/mpg/

/mpg/ - Music Production General.

New general, we produce beats and post them on SoundCloud or Dropbox and link each other to them, post updates, all that gay crap. Basically Sup Forums's version of /agdg/.

FL Studio - image-line.com/flstudio/
Ableton - ableton.com/en/
Maschine - native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine/

7 Secrets of Music Production - youtube.com/watch?v=uOi-XNRIrLw

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/cgdaf3oa?token=da67fcae21717acf7f2e3eaa46e7c3b2
clyp.it/vxskdojk
gumroad.com/l/korg_sg-1d_ep1/
clyp.it/kmyi1nrf
soundcloud.com/online_band/inaudible
55chan.org/mu/src/1508341540981.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=Cu1UVzJYfao
clyp.it/pynvlrta
clyp.it/kkn0fzqb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tried to exorcise all of my shit demons in one 40-minute dump session.

clyp.it/cgdaf3oa?token=da67fcae21717acf7f2e3eaa46e7c3b2

heres some more serious stuff

clyp.it/vxskdojk

That's pretty good, keep at it.
Also, post screenshots of your current progress (screenshots from inside the program).

I recorded my old electric piano and made an Instrument Rack for Ableton Live. Free download: gumroad.com/l/korg_sg-1d_ep1/

if I had a Korg SG-1D I'd scrap it for the NJM2069 VCF ICs, just saying

Right, like a Poly 800 or something? I've had this thing since I was a kid and maybe I'm overly attached to it's very limited voices, but I think it's a pretty nice sound

it's based on the DSS-1 I think

hello. i'm trying my hand at making a synth pop/noise pop song. i have not made many songs before. tell me what you think so far

clyp.it/kmyi1nrf

What else can I be doing to make a song sound smoother, or other cool stuff?

For this, it was raw acoustic + vocals. Added reverb, delay, compressor. First time messing around with settings.

soundcloud.com/online_band/inaudible

fuck you cancerous faggot I won't just stand here and watch you tarnish /prod/ killlll yourself

not the worst thing i've heard, but it's not much of a song. it's just a repeating melodic sequence. you need at least a b section to create/release tension. that or you can mask the repetitiveness of it by arranging the sequence better, have things come and go in place of changing melodic sections.

wow that video fucking sucks

>mixing trumps composition

most retarded thing I've heard in years.

if you believe this or work like this, you are not a producer/artist/composer, you are an engineer

/prod/ is dead, huh?

What kinda shitty OP is this?
>New general
No, /prod/ has been around for quite some time.
Never post again.

are Condensers mic unusable for bedroom productions due to their high sensivity to far ambient noise?

Meh, I know a few that could work.

Yes, but /prod/ is shit, so this is the new general.

You are correct.

>Meh, I know a few that could work.
how

It's true if you just make pop. So many tunes are just polished turds.

I know a few that are so quiet that you have to lean into the mic very far. Like the Blue Snowball, but don't use the Snowball because the Snowball's sound is very closed.

you mean close right?
what you mean by closed? could make interesting tones

heres something for my mu bros that are struggling:

1. get fl studio
2. get a bunch of midi
3. mix and mash midi files
4. drap and drop drum samples onto channels(the notes preserved)
5. use a sonnet structure to arrange your songs

enjoy

>get fl studio
only part im struggling with

most daws use midi, however im not sure how easy it is to use put samples into midi notes

how cringey is this? been singing for an year
55chan.org/mu/src/1508341540981.ogg

i've been using reaper and it's functional but doesn't have some of the things i'd like to use that are in FL studio

any suggestions on making ambient/idm

youve got a playlist in fl studio, where you can paint patterns/aka/measures. its a little different and does not work as well, but its kinda the same thing

not what I was implying, I wanted the randomizer from FL Studio for drum patterns

I mean closed by like, the sound has no richness to it, it's a very flat tone.

ah i see. just one more question, and you said some condensers you have to lean very close or very far?

Can anybody tell me what that sound is? How is it made? Is that a synth or guitar? Something in between?

I mean the thing starting at the 10 second mark. Not the obvious guitar and that stuttering sound. the other one

youtube.com/watch?v=Cu1UVzJYfao

Yeah, like I said, with the Snowball, you have to lean in to the microphone to get a loud recording, so you bet your ass there is gonna be no issues with background noise. For open sound (rich sound), I suggest the Samson C01u Pro, and if you get issues with background noise in your recordings, what you should do is use the program Audacity to remove the noise.

Can you explain the noise? I hear a few noises starting at 0:10. If you are talking about that echo-ey sound, I believe that is a synthesized instrument, possibly a trombone.

Yeah what the fuck there is like 3 sounds at 0:10

>stutter
>low guitar/bass
>that fucking high sound that has reverb to it and long attack

guess you mean that too. trombone? never heard have to check. hope I can somehow reproduce that sound with UHE diva or some shit.I am really bad at doing that honestly

thanks, will note that samson model for when i ge the money. is it based off which famous mic? the 87?
reaper's noise remover is better tho

I mean, whatever you think works best for noise removal, go ahead. The microphone has been used to record shit before, Pink Guy's first album, the self-titled one, all the vocals were recorded with the C01u Pro.

i made some shit with a friend and im wondering if it needs anything or if the mix is fucked and such

clyp.it/pynvlrta

/prod/ sucks, and this general seems cool and all, but no one cares about it

rip all music production on Sup Forums

granted i'm not on Sup Forums as often as i used to be but these threads have been helpful to me and fun generally. just contribute to threads by listening and sharing. be the change you want to see and help me out with critique.... clyp.it/pynvlrta

Working on some stuff for the coming season. Haven't actually finished anything, just scattered ideas

clyp.it/kkn0fzqb

>clyp.it/kkn0fzqb
not sure about the synth layer that comes in at like 40 seconds rest of the synth lines work well though. the idea at the end at like 120 is dope but it could use some more oomph behind it. maybe just making those chord stabs louder or a kick but im not sure. pretty cool tho

Everyone is in the sound design thread

Does anyone know how that Kontakt NoInstall shit from r*tracker works?
I wish they were more inclusive and didn't write all their readmes in kyrillic.

>get a shit ton of samples
>pick out a random few good sounding ones
>start throwing them everywhere randomly
>starts sounding like afx twin

Hey guys, I need to buy a electric keyboard but I want it to have a midi output, can you recommend anything?