After-birth abortion

>“After-birth abortion: Why should the baby live?”

> They argued: “The moral status of an infant is equivalent to that of a fetus in the sense that both lack those properties that justify the attribution of a right to life to an individual.”
Rather than being “actual persons”, newborns were “potential persons”. They explained: “Both a fetus and a newborn certainly are human beings and potential persons, but neither is a ‘person’ in the sense of ‘subject of a moral right to life’.

> they did not argue that some baby killings were more justifiable than others – their fundamental point was that, morally, there was no difference to abortion as already practised.

>They preferred to use the phrase “after-birth abortion” rather than “infanticide” to “emphasise that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus”.

>He said those who made abusive and threatening posts about the study were “fanatics opposed to the very values of a liberal society”.

Showing outrage against an attempt to normalize and legalize infanticide = FANATICS OPPOSED TO THE VERY VALUES OF LIBERAL SOCIETY

Why did you let this happen Sup Forums?

Sauce:

telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/9113394/Killing-babies-no-different-from-abortion-experts-say.html

I would normally make a comment about designated abortion hog but this is really something else.

ill do it for you then

DESIGNATED ABORTION-WAGON

why isn't this just called murder?

Not an argument.

>We take ‘person’ to mean an individual who is capable of attributing to her own existence some (at least) basic value such that being deprived of this existence represents a loss to her
A premise predicating on a semantical argument? Disregarded.

Liberals equating the fetus to an infant and giving it the same rights (subjecting it to infanticide) is a good thing. The fetus having equal rights to a baby (and by extension an adult) is a key facet of the pro-life viewpoint- if liberals accept this too then the outrage against the concept of infanticide should swing people towards pro-life.

At least, that's how i hope it turns out

Poo

There is no escape. Pajeet.

Murder only applies to the unlawful death of a person. That's why I am disregarding this argument as they are trying to argue around the common usage and legal definition of the term "person."

>they said the slippery slope wasn't real.
Where will it go to next Pajeet, don't act suprised when in a few years they start advocating eating newborns alive or some other nonsense. I know it seems far out but watch.

He also said that it is completely ethical to use fetuses to harvest organs for adults.

At what point would it be considered a person then

Different argument, different discussion. This thread is not about organ harvesting but about "post-birth abortion." The step before any consideration for organ harvesting.

It was not an argument.
Okay, then call it homicide. After-birth abortion makes no sense, as abortion has to happen during pregnancy.

Infants are not sentient beings. However, they are consciously equivalent to animals like groundhogs and squirrels. I wouldn't support their abortion without some sort of reasonable cause. 100% srs

That's the biggest issue with this semantical argument in my opinion. An adult who suffered severe cranial trauma as a child and never "attributed to his or her own existence" but relied upon others most of their life post birth would fall in the same status as a "fetus."

What is an attempt to redefine a term if not a semantical ARGUMENT?

You will never be taken seriously.

Your country and people are a literal meme at knee jerk response.

POo In LOO

How entertaining! The left has brought another classic literal tale to life. What miracle will they perform next?

We should farm fetuses using a method similar in principle to the Bokanovsky Process. If we do not have incubators, just pay women to carry the fetuses.

That would be ideal.

Someone like that should be humanely put to sleep.

She is correct that there is no moral difference between killing a human fetus and killing a human baby, her problem is that she does not view either as wrong, while both should be equally monstrous.

If you hurt someone's feelings you forfeit your right to life

I wouldn't call it an argument. Redefining a term usually just shifts the attention to a desired idea. The meaning, however, is still the same; hence, not an argument.

I don't think that will be necessary for the very reason that we have already found a better way to literally "grow" organs genetically same as the one who will be needing it.

not a toilet

fair enough.

Not an argument fami.

>I wouldn't call it an argument.
I did not ask what YOU would arbitrarily call it. I seem to be wasting my time assuming you can carry your end of a substantive discussion.

There is no escape. Pajeet.

P-P-PoooOooooo

I don't even believe in god, but if post-birth abortions became common place, I'd join in with some christian radicals and bomb abortion clinics

I hope that's true. I was being sarcastic.

>implying it was supposed to be a toilet to begin with.

:3

Why can't the left legalize suicide booths already?

I never said it was an argument.

POO IN LOO

Your flag is already discredited.

I could restate every single point you said about yourself.
It's not arbitrary.

Yeah it's pretty cool, we're even making headway in growing brains.

Last I hear someone was butchering pig DNA so that they grow human organs instead of pig ones, that way you could just kill a pig and sell the organs.

>getting mad over a meme

Not from pig,but they will use the DNA of the person that will be receiving the transplant.

Also is it even possible or necessary to grow a brain?

after birth abortion should be the only abortion and this is correct. an infant doesn't even know its own name. who gives a fuck.

>I could restate every single point you said about yourself.
I'm sorry you are offeneded because you are a retard who believes their "ethical definition" of a person has the same meaning as the common usage and legal definition.

>It's not arbitrary.
How is it not an argument if the definition of persona they are presenting is not the same as the common and legal usage? I thought you were just being willfully stupid but now it seems you are genuinely ignorant of the term.

"attributed to his or her own existence" does it mean being self sufficient in a way?

Because if that it is,then these people are pro eugenics too and might suggest that they don't deserves the "right to life" either.

POO IN LOO

two words for these assholes

>medical ethics

After-birth abortion is the definition in not following them there for anyone who practices this crime is not a doctor full stop.

also to follow up on the link just because its not different doesn't mean it was right to begin with, it only proves pro life to be in the right.

its like saying 'kicking a dog in the head is just the same as kicking a humans head' it doesn't matter that its the same, the fact your doing it to begin with is fucking disgusting a wrong.

It all falls down to awareness the fact these people are aware of the moral complications but are trying to find ways to go around it using logic that was enforced against a population is the problem

>'i can do no wrong because i do not know what that is'

well these people know better so they should be striped of their titles and banned in their professions.

>"attributed to his or her own existence" does it mean being self sufficient in a way?
If I understand their argument correctly it is something of the sort. Ethics use a societal standard and in this case I suspect they are weighing one individual's status as a "person" based upon being a net positive effect on society.

PO0?

When? Why do you ask?

Get the bulk discount.

you know what thats the actual reason there doing this when they leave EU like 90% of the population is so fucked if this is the type of shit that gets pushed through.

I'm fine with after-birth abortion of niglets

but their such functioning members of society unlike those nasty 'racists' that ,wont play ball'

see why this logic is self defeating and clearly abusable.

oppose the state get in the chamber, remind you of anything kinda ironic that if you think about it.