At what point is it okay to pick your gf over your family?

At what point is it okay to pick your gf over your family?

she will always be a stranger

Get out of here you fucking normie.

Backstory. gf and her family took me in after mum told me to get out because I kicked out her abusing boyfriend. Family expects me to become power of attorney over mum (she has mental health issues) but the gf wants to move town, so I gotta pick one. I'm more inclined to my spouse of three years, as opposed to mum who defended her partner when he physically abused my brothers (busted my brothers face up bad) half way through a bottle of whiskey and I thought you guys could help a little

Really I just want to know whether anyone thinks me picking my gf over my family is okay

Sounds like a shit mom try to forget her move on with your love. and if you can save you're brother pls

Yeah my gf wants to take my little Bros with us and just skip state. Fucked up part is the rest of the family will disown the lot of us if we move

Hence my question, at what point is it okay to pick your gf over your family

The very second she gives you secks.

shes not a spouse shes a gf.

that being said you arent choosing one over the other. your girlfriend of three years wants to move and you are considering going with their. thatsn \ot choosing her over your familt. thats just moving on wtih your own life.

gf ≠ spouse you retard

choose the one you're actually married with. how dumb can you be.

Your right, wrong use of words. Plan on proposing soon though, trying to save money for a ring, and I've spoken to her mum about it, but I don't want to pop the question until I'm sure that this is what's best for her and me. Also told her mum about this, which she's been pretty understanding.

So I guess my question is just whether it's okay to pick the family that's taken me in over the one that threatens to kick me out

You just answered your question OP.

If your mom wants to be in an abusive relationship, stay out of it. Just be a man and talk to her and explain the situation, tell her you're leaving, but that doesn't mean you're going to break ties with her. You can always visit or I don't know.

When she's the mother of your child.

when you're financially independent from family.

you can't pick your family but you (hopefully) picked your gf.

obvious methinks

nah, dude. until you can earn your own living you shouldn't be trading blood for anything.

depends on the family
if its your typical dysfunctional american family, then yes

If sex is the issue, go with GF. Unless you have a hot mom or several sisters/female cousins. Then, I'm not sure. Nudes?

My dad was 23

He had me as a result. Stay at home.

hard to argue against this

That's pretty easy. A good mom or a good family would want you to move forward with your life.

It's not like your mom has some urgent but temporary medical problem, like she broke her hip for example. Then I could see postponing your moving. This is more like if she had Muscular Dystrophy, and was slowly dying over 10-20 years and needed around the clock care. Should you give up getting a good job and meeting a wife and having a family because you needed to take care of your mom for 20 years. Fuck no. No good mom would want that for her son.

This isn't much different, except you can add on the fact that she was also a shitty mom (potentially due to her mental illness, but still).

So just move on in good conscience, but offer to help in ways that are actually feasible to you. If your family tries to suck you back in with drama, then cut them off for good.

My sister and parents are great, but a lot of my extended family are a bunch of selfish assholes, and I cut them out of my life 10+ years ago, and I have never looked back.

honestly go with your lady. if your mom choose her abusive boyfriend over you, your mom isnt worth all that trouble. hopefully though you take your brothers with you and your gf. best of luck bro

Ive been paying my way since a year before I moved out, was paying mum's rent (she doesn't work, says that her anxiety plays up if she does) and her partners booze since a year before my gf's family took my in, and about 6 months after that the gf and I found our own place and have been paying our bills with no outside assistance at all for over a year now. So yeah, haven't needed that bitch since I was 18, more like she needed me.

Nearly two years too late for that ahah

6 million in the bank.

Yeah my close friend is like fuck this shithole take your Bros and and your gf and go live your life, I just don't want to have to cut ties with the rest of my family, my grandparents for example who are great people but will hold it against me if I leave

Thanks man, honestly probably will do

cool shit.
do what you want and if she has anything to say against it remind her of the situation. be prepared to cut her out for real if she refuses to aknowledge her place.

Newsflash: If they hold it against you if you leave, they're not great people.

this

if this is true, gf all the way