youtube.com/watch?v=ATedRYFo_m0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cringe

Can't even prove me wrong.

MY NAME IS NICK CROMPTON AND MY COLLAR STAY POPPIN

>UK rap

yeehaw

T I N G

Australian hip-hop is objectively the most patrician genre.

pretty sure the technology for music hasn't reached australia yet so doubt there is any australian hip hop. hopefully the ships with the music supplies reach there soon so we can see if australia can make any worthwhile music

Roots Manuva
The Streets
Rejje Snow
Loyle Carner
Massive Attack

Go home user

I was joking but there's been a hip-hop scene since the 90's. It's flourishing pretty well at the moment (in the grand scheme of things). A few artists have decent followings in the U.S and Europe. It's not that good but it has its moments.

>it's not that good but it has its moments.
Story of the entire australian music scene

Would love to see an American MC try to do something like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=N0XfU1gqBno

I'll give you Loyle Carner, but do you actually consider Massive Attack as rap? The rest is bad cringe.

Eh, you could say that about any country desu

Rejjie Snow is irish. And his mixtape was fucking horrible. Furthermore, he raps in an American accent, kinda waters down his identity

Stop calling everything that you don't like cringe because you come off as a retard

>youtube.com/watch?v=N0XfU1gqBno [

You don't see the U.S. doing that because that was bad.

Rejjie Snow is Irish, not British

Found the britfag.

no really of all the influential western countries australia has the most pathetic music output.

What was bad about it?

massive attack is a trip-hop group not a hip hop group. not sure if its a british thing to pronounce that tr as an h but you are retardedly grasping for straws on that inclusion

What about New Zealand?

I'm not, jibanas loxe tu blet.
I'm not him. And what's with the damage control? I didn't say anything Massive Attack not being a hiphop group

britcore is the most underrated thing in existence

youtube.com/watch?v=j9F7Ox2cv2A

I guess the length is impressive?

trip-hop is a form of hip-hop dumbass

woah racist they are not the same country or culture. and i said influential not constantly forgotten to be placed on maps

It isn't. It's pretty short for a set. The MCing is impressive. The DJing is pretty damn good too.

no its not you unfathomably large faggot. just cuz they both have hop in the name doesn't mean they are related. kys and then learn something about music for once

good argument my fellow redditor

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trip_hop#1990s
youtube.com/watch?v=JNA-XfduSE4

from your own source you fucking 12 year old pleb

t has been described as "a fusion of hip hop and electronica until neither genre is recognizable,"[5] and may incorporate a variety of styles, including funk, dub, soul, psychedelia, R&B, and house, as well as other forms of electronic music.

zero 7 is trip hop and in no way rap. portishead is one of the defining bands of the trip hop invasion but has no rapping. many trip hop bands have female soul singers. i know you are just new to music and only no massive attack but don't be a moron your whole life

the debate is about hip-hop not rap you literal retard

I consider them hip-hop really
Have you heard Roots Manuva's album Run Come Save Me? That is definitely not cringe
Rejje Snow has become shit now but his stuff from three or so years ago is really good. I will admit I thought he was from Northern Ireland though

hip hop is beat plus rapping. just because trip hop has beats that sounds like hip hop or rapping on it doesnt make it hip hop you faggit. here are some triphop staples that you will deny because you are talking shit and don't know anything about what you are saying

youtube.com/watch?v=8uciibl0rcs

youtube.com/watch?v=5tZlu4wP4pw

>hip hop is beat plus rapping
my god...

well you consider them wrong. here is a massive attack song they recently released that is in no way hip hop. since you know the band is fucking trip hop

youtube.com/watch?v=KY0TZQTwwbk

does that make dj shadow and j dilla non-music then

exactly. that is how retarded the classification of hip hop must be if massive attack is a hip hop group because some songs have rapping. or some songs sound like a hip hop beat.

aka anyone who even remotely agrees massive attack kinda being hip hop has no idea about music, trip hop, or hip hop

Listen to Blue Lines and tell me that it isn't ostensibly a hip-hop album
And anyway, proper Trip-Hop is just Hip-Hop played by people who listened to Mad Professor dubs when they were kids, you melt

what are producers?
fucking plebs on this board

>still believing artists can be put in strict categories according to genre
you are like little babby

You want get shanked famylam?

its not. its a trip hop album by a trip hop band made with their fucking trip hop talent. trip hop is a genre distinct and in no way classified as a part of hip hop you fucking mong. when you grow past 12 you can maybe learn some shit before you speak

mo wax comps in the 90's often featured hip-hop tracks on them or at the very least hip-hop instrumentals. 90's trip-hop was all about urban hip-hop fetishism

the difference between actual 90's trip-hop and later 00's chill jazzy cocktail "trip-hop" is the same as the difference between 1st wave post-rock and later crescendo-core post-rock

since massive attack are one of the pioneers of trip hop genre than yeah you retard. you create a genre then you get to be labeled as it. if you make it so obvious how stupid you are then maybe jsut don't comment.

>still thinking he is talking to one person
hello newfriend
That was my first post in the chain.

portishead is one of the defining bands of trip hop genre you retard. they were always jazzy cocktail trip hop so nice try but you are still wrong and still a massive faggot.

spend 5 minutes looking shit up:
Deriving from later idioms of acid house,[6] the term was first used by the British music media to describe the more experimental variant of breakbeat emerging from the Bristol Sound scene in the early 1990s, which contained influences of soul, funk and jazz.[6][7] It was pioneered by acts like Massive Attack, Tricky, and Portishead

You're actually an idiot mate, listen to the earliest trip-hop tracks, listen to Mark Stewart or tACKHEAD. The genres origins clearly lie in HipHop

how is anything i said not replying to your one post you faggot but nice try. literally told you how stupid you sounded and not to comment but you repeat your stupididty to try an gain cred as le oldfag to hide your lack of music knowledge and general faggotry

>1 out of 3 equates all 3
wow

see
because you have no idea what you are talking about and the genre is mainly derived from dance and house music incorporating elements from genres like hip hop
in fact read the whole wikipedia article and do something good with your life

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trip_hop

Sure, dad, whatever. You can believe that triphop has nothing to do with hiphop and that hiphop must include rapping and that artists can't put out music of multiple genres and that all music can be described with only one genre, just relax.

here faggot since you are too lazy to correct yourself

Common musical aesthetics include a bass-heavy drumbeat, often emulating the slowed down breakbeat samples typical of hip hop in the 1990s, giving the genre a more psychedelic touch. Vocals in trip hop are often female and feature characteristics of various singing styles including R&B, jazz and rock. The female-dominant vocals of trip hop may be partially attributable to the influence of genres such as jazz and early R&B, in which female vocalists were more common. However, there are notable exceptions - Massive Attack & Groove Armada collaborates with vocalists of mixed genders, Tricky often features vocally in his own productions along with Martina Topley-Bird, and Chris Corner provided vocals for later albums with Sneaker Pimps.

Trip hop is also known for its melancholy sound. This may be partly due to the fact that several acts were inspired by post punk bands; Tricky and Massive Attack both covered and sampled songs of Siouxsie and the Banshees[57][58] and The Cure.[59][60] Tricky opened his second album Nearly God by a version of "Tattoo", a pre-trip-hop song of Siouxsie and the Banshees.[61]

Trip hop differs from hip hop in theme and overall tone. Instead of gangsta rap with its hard-hitting lyrics, trip hop offers a more aural atmospherics with instrumental hip hop, turntable scratching, and breakbeat rhythms. Regarded in some ways as a 1990s update of fusion, trip hop may be said to "transcend" the hardcore rap styles and lyrics with atmospheric overtones to create a more mellow tempo

now fuck off

try to obfuscate your point more please. i never said it didn't have elements of hip hop. but massive attack is not a hip hop group. trip hop is not a form of hip hop. and your cop out bs on genres doesn't make you suddenly right

>R&B, jazz and rock
aka genres which impacted the formation of actual hip-hop

>umm ackshually it's vocal trip hop fusion with 90s electronica elements and an undertone of ambient
shut up nerd

oh so massive attack is also a jazz and rock group huh. what a retarded point that makes your argument even more flimsy. i trip hop has R&B roots so does mo-town so i guess massive attack is also a mo-town group

isn't trip-hop just hip-hop where the rnb elements dominate over the rap elements

fuck off with your pleb taste and ignorance. massive attack is a founding group for trip hop and saying different is fucking ignorant

Trip hop is closer to hip hop than grime or garage and these two genres are what is usually thought of as UK rap.
Conclusion: trip hop is just as much UK rap as Stormzy, Dizzee or The Streets
RETARD

TELL MAN S H U T U P

i don't care about your ear telling you what sounds similar because your obviously lacking in any music knowledge and opinions mean shit. trip hop is closer to jazz that grim so therefore trip hop is UK jazz like whatever your fucking mom listens to fuck off

listen to this sweet uk hip hop song then

youtube.com/watch?v=g7gutsi1uT4&list=PLCEuizJnmmpiucfvrAooB3EJVb5QZC_QC&index=6

Fuck off with your ad hom. You're a fucking madman, I can't understand what you're trying to say
Sick. No rapping though, so it doesn't belong in this thread

this is my favorite uk hip hop song
youtube.com/watch?v=2eBZqmL8ehg

its trip hop though and you said its more uk hip hop the grime so don't see the problem

Sick. No rapping though, so it doesn't belong in this thread.
You can't even read. How sad is that?

oh suddenly trip hop has to have rapping? i thought you made a blanket statement incorectly about the genre but now suddenly only certain trip hop is actually hip hop but if it doesnt have rapping then what. its a new genre?

you are a faggot who learned something today so your welcome, next time you talk about trip hop you wont be ignorant

>Conclusion: trip hop is just as much UK rap as Stormzy, Dizzee or The Streets

so the videos posted above are uk rap in your own words since both are nothing but classic 90s trip hop songs

This thread is about UK rap. British trip hop with rapping on it is UK rap. Trip hop with no rapping is not UK rap, because "rap" implies there has to be rapping.
Spelled it out real easy for a retard like you. Fuck off now?

A grime tune with no rapping in it isn't UK rap either. I thought that most people who have enough brain capacity to read and write would also figure out that for it to qualify as "rap" something has to have rapping in it, so I didn't feel the need to specify that.

british trip hop with rapping is british trip hop you insufferable ass. are gorillaz a rap group because some of their songs have raps in it. not because most people are not retarded and trying to cling to an argument that is wrong in every way'

also this thread is about how uk rap is shit and being a little shit fan of shit uk rap makes sense you can't differentiate

Rap is a vocal technique. Any song that has rapping in it can be qualified as rap.

see changing up the goal posts i am talking about hip hop so instrumental hip hop counts. suddenly you are saying rap isnt trip hop like was said point blank
>trip hop is UK rap
so stop changing goal posts to not seem so stupid. trip hop is one genre hip hop is one genre. instrumental hip hop is a hip hop track. rapping is a style of vocals than can go on any genre of music

Why are you talking about hiphop? Did you not read the OP? Bunch of tards on this site, I swear

change your point so much its hard for you to keep track but here is my continued point. trip hop is not hip hop in any way and yes they both may feature rapping but that does not make trip hop a form of hip hop or massive attack magically a hip hop group or you point suddenly correct and sensible

fromTrip hop is closer to hip hop than grime or garage and these two genres are what is usually thought of as UK rap.
Conclusion: trip hop is just as much UK rap as Stormzy, Dizzee or The Streets

op is the retard posting trip hop is uk rap

The dude was just listing UK rap groups in the post that sparked all this and you jumped on him without even reading what the thread is about. Sad!

no what started this thread of retardation you faggot is
and further faggot agreeingso fuck off you massive cunts

Alright, what do you want me to do about it? Fuck your mum? I'm right either way

calling massive attack a rap group is even more wrong than calling them a hip hop group

no see like pointed out heremassive attack is not a rap group. thats even more retarded than calling them hip hop. so in all senses of the word you are wrong and most likely a sorry dissappointment in your whole life

Yeah because they've never put out songs with rapping in them.

2 PLUS 2 IS 4, MINUS 1 THAT'S 3 QUICK MATHSSSS

that makes justin beiber a rapper and katie perry and aerosmith a rap group. chemical brothers are a well known rap group and so is daft punk

your trying so hard but still somehow more retarded than the anons say massive attack was hip hop.

soundcloud.com/kraliyet/youre-not

good time to plug my uk rap desu

but youtube.com/watch?v=FPvmZTFx9vQ is an absolute goat god

L JINNY IS THE G.O.A.T
youtube.com/watch?v=JUJdtYLXO6o
youtube.com/watch?v=3F_L3w38hhU
youtube.com/watch?v=UTPfZknXj80
youtube.com/watch?v=ATedRYFo_m0

>has "-hop" in the name
check

>has beats that are not dissimilar to hip-hop
check