Hey guys I signed my life away to the marines because they said I could visit Japan and I'm a huge fucking weeb

Hey guys I signed my life away to the marines because they said I could visit Japan and I'm a huge fucking weeb
I got MEPS on thursday
Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kGXWDqQB3NU
youtube.com/watch?v=u45F-tMQNjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lots of fun shit to do there. Have a lot of money to spend, don’t be a weirdo or a dick, and just go exploring. Have a cell phone plan if you can, every fucking street corner looks the same and no one speaks English outside of Tokyo. Signs will start to look like alien language.

dont be a fucking pog

youtube.com/watch?v=kGXWDqQB3NU

what the fuck

come on Toshi

start gargling salty eggs

its ur only hope

Bail out and join the airforce instead.

Make us proud.

Anyone one here been in the Marines, would you recommend it as a career path?

Eat a light breakfast and be prepared for a long day. Most of the time the staff are assholes, so be as nice as you can to them. Do not mention non essential stuff related to your health, often times they will say they have all your medical records and to not lie about your shit but they don't have anything and only know ehat you tell them. Also you will dance around in your underwear with other people so wear something appropriate. See you on the battlefield/b/rother

Thank you, I plan on not saying ANYTHING health related outside of my retainer and the time I fractured my collarbone in high school.

>2018 and gullible people still believing the bullshit recruiters tell them
95% chance you'll NEVER be sent to Japan/Okinawa. Probably the best you can hope for is to cop one of those cheap cheap rides in the back of a transport headed there when you have some leave. It's actually not a bad way to fly, since who gives fuck about the plane ride there. Slightly higher chance you'll be sent to the south side of Korea. Even larger you'll end up somewhere in the giant wet paper bag in the sand we've been involved in for nearly two fucking decades now.
Amd by the time you get out, you'll be so indoctrinated into that soldier/vet mindset that you'll probably hate anime/anything to do with Japan, and you'll spend 90% of your time talking about military/politics shit to neighbors while some fat breeder wife you knocked up cooks shitty food. You'll probably own some form of 'murrican "muscle car" too.
HOO-RAH!

Autobiographical?

Don't act like an asshole. Do your job, keep your head down and be dependable to the people around you.

When you go to another country, remember that the vast majority people are just normies, living their lives, doing their shit, and trying to get along.

People will tell you not to volunteer for shit. That is not true. If the opportunity sounds interesting, volunteer. Don't volunteer for jobs without knowing what you are volunteering for.

Some DIs are dicks and will fuck with you or haze you just for the sake of it. Avoid them like the plague. Most are trying to train you effectively.

Crucible isn't the hardest thing you will ever do, but may be the hardest thing you have done so far. Just gut it out.

Do your job well, have fun. When you are overseas don't be an asshole. You are representing the country.

who?

>MEPS
Don't eat the eggs.

Dont forget to quack during the duck walk.

WTF FAGGOT YOU THINK AFTER MEPS YOURE GOING STRAIGHT TO JAPAN? YOU'LL PROBABLY WASH OUT IN BASIC AND THEN BE THAT GUY "YEAH I WAS IN THE MARINES IVE SEEN SOME SHIT '

take advantage of any free education they provide. eventually when you realize how retarded you are, at least you'll have learned something.

Expect to never go to Japan. Recruiters will literally tell you anything to get you to sign up. You fucked up and better get out before you go in. You can go on vacation to Japan for a couple thousand dollars, dope. You can make that much in less than six months in the real world

He can't get out now.
It would be a dishonerable discharge and his life would be ruined.
This next 4 years should straighten out at least. I think it will be a good life experience and make him a better man in the end.

Not true. Lots of people wash out before finishing BMT and it is not dishonorable. Won't affect his life, other than he won't be a Marine.

Learn to duck walk fgt
youtube.com/watch?v=u45F-tMQNjs

Won't be dishonorable bcuz he was never a marine dumbass who's a basement dweling neckbeard