Chelsea's new stadium will be called the Cathedral of Football, pic related

>Chelsea's new stadium will be called the Cathedral of Football, pic related

Are they literally /ourguys/? How can you possibly get more based than this?

Other urls found in this thread:

dezeen.com/2017/01/12/herzog-de-meuron-planning-permission-revamp-chelsea-fc-football-stadium-london/
architectsjournal.co.uk/news/mayor-approves-herzog-and-de-meurons-chelsea-stadium/10017958.article
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Uhh, islamophobic much?

>Cathedral of Football

Pretentious fucks

>Cathedral of Football

I suppose they have fucked a lot of young talent and paid them off to get where they are.

Man U cannot stand by while Chel$ea Oil Rigs one up glorious Old Trafford

We need to build a new 100k stadium in a better location in london and call it the Mecca of Football!!!!! GGMU

polan = stronkest

Looks like a nice mosque.

jesus christ that's pretentious

t. Tyrone Mohammed Suarez

>Are they literally /ourguys/?
no m8 they're cunts

>How can you possibly get more based than this?

by having history
by not having racist players and fans
by succeeding without £1bn loan from crooked jew owner

there's literally nothing wrong with racism and xenophobia, and you fucking know this

Sure, the nickname is the Cathedral of Football. whats the official name? Turkish Airlines Arena

The John Terry Racism Ring

SLICESLICESLICE

MR EDGE STRIKES AGAIN

>jew owner

Looks disgusting on the outside, I guess I'll withhold judgement until I see the interior

To be completely desu that's pretty ugly.

>Cathedral of Football
haha, no way is this real

indeed, we have the best player in the world on our team, we should make a proper stadium for him

#pogbArena

#The Mosque of Dreams

You mean the Samsung Cathedral?

Better than those generic new stadia like Wembley

I wish we had more big architectural projects these days (excluding those shitty postmodern eyesores like the Gherkin and the Walkie-Talkie. Seriously I wish ISIS would do something useful and drive a couple of planes into these abominations)

that name is cringe as fuck

I really wish they got battersea. If they kept the 4 chimneys up it would've looked based as opposed to that literal libray

>mfw I didn't realize Chelsea had fans

You guys are embarrassing yourselves by not even taking the time to google the story.

FAKE NEWS

i had sex with her

ama

As real as the poo on your hands my friend

How many times have you been shot?

no it wont, that was just a metaphor they used to make it sound fancy. they'll whore it out to some kebab billionaires so it'll probably be the Turkish Airlines Arena or some shit

funny because that pic give me nazi architecture vibes

naturally you would complain about racism as a gook.

>Russians not caring about muzzies
I'm absolewdly ok with that.

>racist players and fans
>somehow a bad thing
Kys weeb.

Oh fuck that's nice.

afaik it's real with the only caveat being that the project is post-poned.

I like that there's something unique about the design. You don't get that so much here. English people are boring/anti-intellectual as fuck.

The design is fine, the name is the problem.

dezeen.com/2017/01/12/herzog-de-meuron-planning-permission-revamp-chelsea-fc-football-stadium-london/
architectsjournal.co.uk/news/mayor-approves-herzog-and-de-meurons-chelsea-stadium/10017958.article

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

They'll just rename it to Nike stadium or some shit once someone pays enough.

Actually, it's going to remain Stamford Bridge.

Stamford Bridge is a decent name though.

>Alyssa Milano
>Supports Milan

I like it

more like the Sibneft™ Cathedral of Football

we're talking about the name you idiot, everyone knows about their new stadium.

I give it a month until they're forced to change its name to "Al-Awami Mosque of Football".

No we're not.

They just said they wanted it to be a cathedral of football, not that they wanted to name it that. Why the fuck would they change the name from Stamford Bridge?

its literally in the OP

Give a citation then.

It will have the same amount of child abuse, too

it's not even a real fucking bridge!

so not real at all? good to know, the name is cringy

>no more stamford bridge
>no more white hart lane
>no more highbury

hope old trafford stays for the future

there's just something cool about overcrowded square stadiums

Looks like a matchstick building designed by a kindergartener.

it will still be called Stamford Bridge.

It would actually be pretty based if it looked more like a church

Maybe throw some neogothic buttresses on it with some arches somewhere

Wish Man Utd would expand and improve the stadium in other ways.

White Hart Lane isn't actually a lane
The Bernabeu doesn't actually belong to Pique
The Stadium of Light is in a pretty gloomy region

There are lots of weird stadium names out there

Incredible! Should be added to wonders of the world

"Le footy lad" team

How contrived.Sad

>Stamford Bridge
>it's a stadium, not a bridge

Ugly as fuck

>Abramovich
>jew

>that one proxyposter cuck
Just kill yourself

literally stealing the nickname of our stadium

this, would've made chelsea GOATs

SAD!

>Cathedral of Football
Terrible stadium name

You barely can see Battersea cause of all the appartments and work going on around it.

isnt it inside a cathedral really quiet usually?

>Normie League

disgusting.

The most epic non built stadium ever by far
Too bad that the fucking jewish owner didn't want it because he didn't want people to relate chimneys with fun.

>racist players
>crooked jew
what did lil nip mean by that?

What are you on about? It had nothing to do with Chelsea turning it down, the local government decided to sell it to a bunch of Malaysian billionaires to turn it into luxury apartments and shops, London has a serious housing shortage so it would be political suicide to ever choose a football stadium to be built in favour of housing.

bullshit, they could do the housing in the place of the old stadium and besides there's lots of places in london to put skyscrapers
we don't need that many space to make buildings unless everyone in london somehow has a right to own a rowhouse

>London has a serious housing shortage
Yes, but how are luxury apartments going to help that?

it has a serious luxy apartments shortage cause every richfag in the world has a right to own one you see? don't you like globalism?

Underrated

Whether you agree with it or not that's exactly what happened, Chelsea never turned it down. The government decided to give Battersea to property developers right from the get go.

tbf the prices are only ludicrous if you are planning to live on your own which becomes a genuinely lonely, awful experience. Just get a flatmate and split the price and it's not that expensive. Of course it's all centred around single, young professionals.

>religious name
>our guys

Go gas yourself Adolf

>that stadium

About fucking time a big team comes up with an original design. I'm getting sick of these domes and bowls and giant boxes.

This stadium has a grand look to it, it doesn't just splash its team colors on the exterior and then have its logo slapped on the entrance.

looks like it's made out of match sticks

are they even able to fill it?

...its just the outside of the stadium, inside will be the same old

hmmmmm............

reminds me of pic related

is there a more plastic club?

Liverpool isn't plastic, they are old school wood. The problem is rather than varnish and show off the beautiful graining underneath, they paint themselves garish plastic colours in an attempt to be relevant in modern days, rather than appreciated for the antiques they are.

Chelsea are a far more plastic club, and City..

>That brutalist design

Fuck me, does anyone in that shithole have any artistic sense or are they genuinely still stuck in the 60s? I seriously hope that OPs pic isn't the final design and is simply one of many concept drawings.

>brutalist
do you even architecture

Literally indistinguishable from Elland Road

Looks decent that actually

It's quite literally my major.

Gigantic bare splines along the curves of a building is a brutalist favorite, as evince by many structures from the period. The only other place where they were commonly used were around the apses of many post-renaissance structures, churches especially.

>The only other place where they were commonly used were around the apses of many post-renaissance structures, churches especially.
>churches especially.
I think the architects did this with full awareness. After all, OP claims that the place will be called "The Cathedral of football" so it isn't entirely implausible that the church-like look is intentional.

No fucking shit.

>that palsied bitch on crutches in the foreground

Inclusive!

I bet it'll look like shit.
I've done these CGIs for Berkeley in the past and you can make any stupid shit look amazing