Why are they always so bad?

Why are they always so bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b6qrW1mdRmQ
youtu.be/IME_wgGSX-E
youtube.com/watch?v=j0LVUl1wYo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because LeBron decided to play basketball

Had a shit expansion team and drafted a QB number one with no O Line. Of course the Texans finally have recovered from the same mistake, but it took a while.

When you're as bad as they are for so long in a league that bends over backwards to help shit teams it's going to be innumerable reasons. If I had to order them it the major ones would be

>Shit management(far and away #1, specifically inability to draft)
>Never finding/developing a QB
>Bad rep means they have to overpay now for free agents if they even want to come and that's disasterous in a hard cap league
>bad luck

It's almost as if the Cleveland Browns are trying to be the worst team. They consistently waste draft picks like they're trying to avoid the good players. The Browns do not want a QB or WR.

I feel bad for the few elite players who got stuck in Cleveland. Thomas and Hayden wasted their prime years on a shit team.

They lack an identity.

They need to embrace a team personality...Stop with the fucking QBs. A mean...personal fouling, unsportsmanlike conduct defense and pound the rock.

Hopefully miles and peppers gives them that.

Oline..Dline...RB..secondary...passing attack. Build in that order.

(((they))) don't want us to have a good football team

This video is a must watch

youtube.com/watch?v=b6qrW1mdRmQ

Throwing good picks doesn't fix a team
Teams are bad because of management

You see, it starts with the retarded ass name of the team: Browns. One would expect your team colors to at least match your name and logo, but nope. Team color is FUCKING ORANGE. The entire organization pretty much follows suit down this path of retardation. It's actually entertaining to watch an organization fail so hard year in and year out.

A FUCKING COUCH

As a Bengals fan its especially sweet being in the AFC north with them.

I don't understand how that team has any fans or makes any money.

The sad thing is Cleveland and Cincinnati usually go 1-1. It's a friendly contest.

Holy shit, I forgot about Joe Jurevicius. That whole situation was odd. Maybe he got AIDS and they kept it private.

True, it is friendly. It's just nice knowing our record is always better

Long time listener, first time caller here.

Patriotfag.

It literally took us a billionaire kike patfag & a Dominican midget pitcher from heaven to erase our curse.

Oh, but you have Lebron though.

Is it time for the NFL to step in and do something about this franchise?

Mercy kill

Cleveland deserves every last bit of shit they have received over the decades and more.

fuck cleveland.

Clevelandians are desperate for any sort of entertainment

Garbage logo and name

Dont the Bills have a longer playoff drought than the Browns?

Their lack of patience is probably what hurts them the most.

>2004
They drafted Luke McCown.

>2005
They drafted Charlie Frye.

>2007
They drafted Brady Quinn.

>2010
They drafted Colt McCoy.

>2012
They drafted Brandon Weeden.

>2014
They drafted Manlet.

>2016
Cody whoever the fuck that is.

>2017
Kizer

I mean come on. Just about every year they were drafting QBs. Every year they had players competing for the starting job. At no point did they have any type of consistency at literally the most important position on the team.

They have 0 patience and always want to go big or go home. Tom Brady is an amazing quarterback but even if they drafted him there the team would be shit because there would be literally nothing to build with. Just because you draft an amazing QB doesn't mean he's going to magically make shit linemen become amazing blockers or make WRs run routes better.

They had some pieces to build with and even had a decent defensive pieces where if they were patient they could've became AT LEAST playoff contenders but they squandered that trying to draft QBs year after year like fucking idiots.

Yes

Kizer was actually good value where they got him

anyways there's nothing wrong with taking a shot at quarterbacks until you get the right one

the problem is their shit scouting and putting their qb in position to fail

Good post. Good coaching can mask a lot of deficiencies on a team, which something Cleveland has also lacked (they've been pretty impatient with their coaches as well). Doesn't help that they could have had Derek Carr in 2014.

Lots of teams make the playoffs every year with sub-elite level of QB play. Houston, Miami, New York Giants all got there without it. Hell, even the Chiefs somehow got a first round bye with Alex Smith doing nothing but dinking and dunking all year long.

and none of those teams even got to the conference championship

Cleveland's problem is they're always looking to fill the biggest gap with the draft, by picking overrated draftees because of high potential.

The problem is, a bad team makes even an above-average talent look bad. They are the equivalent of the guy who thinks "if I fix X, then my life will be perfect" when in truth, it's a variety of symptoms.

And like that guy, they also self-sabotage because to succeed at X then continue to fail would prove their self-assessment to be inaccurate, which for some egos is worse.

This. They had the rare chance to completely rebrand and like idiots they chose to stick w MUH BROWNS.

They cursed themselves.

Ravens won a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco a few years ago. Anything's possible.

>there's nothing wrong with taking a shot at quarterbacks until yo uget the right one

Yeah that'd be true if they actually gave any of their quarterbacks a shot. A year and half of on and off starts isn't exactly a shot. They didn't try to develop a single fucking quarterback on their roster and with the shit show that is Cleveland even if you did you'd constantly be looking over your shoulder wondering if you're going to get benched this week for some 30 something year old backup. Cleveland has been and for the foreseeable future, will be a shit show.

I agree. They just needed to stick with one guy and try to develop him. Colt McCoy and Brady Quinn both were decent and could've been system babbies if given the opportunity. Out of all those names, only Frye and McCown went on to have a decent career. Cleveland pretty much ruined their chances of playing in the NFL.

I agree with your post as well. I think majority of the blame is to be put on idiotic management. I've seen high school teams being ran better than the Browns, which is pretty fucking sad.

> Browns

They are literally the Cleveland Shits, what do you expect?

Cleveland is depressing as fuck. Most people there don't care about the Indians and they only care about the Cavs because of Lebron.

Why the fuck would you be proud to be a bungles fan you fucking retard? You're the same as the Browns lmao

>Of course the Texans finally have recovered from the same mistake

Hey, great, now they have an O-line and no QB.

Browns are much better than the Bungholes.

Except once they actually get those guys, everyone else wants to move out.

They've never had a QB anyone can have faith in, and the one year where things look on the upside they don't have any faith in their guy anyways. Fucking Bryan Hoyer goes 7-4, the dude should at the very least close out the season instead of this media "let Manziel play!" bullshit. Yes Hoyer isn't that good, but at least the team had something that was going well and a poor game 11 shouldn't result in #2 dropping a #2 on the team.

Anyone good they get wants to go somewhere else after a few years because there's nobody quarterbacking the team.

how many Super Bowls have the Oranges gotten to? That's right, none. Bengals have 2. Doesn't matter if they're both losses, they have Montana a run for his money both times. Every other AFC team would have to be quite literally bombed out of existence for the Browns to reach the Super Bowl.

Who has the better win-loss percentage?
Who won more championships?
Who has more players in the Hall of Fame?
Who has a more recent playoff win?

The Bengals are the ultimate joke of the NFL and even with the Browns being dogshit for the last 20 years they weren't able to jump over them. Forever the little brother, a faggot franchise literally made out of butthurt over getting fired by the Browns.

Jesus, I knew it was bad but not this bad.

Daily reminder that the Bottlegate was justified.

I'll forever say that the biggest issue the Browns have been instability in front office / coaching staff. Haslam has been the owner since 2012 I think and in that tenure no head coach has been around for more than 1-2 years. The longest tenure a hc has had since 99 is 3 years which was from like 05 to 08. Whenever the gm or whomever gets fired they usually want to bring on a new coaching staff and with that comes coaches who want "their guys" which leads to so many qb's being drafted. Get an office / coaching staff that can work together (which I believe they currently have) that doesn't get to fighting and let them put together a team. It's going to take more than two years to do that. I think they're moving in the right direction but Haslam can't blow the shit up if (when) they come away with another losing season. I mean shit, Marvin Lewis has like a .500 record with the Bengals and he's been the team's coach for over a decade now.

You mean the refs call was justified or the fans losing their shit was justified?

Fans losing their shit

Gotcha. Yeah, that was a shit call. Another crazy game was "The Drive"
Browns / Broncos in '87 AFC championship game.

youtu.be/IME_wgGSX-E

Damn John Elway.

And if he didn't, it would've bee kaepernick, which is even worse

youtube.com/watch?v=j0LVUl1wYo4

It all boils down to ownership. With old man Lerner they went into playoffs like 3 years after the expansion, but ever since he died it all went to shit because his son treated the team like a cash cow and Haslam is just dumb.

>allowing glass bottles in the stands

Who thought this was a good idea?

They've had bad leadership since the real Browns left for Baltimore

it's a compounding problem since fixing a deep problem takes pragmatic, long term steps, but they want to win in the next 2 seasons, so they go for guys with huge upside but a good chance of busting, and keep making bad bets to that effect

This. Team is 3-4 years from any meaningful contention. Front office goes through turnover every couple years because owner is impatient.

Look at the Raiders. They got their GM, what, four years ago? With a fuckton of shit contracts from the last Al Davis years and shit-all draft picks. They suffered through a few years of shit to get their QB and positional players in order. No big shifts in defensive schemes of offensive style so you don't end up with signed players with no good role on the field. Now they're trying to plug gaps and contend.

Cleveland isn't even as bad as those raiders were but they aren't even taking the first steps to establish a strong foundation

Carr was considered a risky player too. Solid arm strength and all the physical tools but his level of play was questionable when pulled out of the spread, plus he played for a meme school. Raiders just took on the risk and it paid off.

Failure begets failure. Any player that gets the opportunity to leave does so in the hopes of being on a winning team. Their only hope is the entire team dies in a plane crash and the NFL institutes a disaster draft.

And I should add that probably only nets them a couple good years ...then they're back to being shit.

>tfw the cleveland FGC group is trying to organize a tournament in pittsburgh because no one wants to travel to cleveland

It's kinda sad that a bunch of guys want to drive an hour and a half to organize a video game tournament because their own fucking city is suck a pit of depression

Always starts at the top. Shit owner.

You have to hire the right people and then let them do their job with confidence. Browns have a new coaches, gm, president every other year.

Ravens and Steelers have good systems in place with stability. Bengals have a mediocre one with stability.

No doubt Carr was a risky pick. He was also a second rounder so if he busts, they were not out too much. Look at how many first round picks Cleveland has spent on QBs when they could've been filling out the line of scrimmage positions, where the skills displayed in college have a decent correlation with NFL success.

Cleveland drafts in a nutshell:
That guy playing blackjack who has busted hitting on 15-17 for ten straight hands but keeps doing it because "it's just bad luck it'll average out eventually".

This video doesn't really explain anything though.

And it's only gotten worse since then! Just fucking shut it down already.

>line of scrimmage
Cleveland unironically has one of the best OLs in football right now and their DL is no joke either. But yeah speaking about the last 20 years you're definitely correct.

You won't be talking shit in 2023 when they win it all

I think worries about system quarterbacks in college are overblown. If the QB is accurate, doesn't flinch in the pocket and has a decent wonderlic score, the building blocks to success are already there. Those are traits that can't be fixed at the pro level.

Also, Carr spent a season of his college career in a pro style offense, so the concerns about him being a spread offense baby were dumb. I thought Carr should have been a first rounder. Imagine how good the Vikings would be if they took him over Bridgewater.

fuck move to Toronto wouldya

Name a single air raid QB who wasn't shit in the NFL then

Why did so many Brown's players get staph infections?

cleveland is the reason they don't do it anymore.

i remember being a wee lad and watching that game..

From what I understand, the air raid is a version of the spread offense, but I wasn't talking about the air raid.

Regardless, Brees, Rivers and Roethlisberger are future Hall of Fame inductees who ran the spread in college. Carr and Newton are recent examples of successful spread QBs.

Confirmed for never having been to the Land.

Cleveland is great. Nice people, good food and cheap cost of living. I'm not living there right now, but as soon as I can I'll move back.

The bad reputation keeps all you faggots away, which is just how we like it.

No, you said system doesn't matter, so I told you to name successful air raid QBs. The fact there aren't any means system does indeed matter.

When the fuck did I say it "doesn't matter"?

Nick Foles had some success

>Bad ownership
>Bad Scouts
>Bad Front Office Staff
>Canning coaches every two years
>Best skill players would rather serve drug suspensions
>Cleveland is an awful city

There is probably more reasons, but these are the major ones.

>They are literally the Cleveland Shits, what do you expect?

Yes. The denizens of Cleveland Ohio agree with you wholeheartedly.

They exist purely for the purpose of giving the stoolers and the shit-bird-cheaters free tickets to the postseason.

>Just because you draft an amazing QB doesn't mean he's going to magically make shit linemen become amazing blockers or make WRs run routes better.
Who is Peyton Manning?
Who is Tom Brady?
Who is Aaron Rodgers?
I agree that the Browns have been idiotic about draftin QBs, but getting a surefire HoFer will fix a lot of shit.

Missing his point. Those guys can elevate average talents around them, and the ensuing success makes it easier to acquire above average talents which they can elevate in turn.

And what are the number of first round QB drafts since Peyton who have assembled a "surefire HOFer" portfolio of work? The odds must be pretty abysmally low.

Yeah by most accounts QBs have to dump a lot of what they know about systems when they get to the Pro level anyways. Many of Carr's strong points were statistic intangibles - mental poise, strong mentoring from his brother, hard work ethic, humble, very teachable.

They keep drafting early QBs and not developing them at all.