What is the blade runner 2049 of music ?

What is the blade runner 2049 of music ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6vThgFwt4Kg?t=1m2s
youtu.be/ts6vS98ijSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

idk what that means
you mean what's an album that expanded on an earlier work, and was executed fairly tastefully?
that japanese loveless album maybe

really?
Do you actually enjoy that album?

Came out many years after Voodoo, which had obtained classic status by then, and managed to be even better by having more substance

this or Slowdive s/t.

The Epic by Kamasi Washington

Thick as a brick 2

The Blade Runner 2049 Soundtrack

DAMN.

An incredibly disappointing follow-up to something great that gets dickrode to hell despite the fact that it's nowhere near as good as its predecessor, but it's okay.

sorry man, but 2049 is superior to the original. The original had the story line of a fucking short film spread out to 2 hours. It's really good, but at least the new one has more going for it apart from pretty shots, nice music, and cool sounding lines. The first one had an incredible atmosphere, yes, but was lacking in substance. 2049 excels in both areas

The Seer

m b v

Imagine being this much of a plebe

I think I might need to watch 2049 again to try and get what people see in it, but I was really disappointed leaving the cinema. It felt really dragged out to me. was just really bored and developed no connection to what was going on. The visuals and sound did nothing for me, and I really don't think there's as much substance as people say. I don't know if was in the wrong mind seeing it or if that's just how it is for me. I can't deny it was technically fine, but beyond that I don't get it. I really didn't give a shit about what was happening in the story.

The Seer was shit though

I mean to each his own, but I really felt like the story on this one had WAY more meat on it than on the original. It really felt more engaging in that sense anyway.
>The visuals and sound did nothing for me
I loved the music (not as good as vangelis' score of course, but few scores are). As for the visuals, the shots were beautifully composed and had some fantastic colors, but i'll accept that at times it felt a bit too much, like it was forced

Get out

not him but my problem with the movie is that, it was a great movie but was it blade runner? It abandoned that lively, miserable, dark and hopeless, crowded feeling for different visuals (albeit good). It just wasn't blade runner to me. Although Ryan Gosling was fucking unreal and the scenes with him alone were great.

Jared Leto and the random storylines that led nowhere ruined it

I get your impulses, but on Sup Forums of all places you should see what they did. It was a more concrete, modern world; it was both the perfect future from the world they'd shown before, but the perfect fusion of where we've been since '82 to what it thought the future was.

It was brutalistic, it was concrete, it was bright in neon and overcast and destroyed. Like I said, this is Sup Forums; sau what you will about Hans Zimmer, but compare the music, just one or two tracks in, just a half hour into the movie. One's slow and bluesy, and beautiful and distant; the other has hard drums and the sound of a screaming engine in echoing streets. It was what Blade Runner inevitably headed for, knowing the way the future goes. It could have been something else, but the themes of humanity, identity, and little bits here and there connected it back perfectly.

It wasn't nice and as comfy as the original, nor was it supposed to be. This is the brutalistic futurism we have now. This is what we saw with a little more clarity.

I agree with you about substance. Was a bit long without much there, but I didn't care one bit with that beautiful cinematography.

>i dont like blade runner i like hotline bling and hotline miami

sheesh... and i thought mu of all places would have better taste

I don't know what you mean offhand. Here's a noise for you. It was a different thing in the same world. It was strong.

youtu.be/6vThgFwt4Kg?t=1m2s

WU LYF - Go Tell Fire to the Mountain

>thinking Sup Forums has any taste at all

Nah.

Voodoo is clearly better, but this is still an amazing album that does it's predecessor justice.

Only one song on that touches Slowdive's 90s stuff and that's Slomo

i dont think thats possible.

general narrative is weak (hey meet your kids!)

no resounding sense of impact of events / context

borrowed aesthetics (from original, from anish kapoor, anselm keifer, a touch of tarkovsky, eisenman's berlin memorial)

i mean, i liked it, but it was fake noir. like gossling, amirite? cant noir that.

Tame Impala

oh, and a few drops of Eva, AI, etc)

pick you r recemnt hot distopian fare

it didnt havethe kick

Imho, BR2049 has same tendencies in music as in picture/story. Just like Dark Knight (sup Hans), here goes small amount of notes/themes represented in powerful/atonal/muscular way. I can't say it is the only way for music to complete the picture, but it works nice. Perhaps, i missed only small lyrical themes like "Memories of green" from 1st part, it had smth special there.
P.s. Liked motorcycle sounds sampled as pad.

I would go with

Blade Runner = Pink Floyd :The Piper At the Gates of Dawn

Blade Runner 2049= Pink Floyd :Animals

>that japanese loveless album maybe
?????

>expanded on an earlier work, and was executed fairly tastefully?
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHHAHHAHA

youtu.be/ts6vS98ijSM

>Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene 3 (2016)

so is br2049

for me, it's return to ommadawn

This is a music board

oh fuck, didn't know this existed.
similar to jarre's o3 cheap and shit.

no, it is actually a mike oldfield prog sequel that is good, hence why I posted it

it sounds like ommadawn by random cover band

/thread

I liked Voodoo more, but this isn't far off.