.

What's the most underrated Death Grips project? Their first EP and Interview 2016 get slept on too much.

that doesnt make them 2 separate albums. plenty of albums, in fact most are recorded in multiple sessions at different times

How many double albums are separated into two differently sounding projects? They were recorded and mixed entirely in half. It's not like they pick and chose a few tracks from both. They conceptualized each seperately and their youtube page has them seperated. It doesn't mean that it's not a double album, but to ignore how different they are is to not give them credit for the artistic direction each has.

NOTM is overrated here though.

day loop 06/darko drum 12 is the only answer. I'd be willing to bet more than a few fans still don't even know they exist, the means by which they emerged being as weird and obscure as it was.

Runner up is Live From Death Valley.

>listen to exmilitary
>holy shit it's awesome
>try to get into later albums
>not really into it at the first time

Am I a tastelet?

I hear this a lot, ExM really is distinct from their later output.
Try the EP (Next Grips/Full Moon/Face Melter) if you haven't already.

you'll get there, i used to listen to exmilitary almost exclusively but i came around to the rest later on

No, Death Grips suck dick. They made one good mixtape (Exmil) and then literally nothing even close as good.

one album is called niggas on the moon and the other album is called jenny death

Double albums often have different names for each disc, try again retard

this is the most redundant and retarded argument i've seen in my life, you people are the reason Sup Forums is in the shitter

TPTB is like SOADs Mesmerize/Hypnotize. They were made to complement each other, yes, but are still capable of standing alone on their own merits.

Do double albums have different titles for each disc, as well as different releases for each disc, as well as different artwork for each disc, as well as different instruments and style for each disc? recorded in entirely different studios for each disc, 8+ month gap between releases of both discs, different label for both discs?

there was only one release, it's called The Powers That b. Go show me the store where you can buy just Jenny Death or Niggas on the Moon. As for the artwork, yes packaging for different discs exists. The titles we already went over As far as different instruments, styles and recording times, now of that makes it separate albums. Why are you guys so fucking dumb you can't understand someone using different sounds on the same album?

Hacker is great and the "bangers" are all top notch for what they are, but the album is still kind of pedestrian by DG's standards. TMS is an industrial-pop record.

Everything after (except BP) plays a lot more with song structure and concepts.

>now
none

The Money Store > Exmilitary > The Powers That B > NO LOVE DEEP WEB > Bottomless Pit > Government Plates

Nope, there were 2 releases. niggas on the moon released on thirdworlds.net in june 2014, and The Powers That B released March 2015 on Harvest.

what did they say when they released it?

they said explicitly that it was half an album. if you want to cite thirdworlds as a release date then you also have to acknowledge the information with that release that told you it was only part of an album.

There is no fucking way you can say it's two albums. it's one album.

It's two albums. One of them is called niggas on the moon and it released 2014.

the other album, which is another album is called Jenny Death and it released 2015.

The Powers That B is the fourth studio album, and first double album, by experimental hip hop group Death Grips. The album's first disc, Niggas on the Moon, was released as a free digital download on June 8, 2014.

One album. You are a retard.

The Powers That B > No Love Deep Web > Government Plates > Bottomless Pit = The Money Store > Exmilitary
Wrong

Exmilitary for me too. Beware goes hard.

so when an artist releases a single that's on an album ahead of an album, should we forever rank that song as a separate album?

this is the first acceptable ranking ITT

hmm, so the 2014 project is called upmysleevesbillynotreallyblackquarterbacksayheykidhaveasadcumfuckmeoutvoilabigdipper and was a 31 minute single?

It wasn't it's own project, under its own title, with its own artwork, release, production and concept?

>it wasn't it's own project
Correct, the band stated it was part one of The Powers That B, making it just a part of one whole project.

I love how people bring up the artwork too. One one thing, it wouldnt even matter if the art was different, but as it is the artwork is a pretty clear indication they are connected.

>One
For

Death Grips intended for people to listen to Jenny Death 11 months after NotM, so if you listen to them side-by-side you are wrong, but if you forget and listen to NotM again before 11 months are up then you have to reset the clock and resume waiting once more.

It's two albums in all things but official release.

Any nuanced individual, ie non-autist would recognize it as such. It's less to do with concept and more to do with working out a deal with the label. notm was self-funded, recorded and made in their own studio using their own equipment, JD was recorded at sunset sound.

Stop pretending you know the inner workings of the band. The band called it a double album and one complete project. This is what we know for sure. You're just speculating and assuming your conclusions are facts. Stop being stupid.

20 minutes later I'm still trying to find a Death Grips track that doesn't suck dick, what the fuck is wrong with you people

>It's less to do with concept and more to do with working out a deal with the label.
you have no fucking reason to think that. you have no idea what DG's intentions were or why they did what they did, you only know that they decided to make a double album and that it's one album.

Maybe it's just not a style of music that immediately appeals to your expectations, user.

I've been seeing a lot of dissent on here so I'll speak the truth

NOTM is half of an album but the other half is government Plates

I rarely ever see TPTB mentioned as an album. It's understood that notm and JD are separate even though they're supposed to go together as a "double album". Such a pointless argument anyway.

JD is my favorite by far and notm is the album I like the least.out of everything they've done. They're so different. polar opposites

This man ACTUALLY knows what he's talking about.

Remember how Death Grips refused to speak out about what Government Plates actually was? They wouldn't call it an album or a mixtape or an anything, it was a series of videos set to music, a visual piece. niggas on the moon is its opposite, it's music set to no visuals whatsoever.

The label probably had a double album worked out long before the release of notm, and originally GP and NOTM was meant to be the physical release containing the 2. But given the poor reception and word of mouth around GP that didn't happen.

The entire "it's one album!" discussion is so dumb and fueled by autism. Yes, sure, of course, it's a double album titled The Powers That B. We've known that since 2014, I don't think anyone is truly out to dispute it.

But I'm still going to rank NotM on its own as better than most of their other records, because that's my opinion. Sometimes, individual parts of records have value in their own right. If I wanted to, I could rank Whatever I Want as on a separate tier from the rest of GP, but I don't because that wouldn't be a convenient unit of separation. NotM and JD on the other hand, being multi-song blocks with their own titles, are very convenient units.
If I'm doing something as easy and meaningless as ranking the albums on a Chinese flipbook imageboard, I can actually do it however I want. By all means, go to your grave incensed about this, but it's not going to piss on Death Grips' legacy if my ranking of their music doesn't comply to their own organisational principles.

it's fucking amazing how people just can't comprehend an album having different sounds on it.

retarded.

I go through phases really, since you can kind of split their discography into catchy rap (Exmilitary, TMS, Bottomless Pit, JD sort of) and abstract rap with more focus on the beats (NLDW, GP, NOTM and the new EP)

Currently it's Government Plates

t. Sub 80 IQ

fans with 140 IQ can intuit the truth.

There's nothing abstract or articulate about Crouching Tiger Hidden Gabber. It is very much cut from the same exact cloth of Bottomless Pit and TMS, it just has slightly rawer production.

my nigga here knows what's up

>makes up retarded bullshit about GP being a double album to fit their fantasy vision of DG
>posts brainlet memes
>thinks others are the stupid ones

>double album inherently means one continuous piece of music
This presupposition is the mistake that the autist(s) in this thread is/are making.

Pic related, checkmate, fuck you.

NLDW and EX are the only albums worth a damn.

no love deep web my favorite

lmao they're separated in my music player and i rarely listen to jenny death, who cares dude

vocaroo.com/i/s1ZkroWfh7BZ

the GP/NOTM is confirmed in all but words. Brainlets will never be able to read the signs that death grips put out there.

>GP starts with a house being broken into
>NOTM starts with an alarm being put on

by this logic the real double album is the EP and Jenny Death because they both use the same 'it's Death' sample

How is EP+Album a double album? You're not making any sense.

also the death grips EP is a myth, there is no death grips ep, it was just 6 singles they released.

nice, in both cases the house is a metaphor for mc ride. The opener of GP is about a drug breaking into a body.

then why is Up My Sleeves about shooting up? or did you think he was talking about a magic trick?

there's another connection btw, Up my Sleeves is the first track and On GP the last and the On GP music video had magic tricks

Death Grips 2.0 is the last track.

> Smashing pumpkins is worth mentioning ever
Bait