Hi guys i need help

hi guys i need help
i started biulding my own from scratch, i got an asrock 970 extreme4 with a asus r9280 dc2t but i'm not getting any videosignal and the debugg display shows 97
any idea where i went wrong?

Like, an Nvidia 970 and a Radeon r9280?

from the google
>debug code 97 is:

>Problem related to PCI-E devices. Please re-install PCI-E devices or try installing them in other slots. If the problem still exists, please remove all PCI-E devices or try using another VGA card.

Yeah, you got cucked by ATi. No really.
97 is Console Output devices connect. Try to reseat the card in the slot, or try the other two slots. Also check the power. Did you mix up the PCIe auxiliary power cables with the EPS12V cable? This happens, worryingly more often than it really should.

Also this. It is never a good idea to buy nVidia chipsets. It is also not a good idea to buy anything from AMD/ATi (at least graphics-wise). Mixing those two? You dun goofed.

did you run power to the card?

If you were to build a computer from scratch, you would first, have to create the universe

>Mixing those two? You dun goofed.

I agree.

This, OP. 97 means there's a problem with the pci-e device, your card. I'd reseat it and check power connections. Then do the same for the other pci-e slots if it doesn't work right after the reseat.

You can also plug the monitor into video-out from your motherboard to see if it'll work. Then check if the card is recognized in the device manager.

It won't boot obviously. Stuck at the debug code, innit.

i dont think so, everthing conected right and smoothly.
also ,try all other pcie slots, none worked

do you have latest bios for your mobo

also there are 2 leds at the power connection from the card and both are green

>i dont think so, everthing conected right and smoothly.
It didn't, obviously. That, or the card is fucked.

You may need to buy and install a cpu for things to work

well shit, its not like paied money for that thing

You could always try it in another machine.

Stop being a nigger and spend the $150 for a 1050ti

had the same chipset and almost the same card (gpu is from gigabyte).

u could try a bios-update. maybe the version u're using right now isnt compatible with ur gpu. u got a onboard gpu? use that for the bios-update.

no onboard gpu

well, go ask a friend for a gpu u can use temporary for the bios-update. unless u got a shitty one u can put in.

well guess ill get another card then, thank you guys all for your help