How come almost every european country has a very large heavy metal following...

how come almost every european country has a very large heavy metal following, yet in the US there are virtually no rock/metal stations, very few metal bands come out of america anymore, and we have ariana grande and selena gomez shit music being played absolutely everywhere and every station on the radio. What the fuck are the liberals selling us nowadays with this gentrified music garbage. Give us metal and rock again

youtube.com/watch?v=8VgLKXD-BoY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xP4wsURn3rw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

too much estrogen in our milk and too much soy everywhere.

>I think you know why

I blame rednecks and conservatives they dominate the radio here because younger more progressive people don't regularly listen to radio.

The others that do are poor negros and urban mental midgets so the other radio stations all play hispanic or rap.

In America we grow out of metal relatively early, about age 13 or 14.

Because we’ve become feminized

yeah, you're still limping with the bisket

Metal is dying everywhere.
Unless you're well established act, you won't sell shit. And even then where Metallica sold out stadium, I was surprised Megadeth barely selled out a relatively small club.

Because people start to realize that music is actually about enjoying the MUSIC instead of being an edgy cunt and listening to screaming and lyrics you're sooo related to. Fuck off, you school shooter

Mastodon is a great metal band from Seattle

Because we grew up.

Well then you're a fucking idiot.

What conservative music dominates the radio? Hip hop is the most prevalent and it's the complete opposite of conservative.

You're dumb and gay

Because for a while now the youth has been conditioned to think rap/hip hop is cool. Up until the 2000s Rock was king now it's all rap/hip hop garbage.

Also the metal scene in the US thrives on being "hardcore" and underground

^little priveleged white kid that listens exclusively to rap/hip hop

US government shut them down. People get too patriotic listening to metal.

Dude it is country. By and far country is on the most stations followed by rap and Christian b.s.. Trust me rural America will do that.

Mastodon sucks balls.

Cause of capitalism.
It's easier & cheaper to pay one guy to write the "instrumental" tracks for multiple "srtists" on a computer. A band of several people is much more expensive.
It fucking blows; in Japan they still really appreciate instrumental talent too.

Oh fuck off.

>music is actually about enjoying the MUSIC
Except, without, you know, the MUSIC part.

I've lived in Kentucky my entire life. It's rap/hiphop/rnb on every other station since about 2005. Maybe 2 country stations and one classic rock station. This applies to every city I've ever lived in.

Look up stats like I just did, hiphop/rap are the most consumed music genres including radio.

Is hip hop primarily about the MUSIC? No it's not. After my arguments it should be self explaining that I do not listen to hip hop. Because it's the same in general. It's about bringing a message to the listener, mostly showing off with bitches and money, but did you ever see someone who only listens to the beats? Nope, because hip hop is also NOT really about the music. So fuck hip hop, fuck metal and fuck you

Because nobody listens to metal for the music part of it, right? Especially since metal artists tend to be significantly more talented instrumentally than the majority of other genres.

Metal is boring now. After I could play btbams colors nothing else mattered. I literally prefer pop now to try hard nonsense. If it doesnt appeal to innocent ears, than its prob crap.

>If it doesnt appeal to innocent ears, than its prob crap
So you listen to a lot of Kidz Bop I'm taking it.

^^^ this

Extremely relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=xP4wsURn3rw

because metal is fascist and america is a democratic country. don’t make me tell you about how europes loves their fascist dictators.

>metal is fascist

Rap is racist & fascist as FUCK.

>in Japan they still really appreciate instrumental talent too
Even the fucking electronica/computer sequenced stuff there is still done with a much more intricate understanding of musical theory than it is here.

Shut up you wannabe musical intellectual. You're right, hip hop is fucking gay but I don't know how you can say metal isn't about the music considering the bands really have no other incentive to play it since it's not popular. Suck a dick you butt fucking brady bunch faggot.

Arizona has the best rock station 97.9 KUPD. Listen to the morning show, its freakin funny!

And gay

>literally prefer pop
>to try hard nonsense
Pop is the fucking dictionary definition of "try hard" you faggot; it's whole purpose is to make money & move product.
It tries really fucking hard to do that, & if it doesn't do that, it's an absolute failure.

Full on back of the closet in your little sister's underwear gay.

Everyone I know that likes metal enjoys it in a large part because they understand the talent it takes to perform certain aspects like polyrhythmic chugging in synchronicity with a double bass pedal drummer

Because Europe is 20 years behind

Yeah, fuck all that outdated "ability to play instruments" & shit, that shit racist cause everyone can't do it yo

Nice mark of the beast in honor of this metal thread.

Lol, you're a fucking joke.

I think it's funny yall are shitting on rap for killing the hard rock/ metal scene when the reality is edm is killing it. Every major U.S. festival is dubstep/house/trap ect. People just want to take drugs and let a bass shake them around rather than mosh.

It's a combination of both in reality. The one really holding the gun is the industry & its pushed focus on DJ's & "producers" who can individually be bought really cheap.
It takes a lot of time & dedication to gain an amount of instrumental talent; whereas anyone with a computer can be a "halfway decent" DJ or "producer".

Amen brother. At least some European bands tour in the U.S., and there's some U.S. bands with European inspiration.

You might not be a fan of the newer stuff but Blood mountain was good leviathan was good and remission. All super heavy and great musicianship. Name a better recent metal band or matter of fact back up your argument.... Explain why they suck balls to you.

Not really, the major festivals have a shit ton of genres. Bonaroo, Coachella, Lollapalooza.

EDM centric festivals are just more prevalent...and gay.

I was just fucking with you, I like them just not that much. I haven't listened for new stuff in a while but I'm partial to shit with groove like After the Burial used to make.

It's easy, metal is a very "white" music enjoyed primarily by whites. The higher percentage of a white population in Europe means metal is more popular than in the States, where the black population has a much greater influence on the music market. Also, in America the music industry prefers pushing black music for the profits while the Left pushes appreciation of black culture in their SJW war on white people.