Are David Lynch's movies scary? I was frightened by FWWM, Mulholland Drive etc. like never in my life. Is it normal...

Are David Lynch's movies scary? I was frightened by FWWM, Mulholland Drive etc. like never in my life. Is it normal, or am i just a huge pussy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SztmuNDfBYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes and yes

I'm a "movies don't scare me" fag and David Lynch movies actually make me pretty nervous. It's that he doesn't use realistic ways to make up something scary and weird, he uses weird ways to represent something in life that's real and scary. Eraserhead is a perfect example for myself - I felt empathetic while watching because it summed up my feelings when I first became a father.

Yes. Watch Lost Highway next if you haven't.

The videos in Lost Highway unnerved me.

I don't think his films are scary, just weird. Though Blue Velvet's opening sequence kind of unnerved me, but that turned out to be unwarranted. The 'hands' scene in FWWM did make me legitimately upset though and gave me my first nightmare in years, pretty weird.

Mulholland Drive is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen but at the same time one of the most scary I've seen

Tbh favorite film of all time

>unnerving coffee scene
>adam spilling pink paint on jewelry comedy
>cowboy scene

Perfect pacing

Scary? No
Subtly unnerving? Yes

Robert Blake was perfect in Lost Highway
Dennis Hopper was perfect in Blue Velvet

HEINEKEN?!

PABST

BLUE

RIBBON

Inland Empire is the scariest fucking film I have ever seen

>inland empire was literally filmed in SD digital so there isn't even a source to make a good bluray with
>release a bluray anyway

?

There is a region free german blu.

What? I clearly said there was BR releases, the point is there is no fucking reason to release inland empire on BR because the SOURCE for the film is SD digital because that's how it was shot.

It's exactly the same quality as a full screened DVD that is just 20gb larger for nothing.

Based Lynch being based

FWWM is basically a straight vampire deconstruction that believes what's underneath the tropes is way more terrifying than vampires, Hollywood panning it was high praise.

I misread your comment. I still like having the bluray for the uncompressed audio. Also, there was some jerkiness on the DVD not present on the bluray.

>uncompressed audio

The DTS/AC3 is still very much compressed compared to the raw PCM or whatever format it was originally captured in.

Well whatever it is, it sounds much better than the DVD on my speakers.

The Winkies scene in Mulholland Drive is pretty tense and when the scary thing actually happens it is scary but there's no loud noises or anything accompanying it. The whole movie is pretty tense actually even with the humor.

How do people think Lost Highway is compared to Mulholland Drive, Eraserhead, and Blue Velvet? It's the next one I'm going to watch probably.

Blue Velvet is the best "regular" film.

Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive share a lot of qualities, but Mulholland is better in pretty much every way.

>Subtly unnerving
This, and that he always puts humor in the mix. That's why his films are unique to him. There is always that feeling that something is horribly off, and then out of nowhere, some eccentric character does or says something so silly that you end up laughing. He also has always experimented with disconcerting sounds to get under the viewer's skin.

youtube.com/watch?v=SztmuNDfBYQ

this webm is a perfect example:

Jack Nance plays a great slightly off-beat funny man in lots of the films.