How to feed/condition/anything my brain into having more musical ideas...

how to feed/condition/anything my brain into having more musical ideas? im trying to make some songs before i die inside completely
taking walks and socializing has improved my desire to make original music but i cant seem to have original song ideas, let away lyrics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LgjgAAkhLs8&t=1783s
youtube.com/watch?v=-8YxgTiJtD8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>coffee
>actually have life experiences to talk about

This

Most people without a songwriting partner or curating team have one good song in them. Just the way it is. Forget your favorite artists, because it's rather demoralizing to compare your own personhood to a thing that was literally developed by a committee.

Make a song about that. The writer's block... or the writer's wall!

>Nick Drake
>committee

>led zeppelin
>acdc
>songs literally written by one or two members
>committee

if you try too hard it's not gonna be something, just do what is more "natural" to (it's certainly not the right word, look at the state of things, don't decide, just do something, talk write compose record photograph it)

get lots and lots of healthy, natural sleep - preferably with attractive female if you have one

also post your rarest pepe and ill give you another tip user, how bow dah

AC/DC is good. Led Zeppelin, on the other hand, is excruciating.

i dont think i have any rare one, my folder is small

their compositions are good to me
i think ill listen to their entire discographies with a guitar in hands

They're good if you like shit diluted with garbage.

k all good

all truly great thoughts are concieved when walking (nietzsche) - so keep walking

listen to Bach while reading his sheet music - it's fundamental and good training, especially in kontrapunkte

try to transcribe shit whenever you can

learn by ear

learn dem scales

i am drunk

youtube.com/watch?v=LgjgAAkhLs8&t=1783s

7 minutes in and my head is blowing

This, most genuine songwriter ive heard pretty much ever.

Unusually talented. Bad idea to compare yourself to him.

For me, having listened to a ton of music has given me a palette of sounds to use
In addition, I can be pretty sure I'm not accidentally ripping off somebody's sound

I tend to get a lot of conceptual ideas from watching movies or reading

how do i came up with stuff like the section that starts at 2:50 of this vid youtube.com/watch?v=-8YxgTiJtD8

I recommend take LSD, then try to recreate the sounds you heard in your head after

Do you have an instrument? just start by fucking around and coming up with little melodies. If you have access to some kind of digital track system like the Four Track app or whatever, layer melodies and you're bound to come up something and learn a lot. Just experiment for a couple months and then a real song should emerge.

yes
no phone tho, can only record by sitting on this damn copmuter and carefully and effortfully pointing the mic at the guitar

bump

>Every relatively well-known musician is no different from top 40 acts: The post