How can i make electronic music similar to this

how can i make electronic music similar to this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f4EXdcdLBbU
youtu.be/d4t5B6nPQGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Be a literal god

twiddle some knobs

I literally can not get into a single Aphex Twin album other than SAW85-92.

nice

Keep making tracks until you can make the sounds you hear in your head. Try to make one track a day (that's way RDJ supposedly was doing) or something ridiculous like that even if they're shit. Eventually everything you shit out will at least be decent. Learn renoise for god mode

Buy a 303, a 808, a Cirklon sequencer and a SH-101 and use nothing else.

gg

buy some analogue gear, only use hardware

tip that motherfucking fedora, user! just tip it!

beat repeat in ableton and go crazy with it

But OP's album was made entirely on a PC, user.

drop acid and fuck a vocoder.

It was made of samples from said machines. He loaded the samples into his PC and chopped them up.

But that's not the same as using NOTHING but those. And if RDJ was just starting out today i bet he would be using VSTs, the only reason he sticks to analog is cos he's an old fucker

learn ableton inside and out. then drop acid and spend the whole trip trying to replicate the bleep bloops in your head

get a drum machine and a sequencer, hit randomize, edit until it starts making sense

oh and if you don't know ANY music theory, just pick a scale and make sure most notes in the sequencer fit the scale, that'll work

metasynth if you can manage to ever find a crack for it

alchemy and iris can do a lot of the same things but apparently metasynth looks like it was made in the 1800s so that means it's automatically good

Nah, analog just sounds better, mate. You can always hear if something is digital or analog.

WHEN AN UPVOTE COMES ALONG
YOU MUST TIP IT

Intense creativity and work ethic.

have u ever heard about the tuss? yeah! rip acid acid acid acid 808 808 808 acid acid acid yeah BACK TO THE B4S1X BACK TO THE BASICS i hear kids scrraming aaaaciiidd the music is the aaaaaasssciiiidd the dreams are be now ay ,808 808 808 I CUM IN THE SINK CUNT KHUNT BOLLOX BOLLOCKS... CUNT
my dickes in ur pussy
its covered in shit

I believe at this point he was mostly using trackers.

no not really, and analog is definitely not well suited to all genres

protip: Aphex uses pentatonic scales more than anything else

>how can i make electronic music similar to this

You guys are missing a key component. Production experience is a must, but RDJ's real talent is his natural songwriting and performance talent.

He doesn't quantize (or if he does it's at a very tiny subdivision). He can sit down at a keyboard and make really rhythmic, danceable music with nothing more than his hands and some keys. Until you can also do that, you'll just sound like a weird frontier hack.

he absolutely does quantize

>things plebs say

Can you give some examples? I'm thinking songs like Avril 14th and most of the stuff on SAW, where melodies have a loose and nuanced feel.

>You can always hear if something is digital or analog.
HAHAHahah oh that got a good laugh out of me!

Please don't. So many have tried and only a few have made something worth any merit at all - and even then their influence was so obvious they may as well have not made it because Afx is better

Stick to the hot new genre and let a bunch of unipired YT geeks tell you how to make BOC tracks on ableton. Preferably don't wast time trying to be loved through making subpar music that'll you'll most likely give up on eventually. There's already an overcrowded ocean of people like that

He's a good reference point for more adventurous electronica though. That's like saying please don't try to make techno because you'd be copying Kraftwerk/Detroit sound etc. Almost anyone not making generic EDM after 1990 has been directly or indirectly influenced by Richard, nothing wrong with that.

pretty much, yeah, pay homage to the people you respect by not imitating them

you have to be massively retarded not to

or be a woman, but yes, you're litereally deaf if you can't tell the difference

to get that grin, you have to wipe it off first

okay, are the drums on this analog or digital?
youtube.com/watch?v=f4EXdcdLBbU

practice

It's true, at least, he uses them quite a bit.

He has some melodies worth transcribing onto guitar. Lots of guitar fucks love him.

Those drums are a Roland R8 which is sample based. I know because I own one and it has a very distinct sound.

I was hoping would fall for it and say it's an 808. But yes, it's obviously an R8 with the "electronic" card.

lmao

t. /bleep/tard
go shitpost with your post-ironic nonsense in your containment thread

>t. /bleep/tard
>go shitpost with your post-ironic nonsense in your containment thread

>similar to this
Don't. If you're going to make any attempt find your own voice. Aphex is my favorite artist and I would love to make tracks like his, but there is nothing more embarrassing than hearing a track made by someone that is a direct and blatant attempt to sound like him. There is a thread on watmm where people post their 'Aphex inspired tracks' and it is cringeworthy listening to people make music that sounds like subpar Aphex.

The problem with all producers who get into producing thanks to Aphex Twin (and not just producers but fans in general) is that they stop at Aphex and don't bother expanding their tastes/influences with stuff beyond Aphex, or heck at least with stuff that influenced Aphex. It's like Beatles fans who don't listen to any classic rock besides the Beatles. No wonder both will sound like soulless carbon copies of their idols.

Not an argument.

You'd be better off looking for a chemtrail thread in Sup Forums and asking there.

I know this fucker goes on Sup Forums but not once has he ever given any advice in /prod/

>Learn renoise for god mode
Nah learn puredata for god mode.
youtu.be/d4t5B6nPQGg