There Will Be Blood

So what does Sup Forums truly think of this?

I just saw this and i'm stunned.
Acting was amazing, Paul did a great job as the priest and i had shivers down my spine when he did his preach, but even greater job was done by Daniel, absolutely brutal performance by him.
Soundtrack and the Cinematography was pure gold.
i give this movie Oil/Milkshake.

I loved it. But I think a lot of the adhd kids here don't like it

Certainly a five bagger.

Proved that PTA is a true auteur. The scene where Daniel and his brother are surveying the land to the ocean was beautifully shot, you can feel Daniel's drive and ambition.

I enjoyed it very much

It's well acted, well designed, and good looking and sounding
But it's a shit story

Story wasn't anything mind blowing but the presentation of it makes up for it.

Your life is a shit story.

Adhd here, very low attention span. Had a hard time with this one the first time I watched it. Really couldn't stay focused on a lot of what was going on. Revisited years later when I was more mature. I was captivated the entire time.

PTA is good, but not as good as Nolan.

Watch tinker tailer soldier spy if you really wanna challenge yourself. Worth it.

A masterpiece

It was OK. Above average but not even close to perfect. 6.5/10

Care to elaborate on why it was ok and not great?

Nah I'm good thx tho

Nice

Interesting, I loved The Master a fair amount more than TWBB, but the latter had far less flaws, close to flawless even

Thought it was great. I knew it was good when I was enjoying it despite the story being kind of shitty

Overrated. Boring at times. Great acting from DDL though.

Good but could have had tighter script and dialogues. Some parts just feel like abstract character study instead of living people interacting with other people.

Goat music.

>it's a shit story

How?

>creates one of the best films of the 21st century
>does it again with The Master
legend

nothing loveable in it, full with hateful characters

i like the music too
fantastic soundtrack

Why couldn't one love a hateful character?

what stupid logic is this?

you hate the kid too?
i always hate kids n movies this one is GOAT t b h

t. woman
seriously

>a bowling alley in the 19th century

Don't make me laugh.

I think it's objectively brilliant in just about every aspect but for some reason I just don't love it. I think it's a fantastic movie, but I never really find myself having a desire to watch it.

It was the 20th century by that point in the film.

>On 1 January 1840 Knickerbocker Alleys in New York City opened, becoming the first indoor bowling alley.[16]

Very good, but I liked The Master better. Both films felt disjointed, maybe purposely, but either way it worked much better for The Master

Has a strong argument for the best movie in the 00-10 decade

>TWBB
>disjointed

wut

It could not be more straightforward

It didn't feel that way to me, of course the plot was straight forward ebough, but there were a few scenes it jumped to in the second half that left me scratching my head wondering when this was actually taking place and how much time had passed. Overall I feel like it was an average film but the acting and especially the imagery were so powerful that it made it feel a lot more "epic" than it really was.

Daniel day lewis is a serial over-actor

Wtf was the plot about the fake brother on about? Waste of time of an already long film. Also the ending of the movie feels a bit rushed compared to he rest.

>Wtf was the plot about the fake brother on about?

Daniel was narcissistic and couldn't relate to other people, couldn't be friends with anyone. When his "brother" showed up he finally felt like he could talk to someone because he was kin and was made of the "same parts" so to speak. When that turned out to be a lie he lost all hope in humanity and went full sociopath. Hence, the ending.

i watched it once and it went near the top of my all time favourite films
its more art than just a film

He's fantastic

hateful characters mean theyve done a pretty good job

everyone is always praising the ending when it's actually really bad and by far the worst part of the movie.

hmm.... Touché

Any movies like this one?

barry lyndon. theyre both beautifully filmed period pieces with great soundtracks. also none of the characters are stock. all the costumes are filled with real people. idk just go watch barry lyndon