Do People Really Find King Gizzard Appealing?

Do People Really Find King Gizzard Appealing Or is It Just People trying to act like they have taste?, I get it sometimes, but, seriously, it is just the same shit, a band using 'quirky' gimmicks to sell their albums of pure nothingness.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ibeFyHYCqI
youtube.com/watch?v=4W19twyYD2Q&t=1377s
youtube.com/watch?v=Qxxz7Tgfsv4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you like jammy psych rock I see no reason why you wouldn't like KG (unless you think every other jammy psych rock you've listened to did it better which is alright, it's your opinion anyway)

I seem to like The Shelter People if that counts for anything?

you don't find that they are just shitting out as much as they can without putting thought into any of it?

Must feel bad to have such shit taste.
Also they have the best album cover.

I dunno, I'm in to math rock and shit, also, that's the one album I think is passable.

It's just hard for me to listen to such utter shit after listening to toe and a picture of her, the contrast is just incredible.

Nonagon Infinity is the best thing you'll ever hear on acid

on acid, anythings good.

This, OP. There is an appeal that you just don't get and that's fine but don't assume people are just trying to act like they have taste.

Maybe so, but I think it's undeniable that a fair few of their 'fans' are somewhat forcing/faking.

faking it? consciously or unconsiously?

yes but not everythings the best thing you could ever hear on acid

there's really nothing gimmicky about I'm In Your Mind Fuzz, there's nothing to "get," it's just catchy psych riffage

a mixture I suppose.

Microtonal Banana, Nonagon Infinity, Quaters, come on.

>a picture of her
woowee thats some boring shit

youtube.com/watch?v=5ibeFyHYCqI is a pretty good one, the drums and guitar are going to be great, and the vocals seem to have some 'soul' to it, if that really means anything

best kexp performance of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=4W19twyYD2Q&t=1377s

youtube.com/watch?v=Qxxz7Tgfsv4
their other one is pretty good too

>pure nothingness
you are what you think

not the worst thing Ive heard but still lacking personality. I'm not a math rock guy

Good point.

'lacking personality'?

Stop worrying about what others think. I like band, so I listen to them. If you don't like band, don't listen to them. Who gives a shit?

Friends of mine keep talking about how great they are, just led me insanity. I needed to rant

>first album comes out
Neat
>Second comes out
Neat, love this one
>Third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh albums come out
oh okay
>Eight-twelve come out the next month
Wow so much
>Albums thirteen to twenty-four drop the next day, each containing an instrument that is still technically a guitar but sounds like another instrument
>Albums thirty to fifty-six are a series of soft piano interludes played on fifty infinitonal guitars and nine hundred drum kits
>Bassist is still playing the Rattlesnake riff

Paper Mache is a masterpiece and In Your Mind Fuzz is mostly great. Nonagon Infinity is straight garbage.

It just seems less about the music, more about the gimmicky shitfest that is

Their old stuff seems to be far preferable, coincidentally the stuff that didn't take after the idea that 'if we add a cool quirk to our album, it'll sound great'

Honestly I dislike their later stuff because I looked to them for bright catchy music and then when they started """"experimenting""""" they went into a lot of minor key shit and the reason I listened to them disappeared. IIYMF is still a fun listen.

What makes you think that they're faking it? I've introduced KG to a few people and they all seem to genuinely enjoy it.
I don't particularly care for them myself but that's besides the point, and I don't tout myself as a fan anyway.

I'm sure they have a few good albums here and there but they've slowly began to blur into one mess of random rattling guitar and repetitive drum fills

It would be comparible to a hipster I guess

It's funny though that 'their old stuff' refers to albums released just a couple years ago. They managed to go through the whole cycle of a hand in such a short amount of time. From being new, creative and interesting to washed up and boring.

It's almost like they are trying to force out creativity through using different gimmicks but somehow find a way to sound like the same old shit

King gizz is dope, Kevin Parker is the shit.

I kinda like tame impala, alot more clean than gizzard.

Liking King Gizzard does very little for your credibility.

I'm a fan of them but I say this knowing that among the circle of snobby "patricians" I'm going to get called a Redditor.

as a 'quirky indie band' even knowing who they are gives you credibility is seems

I legitimately liked the spoken word on Murder of the Universe. Fight me.

Recently started listening to them. Started with Quarters and man I was disappointed with all of their other albums. What the fuck is up with Quarters and why is it so much better than all of the wannabe Oh Sees/Ty segal shit they released before it? What happened?

I used to like them a lot, but I eventually got kinda bored of them. I still listen to an album by them from time to time, though. If you like jam music and psych rock, then you'll like them, but if you like your songs to have coherent structure and don't give a shit about muh riffs and muh effects, you probably won't care much for them. I jizz a little every time I hear that kinda shit though, so it's no wonder I had a gizz phase.

Gizzard has released albums spanning three genres. Most people aren't fans of all three. Only die hard fans will like every Gizzard album.

sounds like a waste of acid

I guess I don't know too many other king gizz fans. Small uni in Minnesota people listen to horrible shit here mostly.

I like most of what King Gizz has done besides FMB and 12BB.

it's just generic math rock, that's what he probably meant

I suppose that makes sense, although I wouldn't say it's too generic.

they're a psych rock band with nice rhythm and catchy melodies. they're like tame impala except more aggressive and whimsical, so it's easy to see the appeal. people like them because they sound good, not because their material is extremely deep or complex. microtonal banana was a pretty cool concept that turned out nice, but thats about as deep as they go. I agree as a whole their discography is a bit repetitive, but its different enough and not that bad. really though, they're just one of those bands that sound fun and cool while you're stoned. i bet you a good majority of serious gizz fans hit that sticky on the daily

their live shows are explosive. I've been to a couple with friends and it made me appreciate their material more once you see they have actual musicianship.

so you're demonstrating your superior taste
and using the argument that x is good therefore y is shit
nice.
when do you finish school, did you say?

same dude, i go to duluth

worrying about what other people listen to shows that you don't have any taste. you don't actually listen to music-- you use it as a crutch of identity.

please leave.